D2 State Semi-final: R6 Toledo Central Catholic (13-1) vs R8 Kings Mills Kings (13-1) @ Wapakoneta

Who wins?

• Toledo Central Catholic by a lot

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Toledo Central Catholic by a little

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Kings Mills Kings by a little

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Kings Mills Kings by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

^^^
Somewhere between Toledo and Cinci though from reading some threads, that's not a guarantee
eastisbest-

Are you making the trip to Wapak?

I tend to be a last minute decider. It's always a busy weekend. There's definitely some churches down that way I'd like to see sometime. You're down that way aren't you? I recall you saying something about working there.

Looking at the forecast, it'll be a bit better than last night's weather at Perkins. Good riddance to the lake effect. I had to be wearing about 6+ layers and the wind made it feel like I was wearing nothing at times.

Using I-75 it looks to be a ~1 and 1/2 hour drive from Toledo.

I don't mind Wapak's home side and the visitors side is ok if your on the top row. This to me is not a stadium that should be hosting a D2 semi final. I'm a Sidney resident so of course I'm going to say this game should be in Sidney. Sidney has much better parking, right off the interstate and a way better visitor side. If I was Toledo, I would not mind to travel a other 15 to 20 minutes to a much better visitor side.

Oh well good luck to both teams and safe travels.

Do we kn
I don't mind Wapak's home side and the visitors side is ok if your on the top row. This to me is not a stadium that should be hosting a D2 semi final. I'm a Sidney resident so of course I'm going to say this game should be in Sidney. Sidney has much better parking, right off the interstate and a way better visitor side. If I was Toledo, I would not mind to travel a other 15 to 20 minutes to a much better visitor side.

Do we know who’s going to be on the visitor side? I would have assumed Kings….

Who’s the favorite here? I assume Kings is the underdog just because I don’t know anything about all these northern teams.

Wapak Harmon Field is a great facility and hosts playoff games all the time. Often times, it's D5-D7 games since that's most of the area around Wapakoneta but they've hosted higher divisions before. A D3 state semifinal a few years ago. The home grandstand was just rebuilt in recent years and has chairbacks in the center. Visitor stands haven't been updated, but there's still a good amount of seating. Restrooms/concessions are pretty solid too. Overall not as good as Piqua or Sidney, but not terrible by any means.

While Wapak is a bit of a country town and the high school is on the north end, the stadium itself is in town at the old high school (now middle school), so parking isn't immediately next to the stadium. But there's a little bit of parking at the school, some at the church nearby, and then plenty at the Grandview Plaza shopping area that's about 2 blocks from the stadium. If you're looking for a bite to eat, LaGrande Pizza and Side Rail (downtown) and El Azteca (right off I-75) are local favorites. As far as things to do in Wapak, well there's not much. The Neil Armstrong Air & Space Museum and Walmart are the local attractions. That's all the insight I have as a WBL guy (the league Wapak is in). Hope TCC and Kings folks have a good visit if you travel for the game.

Who’s the favorite here? I assume Kings is the underdog just because I don’t know anything about all these northern teams.
I would assume Kings as visitor with TCC home. Not sure how they do semifinal “seeding” or what not but I do know Kings was #4 and TCC was #3 in their respective regions.

I would say TCC is a favorite. Outside of La Salle and WW (and Lima Sr. too lol) I don’t know much else about R8 or Kings.

I am interested to know how strong the Kings defense is. Anyone with offers?

^^^
Somewhere between Toledo and Cinci though from reading some threads, that's not a guarantee

I tend to be a last minute decider. It's always a busy weekend. There's definitely some churches down that way I'd like to see sometime. You're down that way aren't you? I recall you saying something about working there.
I am indeed in Lima (Lost.In.Middle.America.) and although the town is a slag pit you sure get to see some great football.

Get some of the boys together like irish_buffalo, et al. It's a 90 minute trip, however. If some of the regulars decide to attend perhaps we can meet somewhere beforehand. That's if you want to risk being seen in public in my presence.

I would assume Kings as visitor with TCC home. Not sure how they do semifinal “seeding” or what not but I do know Kings was #4 and TCC was #3 in their respective regions.

I would say TCC is a favorite. Outside of La Salle and WW (and Lima Sr. too lol) I don’t know much else about R8 or Kings.

Through the regular season Kings allowed the fewest ppg in the ECC, like 11 or 12 or so. We were just a few yards per game ahead of Winton Woods for least ypg. They get tons of turnovers. You can move the ball through the air, but they will get interceptions. Struggle getting to the QB. I think they’re very good against the run. Kept Trey Cornist in check twice except for one long run in each game. But all their big wins came down to needing a defensive stand, and they came through repeatedly.

Kings has certainly been in the hunt in the past. It's nice to see them get further this time. They certainly seem like the most likely darkhorse team left.

Sidney's stadium is very nice. TCC played Trotwood Madison there in a downpour a few years back.

Based on pictures, Wapak's home side looks nice. Not a fan of the broken up stands on the visitor's side. Concourse looks decently sized and paved. Hope TCC gets the home side.

Sidney's stadium is very nice. TCC played Trotwood Madison there in a downpour a few years back.

Based on pictures, Wapak's home side looks nice. Not a fan of the broken up stands on the visitor's side. Concourse looks decently sized and paved. Hope TCC gets the home side.
LaSalle also.

It's Wapak's turn though. Nothing but looking forward and hoping to go. Already got eats staked out.

Looking at the WW-Kings game film East posted. QB can let it fly, and he does have some legs on him so I can see the Kaden Holmes (of Fremont Ross) comparisons. Fast skill guys too. TCC secondary will have a handful trying to stop that passing game. I could see them with a third safety for a sizable amount of the game. Irish need to put some good pressure on the QB, while also watching those swing/screen passes to the RB (anyone mind giving me names for these guys?).

Kings defensive line is small and fast. Reminiscent of Avon Lake to me. I will say I think our O-line is a bit more mobile than WW, but they will have to adjust to that lower pad level and speed.

Gotta stay disciplined and focused on the game in front rather than the one ahead. It'll be a fun matchup in Wapak come Black Friday.

If you get the visitors side, I would get there early and get a top seat. You almost won't to sit straight up the stairs so you have leg room. I don't know what size of crowd TCC will bring but Kings had most of the Mason visitors side full, the ends where not full. If they bring that many people then they will need the home side.

If you get the visitors side, I would get there early and get a top seat. You almost won't to sit straight up the stairs so you have leg room. I don't know what size of crowd TCC will bring but Kings had most of the Mason visitors side full, the ends where not full. If they bring that many people then they will need the home side.
lol it's Mercy Health. Built a lot of TCC's facilities. Wonder if that had anything to do with the selection?

Looking at the WW-Kings game film East posted. QB can let it fly, and he does have some legs on him so I can see the Kaden Holmes (of Fremont Ross) comparisons. Fast skill guys too. TCC secondary will have a handful trying to stop that passing game. I could see them with a third safety for a sizable amount of the game. Irish need to put some good pressure on the QB, while also watching those swing/screen passes to the RB (anyone mind giving me names for these guys?).

Kings defensive line is small and fast. Reminiscent of Avon Lake to me. I will say I think our O-line is a bit more mobile than WW, but they will have to adjust to that lower pad level and speed.

Gotta stay disciplined and focused on the game in front rather than the one ahead. It'll be a fun matchup in Wapak come Black Friday.
You watched the Winton Woods broadcast and didn’t catch the names? They’re all named This Guy.🤣 I love that guy!

13 (QB) is Will Kocher
2 (WR) is Michael Mussari
5 (WR/DB) is Jake Cameron
1 (RB) is Jay Holubetz
7 (RB/DB) is Paul Kelly
20 (DE/LB) is Hunter Jones
23 (LB) is Nick Hoying

Those are the main guys.

Great tailgate spot over by Harmon park/ shelter houses right on the banks of the Auglaize River just south of the stadium. Same river TCC is going to throw Kings into after stuffing them into a dumpster.

You watched the Winton Woods broadcast and didn’t catch the names? They’re all named This Guy.🤣 I love that guy!

13 (QB) is Will Kocher
2 (WR) is Michael Mussari
5 (WR/DB) is Jake Cameron
1 (RB) is Jay Holubetz
7 (RB/DB) is Paul Kelly
20 (DE/LB) is Hunter Jones
23 (LB) is Nick Hoying

Those are the main guys.
For Central, everything starts up front. Clark has had a great year at QB amd Edmonds is a beast at RB, but the OLine is absolutely massive; and they are all juniors. They average 276lbs. RG is 325lbs and RT is 375lbs.

For Central, everything starts up front. Clark has had a great year at QB amd Edmonds is a beast at RB, but the OLine is absolutely massive; and they are all juniors. They average 276lbs. RG is 325lbs and RT is 375lbs.

the best tactic is to place an LB over the 149lb left tackle. I'm not sure why Avon didn't catch on to that.

Do we kn

Toledo CC is home team designated by top team in bracket.

1668921150156.png

Awesome! Kings is undefeated as visitors for at least three years!

Correction: Winton Woods and Kings were both undefeated when they met in the 2020 playoffs, and apparently WW was the higher seed, so Kings is undefeated as visitors for two years…😳

Last edited: