Northwest Conference 2022

After seeing a few NWC games this year and watching WOSN replays I have some thoughts.

The top two will be fine. One of the games I saw was Bluffton/Grove and I attended the first two AE playoff games. You can't replace the OPOTY but AE has good kids. Replacing the DPOTY and those LB's won't be easy either but Grove has plenty back as well. The question is who can rise up and challenge them in 2023. Jefferson simply had a small squad and it looks like their graduation losses are going to smart next year but once they got hot they were a tough out. Teman would have been a dominant player for any school in the NWC. To me it looks like Bluffton can run and they have skill but they lack size. Someone mentioned that they had 4-5 seniors so maybe if some of those young kids grow into their bodies they could be a serious threat. Leipsic was decimated by injuries but the Schroeder kid is real good when healthy. Can he use his speed and get a little shake like Hershberger? I don't know, but if he's healthy he is a threat to be OPOTY next season. Crestview got banged up as well and I really don't know enough about them to hazard a guess. Ada at times looked like they were making progress but what they are returning I don't know. It looks like things might be dry in Spencerville for a while.
Ada returns for the most part, all the skill positions but lose a few linemen. The numbers increased from Smiths 1st year to this year so hopefully he gets that to increase again. Ada all year would be doing good things then shoot themselves in the foot with penalties or give up a big play. I personally think Smith has them on the right track.
All coaches coming back next year?

Ada returns for the most part, all the skill positions but lose a few linemen. The numbers increased from Smiths 1st year to this year so hopefully he gets that to increase again. Ada all year would be doing good things then shoot themselves in the foot with penalties or give up a big play. I personally think Smith has them on the right track.
All coaches coming back next year?
Rumor I'm hearing is Lautzenheiser is stepping down at Crestview, not sure maybe CK has more info on that.

One can only imagine the convoy community would prefer you moved back to Indiana
Technically I live in Indiana so now what? Miss my post on the poor handling of the safety of my family members as well? Thanks for helping my cause? Please tell me you're a Steelers & Bucknuts fan? You fit that mold perfectly.

Technically I live in Indiana so now what? Miss my post on the poor handling of the safety of my family members as well? Thanks for helping my cause? Please tell me you're a Steelers & Bucknuts fan? You fit that mold perfectly.
Nope saw your rant about wearing other school shirts and your stunning announcement that you didn't like how the school handled your family situation.

Nope saw your rant about wearing other school shirts and your stunning announcement that you didn't like how the school handled your family situation.
Yeah wait 3 hours to call the parents after a threat against child's safety was made and a list of others kids names and how they would be murdered with weapons. My kid was the threatened one and had been in the office for 2 to 3 hours questioned by law enforcement & school officials without any parent having knowledge. Kinda bs if you ask me, but I'm sure that's OK with you Buckeye folks.

Yeah wait 3 hours to call the parents after a threat against child's safety was made and a list of others kids names and how they would be murdered with weapons. My kid was the threatened one and had been in the office for 2 to 3 hours questioned by law enforcement & school officials without any parent having knowledge. Kinda bs if you ask me, but I'm sure that's OK with you Buckeye folks.
From the state that brought us Mike Pence.

Don't vote Republican or Democrat. Choose better than those thieves!
Gotcha.

Since I live here I was concerned that you were lumping us all together. I don't approve of young people being detained without parental notification either. I am looking forward to hearing the whole story.

Gotcha.

Since I live here I was concerned that you were lumping us all together. I don't approve of young people being detained without parental notification either. I am looking forward to hearing the whole story.
Nah it was just an insult for me. My assumption is way more to the story than a version a parent post on a football message board. Important thing is all of the kids are safe.

Nah it was just an insult for me. My assumption is way more to the story than a version a parent post on a football message board. Important thing is all of the kids are safe.
Yeah school isn't giving all the specifics as to why until Monday night. Couldn't take the time Friday to do it. Hopefully the kid who made those threats gets proper punishment and help they need. I have 2 stepdaughters that are afraid to go to school if the kid comes back. Neither have been in trouble and the one would bawl if she got a bad grade let alone this.

Great Season AE. Ran into a buzz saw this week but not too many teams can stay with the Flyers

Congrats CG on your regional title and Good Luck next week against The Flyers (I assume they will have 22/24 match up)

Holy smoke, Grove advances. Allen East was eliminated by the Flyers. Congrats on the run those teams had and are having. Throw Jefferson in there as well.

Was at the school but had other pressing issues. We shall see. Also shall see if my stepkids will still attend. Wife, her ex, and I are not thrilled with their plan of action. Not impressed to say the least.
Sounds like a real :poop: storm going on in Convoy right now

I'm starting to wonder if this incident made others look into the football incident more. Rarely do I and my wife's ex agree on things but last night we both agreed that their handling & plans going forward have a lot to be desired. Felt like they wanted to sweep it under the rug. I hit a nerve with the leadership asking the tough questions and the superintendent got pissed. I didn't let her downplay the situation. Obviously we requested the meeting as we were all concerned. It felt like the administration was in over their heads and possibly not qualified for their roles. The state also has awful requirements the school has to abide by, so I tried to be understanding in that regard, but at the end of the day, the school has the responsibility to make sure their students feel safe. None of us walked out feeling they were taking enough steps to make kids feel safer last night.

The ever-so-often heard of middle school student threatening kids. Something we unfortunately see weekly in schools across Ohio and America. I am assuming basement has some fairly deep ties to the family and extended family, as they are a long line of names from his area.

The ever-so-often heard of middle school student threatening kids. Something we unfortunately see weekly in schools across Ohio and America. I am assuming basement has some fairly deep ties to the family and extended family, as they are a long line of names from his area.
Big difference when one of your children are threatened. I don't take it lightly when you've had numerous incidents occur throughout the US and many had warning signs prior to those incidents. As I said all 4 of us parents/step parents weren't impressed with the plan of action but will give them a chance to prove themselves. We are scheduling a meeting with law enforcement to go over other options as well as their involvement in the incident. When your children are afraid to go to school when the kid comes back, that is a major issue.

Big difference when one of your children are threatened. I don't take it lightly when you've had numerous incidents occur throughout the US and many had warning signs prior to those incidents. As I said all 4 of us parents/step parents weren't impressed with the plan of action but will give them a chance to prove themselves. We are scheduling a meeting with law enforcement to go over other options as well as their involvement in the incident. When your children are afraid to go to school when the kid comes back, that is a major issue.
Have to do what you have to do. I'm sure you know the kin very well in the Wren area and have a good grasp of what you are dealing with.

Have to do what you have to do. I'm sure you know the kin very well in the Wren area and have a good grasp of what you are dealing with.
Yes, I will say people & schools are far from perfect. Just been around the communities that make up the school my entire life as well as those from other schools that neighbor Crestview. People outside the district aren't wrong about how some of the people act & behave and why they have certain views about Crestview. Having been around the youth programs for football, girls basketball, wrestling, baseball, & softball there are those I like, others I tolerate, and others I could care less to put it nicely. I don't think it would hurt to bring in new blood in the school & athletic programs at this time. Sometimes change is good.

Anyway, will the possible new coach meet the expectations of a former coach? I know one was not pleased on how things went this year and how things were handled from what I heard.

Anyway, will the possible new coach meet the expectations of a former coach? I know one was not pleased on how things went this year and how things were handled from what I heard.
If it's someone from within I don't think things will change much. IMO I think it's been the assistant coaches not having the back of the head coach that has been part of the problem. Just what I heard.