St.V-St.M 2022

I know I am being petty.....
Don't give a flying f**k-----

If I am Cistone, I put the last :56 of the Hoban game on a video loop for all the players all week.....
Great win Irish. Twinsburg maybe? Hoping for a spirited, fun, respectful lead-in to the game and another good one on the field.

Great win also tonight for our west side neighbors, the Buchtel Griffins. Took care of Northwest 31-14.
Buchtel now faces the #1 seed - Beloit West Branch.

Last edited:
Still the support feels great. Lemme reciprocate - go get'em Griffs!
I think Buchtel is gelling at the right time. So much so that I would bet West Branch is probably not crazy about the draw.

The Remarch- this game belongs at a large venue like Infocison Kent State or Massillon. However OHSAA will choose a Small undersize venue. This is the rematch possibly the last time Hoban 🖊 plays STVM ☘️ For sometime. Hoban is talented with depth restocked from their AAU Armor 🪝 U-10 through U-14 program. The Irish are lead by a talented Senior class (2023). This Holy War has some additional emphasis in this rematch.

Last edited:
I completely agree, S2S. But IIRC, hosting venues must submit a bid to the OHSAA.
There were no playoff games at InfoCision last year, so I would guess that the University of Akron is not interested in hosting games. I think that is a dumb dumb decision.
FWIW, Green has a capacity of just under 6K and Barberton is 7200.

Good article from the Fitch game from The Vindicator

Good article from the Fitch game from The Vindicator

Great article about a quality team. It's so easy to forget that these are a bunch of kids playing a game. And, for most seniors, when they have played their last high school football game, they have played their last game... Congratulations to the Falcons for a great season and for a great game. And to those seniors, you guys certainly did Austintown proud!

I would like to offer bigtime kudos to the Irish ! I never expected this quality of play, with a whole new staff coming in. The constant 4th quarter miscues all but disappeared. The kids learned how to close games. I am already excited to see what these kids will bring to the field next season. Once again, Congrats on a very successful season.

Congrats to Coach Terry Cistone on an outstanding season. Congrats to the leadership and talent of the Senior class of 2023. They will be missed. This is the official end of the Holy War. Sadly this team had talent to be a force in the D3 playoffs and had no business being in D2 🧮 !!! Hopefully STVM is back where the they belong in 2023 season. D3.

As I stated give coach Cistone and his staff props. The vast majority of the talent on this years squad are seniors. It will take a Substantial effort to restock the Hallways with competitive talent in 2023.

2023 schedule
Open
Cleveland Benedictine
Open
Massillon Perry
Harvest Prep
NDCL
Walsh Jesuit
Youngstown Ursuline
Warren Harding
Cleveland VASJ

Last edited:
As I stated give coach Cistone and his staff props. The vast majority of the talent on this years squad are seniors. It will take a Substantial effort to restock the Hallways with competitive talent in 2023.

2023 schedule
Open
Cleveland Benedictine
Open
Massillon Perry
Harvest Prep
NDCL
Walsh Jesuit
Youngstown Ursuline
Warren Harding
Cleveland VASJ
Are you sure the Benedictine game is week 2?On the Benny thread,they have it as week 10.Unless they switched it recently.