Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

I admit to being 100% biased, but I do believe that all the questioning of this season's offense would have been reduced by about 70% with a healthy JSN. They would have been like a video game. I don't like some of the play calling, get a little nervous about the trenches, but a healthy JSN and Harrison Jr. would have been ridiculous.
I agree. There would be someone wide open on every play. Especially with the way Stover has performed.

I admit to being 100% biased, but I do believe that all the questioning of this season's offense would have been reduced by about 70% with a healthy JSN. They would have been like a video game. I don't like some of the play calling, get a little nervous about the trenches, but a healthy JSN and Harrison Jr. would have been ridiculous.
JSN doesn’t play offensive line, so I disagree with your premise.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I think JSN would have spread folks out more, making the line look better. If Harrison Jr. and JSN are spread out wide or even a part of a bunch / trips formation on 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 2, I think results would have been better despite some of the problems in the trenches.

Eh. They still struggle the run game with an already insane passing game. I’m not sure those issues would have been cleared up with JSN. It would have made it less imperative to fix, IMO, but still would be an issue.

Sure, but they get bullied in the run game by any defense with a shred of manliness.

Who cares. They're 10-0. I'm over all of this, "you have to have a physical run game" nonsense for this team. In case you haven't noticed, that's not their game. Ryan Day basically said as much after the Indiana game last week. Not sure why you haven't figured this out yet. Lol.

Who cares. They're 10-0. I'm over all of this, "you have to have a physical run game" nonsense for this team. In case you haven't noticed, that's not their game. Ryan Day basically said as much after the Indiana game last week. Not sure why you haven't figured this out yet. Lol.
Good call, and I agree that Day did admit as much. This is why I really want to see them indoors, on a fast track.

Eh. They still struggle the run game with an already insane passing game. I’m not sure those issues would have been cleared up with JSN. It would have made it less imperative to fix, IMO, but still would be an issue.
OSU is 16 in rushing ypg. More rushing yards per game than Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. 2 spots lower than TCU.
OSU is 15 in passing yards per game. Tennessee is 6 and Georgia 10. Alabama is 27 and TCU is 43.

5.7 yards per carry. Better than Michigan's 5.6 average and the Golden Domers 4.3 average. Very different styles, but I still wouldn't call them "bullied" while shouting from the mountaintops about how dominant the road graders are on the OLs of those other two teams.

OSU is 16 in rushing ypg. More rushing yards per game than Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. 2 spots lower than TCU.
OSU is 15 in passing yards per game. Tennessee is 6 and Georgia 10. Alabama is 27 and TCU is 43.
Yes, and they still struggle in short yardage situation. I’m not saying it’s a glaring issue and they are a middling team because of it, but it’s an area of weakness.

5.7 yards per carry. Better than Michigan's 5.6 average and the Golden Domers 4.3 average. Very different styles, but I still wouldn't call them "bullied" while shouting from the mountaintops about how dominant the road graders are on the OLs of those other two teams.
OSU gets more big plays from the running game than other teams. Short ydg. situations OSU likes to run stretch plays, just run between the tackles and get the 1st down.

I checked out the 2nd Quarter of the UM game against Nebraska to get a feel for them and was impressed with the run blocking of their line, especially the IOL. That transfer at Center did an excellent job of making the right calls and the Guards always stayed engaged so there was little push up the middle; also did a great job of getting to the second level so Corum had lanes which he needs since he is a midget and doesn't have the great vision of a taller RB . Now when pass blocking they seemed to hold on almost every play and the Nebraska DTs got very frustrated. Will be a tough match up for the Knowles defense and the Bucks better pray for better weather then LY.

OSU gets more big plays from the running game than other teams. Short ydg. situations OSU likes to run stretch plays, just run between the tackles and get the 1st down.
Two ways to run the ball.

Line up in your normal spread and hope the o-line opens a hole, or the rb finds one. I agree, this they have some good success with. Until the field is short and the D can cheat to stop the run. They definitely struggle then.

The other is to add some beef up front and run it down the Ds throat. This I think they could do. Especially using Rossi as the runner or decoy.
It will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve in 8 days.

Yes, and they still struggle in short yardage situation. I’m not saying it’s a glaring issue and they are a middling team because of it, but it’s an area of weakness.
This.

It is easy to pick on OSU for not being perfect on every snap because they are so talented. The microscope is more focused on the Bucks for this reason.

The OSU oline is big and talented with some talented backs. This group is better than anyone else in the B10 and should not have trouble picking up a yard against Northwestern.

So ND must not have a run game or a defense with manliness.
Ohio State had one successful drive running the ball in the fourth quarter, but otherwise the Irish made the Buckeyes running game look pedestrian.

Ohio State had one successful drive running the ball in the fourth quarter, but otherwise the Irish made the Buckeyes running game look pedestrian.

So what does that say for NDs run game in that game?
ND rushed for 2.5 yards per carry. 76 total yards
OSU rushed for 4.9 yards per carry. 172 total yards

Ironically ND had a better yard per pass average than OSU. 9.8 vs 6.6, the per catch difference is even bigger.
ND rushed 30 times and attempted 18 passes. (10 for 18 for 177 yards)
OSU rushed 35 times and attempted 34 passes. (24 for 34 for 223 yards)

So what does that say for NDs run game in that game?
ND rushed for 2.5 yards per carry. 76 total yards
OSU rushed for 4.9 yards per carry. 172 total yards

Ironically ND had a better yard per pass average than OSU. 9.8 vs 6.6, the per catch difference is even bigger.
ND rushed 30 times and attempted 18 passes. (10 for 18 for 177 yards)
OSU rushed 35 times and attempted 34 passes. (24 for 34 for 223 yards)
Gee, could it be that Ohio State’s defense stuffed the box because they weren’t afraid of getting beaten by Tyler Buchner’s arm? It’s not like these components of games are played in a vacuum.

So are the Buckeyes gonna be able to push around the Turtles or nah?

Gimme Maryland +26.5 today. I think these middling Big Ten teams cause some upset alerts for a little while.

Gee, could it be that Ohio State’s defense stuffed the box because they weren’t afraid of getting beaten by Tyler Buchner’s arm? It’s not like these components of games are played in a vacuum.

OSU had 3 sacks and 6 TFLs.
ND had 1 sack and 2 TFLs.
Obviously an indicator of NDs line dominance, lol.

After all the injuries this year the last thing I want to hear is claiming "lucky" because an opposing player might be hurt for a future contest

After all the injuries this year the last thing I want to hear is claiming "lucky" because an opposing player might be hurt for a future contest
Well, if Henderson, Williams and JSN don’t play next week, I’ll call it lucky for Michigan.

But the injuries don’t matter against the usual Big Ten patsies.