Bearcats baskteball

If Miller actually does start to win at UC, he’s not sticking around. All of the UC fans saying “Wes has got this” need to pull their head out of their ***

18/26 for Xavier. Just unbelievably embarrassing. There are still UC fans claiming that it's fine because this is Xavier's super bowl. F--- off with that bullsh-t. Start taking this rivalry seriously or we'll see another 18/26 from X.
UC generally takes it seriously, at least since Huggins left. They just haven’t been a very good program for the past two decades. Stinky teams typically get beat by better teams and that’s what the past 20 years has borne out for UC. UC is an irrelevant basketball program.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The New Big 12 WILL HAVE TO PLAY KETCHUP!

Never ceases to amaze me how any team - in this case Cincy - can beat a good team - for example, Illinois - by twenty and then lose as badly to another team - in this case, Zavier.

I can’t help but laugh at the UC fans trying to justify this by claiming it’s not an important game. GTFOH. That’s such a childish response.

Yawn.....Cincinnati's football program has more final four appearances than Eggsavier's basketball program. Even when UC has real basketball players and stuff, Eggs owns us in December. Fortunately, the only thing that matters in college basketball is March....

Yawn.....Cincinnati's football program has more final four appearances than Eggsavier's basketball program. Even when UC has real basketball players and stuff, Eggs owns us in December. Fortunately, the only thing that matters in college basketball is March....
As a UC fan myself, not sure I’d make this comment given UCs performance in the month of March since 1994 (outside 2012).

X and UC are just in two different places as programs right now.

X took their lumps over the last 3 years under Steele but are now primed to be a top 25 team for the rest of this season.

Miller is in the first year of a rebuild with a roster that has more stop-gap players than cornerstone pieces.
This is the rational reaction to Saturday's game. As a UC fan, did I expect them to win? Not really. They gave us all hope with their performances against Illinois and Arkansas, but have shown massive weaknesses since then. Most of the rotation are guys that transferred in. They're not currently built to be a top 25 program. Definitely have to give Wes time. And, sure, he might leave eventually, but, with UC going to the Big 12 soon (and a top basketball conference, at that), I think the list of jobs he leaves for becomes a lot smaller.

The problem with your last sentence is that UC has not done much in March since 2000. Cronin only made one Sweet 16 in his 13 years at UC which is weak. UC only has 2 Sweet 16 appearances since 2000.

The problem with your last sentence is that UC has not done much in March since 2000. Cronin only made one Sweet 16 in his 13 years at UC which is weak. UC only has 2 Sweet 16 appearances since 2000.
Eggsactly.......March is the only thing that matters in college basketball.

Cronin was a choke artist come tournament time when he was at UC. Even when the program was able to get 4 and 5 star guys, he couldn't get it done. Should've made the Sweet 16 in 2018 when they blew that huge lead against Nevada.

21-point win last night over a Tulsa team that nearly beat Houston a few days prior.

Still a lot of basketball to be played but are we looking at a definite NIT team now?

Could this team heat up to the point of earning an NCAA bid in a weak AAC?

The regular season is over and the Bearcats finished 17-14 and 8th of 11 in the regular season AAC standings.

What do people feel are the major causes of such a poor 2nd half of the season?

Lack of talent? Lack of size/athleticism? Poor decision making? Lack of synergy in a first year system? Poor in-game coaching by Wes Miller?

Having to hodge podge a roster with a good bit of players from a lesser conference, nearly everyone adjusting to a new system, lack of talent.

I didn’t watch a lot of UC basketball this year as it’s hard to get Bearcat basketball here, but I didn’t have any problem with Wes’ in game coaching when I was able to watch. Perfect? No, but not a reason they finished in the bottom half of the league.

Just saw a list of Russian players in the NCAA. Viktor Lakhin is one of just three averaging at least 10 minutes a game. Looks like he missed one game last week for "personal reasons" but played in the last two games. The town he is from is on the Black Sea pretty close to Crimea

Just saw a list of Russian players in the NCAA. Viktor Lakhin is one of just three averaging at least 10 minutes a game. Looks like he missed one game last week for "personal reasons" but played in the last two games. The town he is from is on the Black Sea pretty close to Crimea

Lakhin is a very interesting case.

He was part of John Brannen's 2nd recruiting class and was regarded as a top 150-ish caliber recruit. He committed to UC over a number of notable other high major programs.

He sat out all of last season with an injury and then when Wes Miller replaced Brannen, a lot of people thought Lakhin wouldn't return.

He saw playing time from our very first game this season and showed a lot of skill for his size and many of us believe he has the highest ceiling on the team.

The physicality of the high major college game got to be a little much for him as the season went on, and his minutes/performances dwindled, but his recent performances have indicated that he'll be able to grow into a bigger role next season.

There may be a good chance that we lose him this offseason if this Russian conflict persists.

I’d be salty too if UC’s third option was XU’s first (it’s the only comeback vs X I have pls be nice)

Woke up early to watch the replay of Arizona-UC this morning and was definitely entertained by the high-scoring affair but still came away not too encouraged about the team's prospects going forward.

Aside from Lakhin, the interior defense was laughable.

Big opportunity tonight however against a more evenly-matched OSU team.

This better not be the product UC plans on bringing into the Big 12 or they might be looking at one of those Iowa State-type cataclysmic seasons that got Steve Prohm fired.

Getting humbled by a mid Ohio State team ain’t gonna get the job done.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …