Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

Well I think next week it will be Hayden, Johnson and Brecht carrying the rock and Leto g our starters heal.

Hayden and Johnson looked pretty good. Let’s hope Henderson and Williams can get healthy soon. 😎👍🏻
I’d love to see the Buckeyes 100% healthy when it counts 😎👍🏻
Go Buckeyes!
I appreciate the tacit admittance that most Big Ten teams don’t even count. But yes, I agree with the sentiment that I want Ohio State and Michigan as close to 100% as possible when they play.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Hayden and Johnson looked pretty good. Let’s hope Henderson and Williams can get healthy soon. 😎👍🏻
I’d love to see the Buckeyes 100% healthy when it counts 😎👍🏻
Go Buckeyes!
Just saying Hayden and Johnson give the Buckeyes a different look. Smaller backs with good quickness. Plus Johnson is a wide receiver coming out of the backfield.

What a moment for Kam Babb. Deal with significant injury after significant injury, finally gets healthy, gets on the field, first career catch is a touchdown. The way the entire team couldn’t wait to congratulate him, that’s what makes college football special.

What a moment for Kam Babb. Deal with significant injury after significant injury, finally gets healthy, gets on the field, first career catch is a touchdown. The way the entire team couldn’t wait to congratulate him, that’s what makes college football special.
Very good for the team. I'm hoping the QB breaks out of his funk. He was on such a roll. I believe the NIL money and Heisman changed him. Put pressure on him. Let it go and relax. He looks scared. Imo

Any idea how bad. I'm at the game and only saw him helped to limp off.
What I saw on the replay was, I would guess, a mild to moderate rt ankle eversion sprain/strain. Inversion ankle injuries (ankle turns in) are way more common.

I imagine he is very unhappy this morning. If it's more moderate in severity, he will be questionable for scUM. If it's milder, ice, electric stim, exercise, and taping/bracing - and he can play this week.

I appreciate the tacit admittance that most Big Ten teams don’t even count. But yes, I agree with the sentiment that I want Ohio State and Michigan as close to 100% as possible when they play.

Who said they did. Most teams in every conference "don't count".

Off topic slightly but Big 10 needs to scrap divisions and have the best 2 overall play in title game. That west every year, gracious
It's almost comical. If you didn't know better, you'd think everyone in that division is trying their best to not win the West.

Perhaps they should rename the West, "Those Who Vie To Get The Brown Beat Out of Them in Indianapolis".

I have heard they will be going divisionless in the next few years. With expansion, the idea I like best is geographic (kinda) pods -

Rutgers, MD, PSU, Sparty
OSU, Ind, Purdue, Illinois
Mich, Iowa, NW, Wisconsin
Minn, Nebraska, UCLA, USC

Something along those lines. Might would have to move a couple teams around to create better competitive balance. Play your pod plus any annual cross-pod rival that applies, and round robin the rest of the schedule. Top 2 teams play for B1G championship.

Or, and much more complicated (but funner), winners of each pod play 2 semifinal games and then those winners play for the championship, and on semifinal weekend the 4th place teams play each other, as do 3rd and 2nd place. The last day of the regular season would have to be semi-final weekend which messes with all those traditional rivalries, including The Game - which is why it won't happen. But I think that would be a hoot. The Game would be played the Saturday before Thanksgiving - where it was played for over 80 years lol - instead of the Sat after.

FWIW

Last edited:
It's almost comical. If you didn't know better, you'd think everyone in that division is trying their best to not win the West.

Balance is good. The same team every year? Not so much. Nebraska was supposed to put a big dog over there. They didn't. No teams can match the money of OSU, Mich and Penn St. It is what it is, regardless how they line the schedules.

Do we want to OSU vs UM twice every year? I don't.
It would be OK with me, but only if the regular season game were moved up into October or the beginning of November. I don’t want to see Ohio State vs Michigan two weeks in a row.

I guess it brings up a good point: How many times in the East vs West era has there been a highly anticipated Big Ten Championship Game where it felt like the West team was on equal footing with the East or at least seemed like a true threat to win?

It looks like only 2015 thru 2017 had relatively evenly matched rankings and games, although the East still won every time. 2018 through this year has been one-way traffic for the East. One way or the other, everything probably changes when USC joins the conference.

Instead of East and West, would North and South work?
North:

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Michigan
Michigan State
Iowa
Penn State
Rutgers

South:

USC
UCLA
Ohio State
Nebraska
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana
Maryland

That would at least be more even than the current divisions.

It would be OK with me, but only if the regular season game were moved up into October or the beginning of November. I don’t want to see Ohio State vs Michigan two weeks in a row.

Good point. But it still cheapens the rivalry

North:

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Michigan
Michigan State
Iowa
Penn State
Rutgers

South:

USC
UCLA
Ohio State
Nebraska
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana
Maryland

That would at least be more even than the current divisions.

Are they even talking about divisions? I was thinking that the direction was to eliminate divisions

I thought they were likely to scrap divisions. Probably have some kind of "pod" setup with a lot of rotating schedules outside of the pods.
Possible pods:

Pod 1:

USC
UCLA
Nebraska
Minnesota

Pod 2:

Penn State
Michigan State
Maryland
Rutgers

Pod 3:

Michigan
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois

Pod 4:

Ohio State
Iowa
Indiana
Purdue

I am thinking more along the two division route.
Beat Maryland.
Get healthy.
Stop playing key players when the game is out of hand. I thought Day dodged bullets last week even with Chop going down.
I agree. If needed, go with Hayden and Xavier in the backfield against Maryland. And get Chip some touches. He had some yards ay Arizona State. And no more CJ in the 4th quarter when winning by 5 TDs

Are we assuming Maryland has no chance this Saturday?

That performance against Penn St, TT's health, a bad OL, and bad defense says they don't, but Ohio St is everyone's super bowl, so I'm sure they will get their best shot. As long as Ohio St is focused on Maryland, there shouldn't be much danger.

I do like what TT can do when he is healthy and I like that RB, Hemby. He runs hard. Good practice for Blake Corum - except Blake has actual good blocking. Lol.

I admit to being 100% biased, but I do believe that all the questioning of this season's offense would have been reduced by about 70% with a healthy JSN. They would have been like a video game. I don't like some of the play calling, get a little nervous about the trenches, but a healthy JSN and Harrison Jr. would have been ridiculous.