Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason by 8-14

• Mason by >14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Every Ohio team would get drilled by the top teams in TX, CA, FL, LA. As a fan of the sport nationally they are not caliber of a team.
Have you seen the quarterbqack play in Louisiana? Have you heard of the Herbstriet Classic? The top teams from the states you mention excluding LA have been to Ohio. Texas is the softest of all of the football states and Louisiana's top teams can't beat a top 30 Texas squad. I would question anyone who thinks Louisiana football is top 5.

No. My mistake. Was responding to a comment made about Moe taking Marshall out before the game was out of reach. This Moeller team could play and beat anyone. They have a generational talent at RB. I think the GCL and top public schools from the area would hold there own against other private/public schools in these states you talk about year in and year out. Colerain played a highly ranked team from Florida a while ago at Nippert and beat them handely. Hard to tell with these games how much the travel affects the guys. The difference between Texas/Cal/Florida being that the floor of talent is much higher in these other states. A 3A school from Texas would mop the floor with a comparable small public school in Ohio. Recently watched a small Texas team and saw first hand that it was a different level of ball being played. Smaller school, less players on team, absolutely no drop in # of guys with size/speed/talent. Having spring football also probably helps with development and scheme bc guys can learn so much more; making the typical games in the fall more advanced.
I think you are confusing this Moeller team with Moeller teams from the 1970's... this Moeller team would not match up well with the top-ranked national teams from CA or FL-- IMG would not have much problem with this Moeller team. I doubt this Moeller team would fare well against Bosco or Mater Dei either-- though I have not seen those teams this year...

I HAVE seen this Moeller team struggle TWICE to beat a VERY mediocre X team-- but for a very dubious offensive pass interference call against X, the most recent game would have gone down to the wire-- and in the first game, Moeller required a 4 and 24 conversion with less than 30 seconds on the clock to win that game-- a really good team (like the ones from out of state that you are talking about) would NOT need those kind of extraordinary events to beat an X team that has gotten pummeled by really good teams this year (e.g.- Loyola of Chicago), some modestly good teams (e.g.- Elder), and even some not that great teams (e.g.- Trinity of Louisville).

Teams with better athletes than X was able to field this year (e.g.- Ed, as we saw when they shut Moeller out--and Ed is not on par, this year, with those out-of-state teams you are referencing either) will not have the same problems tackling Marshall that X displayed in the second game-- that was a clinic of bad tackling by X's defense (constantly trying to tackle Marshall around the head and shoulders, and getting shrugged off-- instead of properly tackling around the waist and legs). I don't agree that Marshall is a "generational talent"-- I will wait to see what he does in college before I agree with that statement-- but I have strong doubts about your assertion.

Who from Texas or Cali. I’m not taking about penn and NY.
Anaheim Servite California- Steve Beuerline was their QB- at Galbraith Field afternoon game, one great QB, I was there- Moe won. Forget the Texas team but I will find it. They played at Nippert and had the game ball delivered by a parachute.

Last edited:

Attachments

• B8A2B3B4-FA2E-4D4B-926B-D8DF060B0EB5.png
    B8A2B3B4-FA2E-4D4B-926B-D8DF060B0EB5.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 14
You know very little. They’ve had open enrollment for years. So has Lakota, although they limited it this year. https://www.masonohioschools.com/register-for-school/inter-district-transfer
And, as noted earlier-- the hurdles to ACTUALLY "open enrolling" at Mason are such that almost NO ONE DOES IT-- so, it would appear that there is very little to know about Mason's open enrollment-- as it really never happens very much, according to those who DO know more than a little about it.

Anaheim Servite California- Steve Beuerline was their QB- at Galbraith Field afternoon game, one great QB, I was there- Moe won. Forget the Texas team but I will find it. They played at Nippert and had the game ball delivered by a parachute.
Dallas Jesuit

Moe’s Coach talking trash to Castner started the entire issue. I was 15 feet from the entire thing and have no affiliation to either school. Castner shouldn’t have responded the way he did and Elder shouldn’t run his mouth.

And, as noted earlier-- the hurdles to ACTUALLY "open enrolling" at Mason are such that almost NO ONE DOES IT-- so, it would appear that there is very little to know about Mason's open enrollment-- as it really never happens very much, according to those who DO know more than a little about it.
Actually Mason gets Open enrolments from Lebanon and Monroe not a ton but again most are not enrolling for sports and some never step foot on the campus...

Have you seen the quarterbqack play in Louisiana? Have you heard of the Herbstriet Classic? The top teams from the states you mention excluding LA have been to Ohio. Texas is the softest of all of the football states and Louisiana's top teams can't beat a top 30 Texas squad. I would question anyone who thinks Louisiana football is top 5.
Did you say Texas is the softest football state? Has to be a typo right???

Wrong again. I provided the link for you, I already knew two students families, one 2 years ago, and another last year that used open enrollment to transfer to Mason. The first had already secured 20-30 D-1 offers as a soph and the second not nearly as talented will easily be all district this season. They both transferred to improve their athletic status/team (not football) That’s directly from their parents. Guess what? These star athletes had zero problems with open enrollment. And if a stud QB, ace pitcher, or one of the areas top strikers wanted to enroll, they would have zero problems as well. Would someone use open enrollment to play football at Mason- unlikely, not because open enrollment is hard, because Castner isn’t a good coach and has had limited success for all the resources at his disposal.

You can send any rankings you want. Its all politcal based off of stars and offers. Look at the records of teams that come to play from out of state. We have had success.
I think you are confusing this Moeller team with Moeller teams from the 1970's... this Moeller team would not match up well with the top-ranked national teams from CA or FL-- IMG would not have much problem with this Moeller team. I doubt this Moeller team would fare well against Bosco or Mater Dei either-- though I have not seen those teams this year...

I HAVE seen this Moeller team struggle TWICE to beat a VERY mediocre X team-- but for a very dubious offensive pass interference call against X, the most recent game would have gone down to the wire-- and in the first game, Moeller required a 4 and 24 conversion with less than 30 seconds on the clock to win that game-- a really good team (like the ones from out of state that you are talking about) would NOT need those kind of extraordinary events to beat an X team that has gotten pummeled by really good teams this year (e.g.- Loyola of Chicago), some modestly good teams (e.g.- Elder), and even some not that great teams (e.g.- Trinity of Louisville).

Teams with better athletes than X was able to field this year (e.g.- Ed, as we saw when they shut Moeller out--and Ed is not on par, this year, with those out-of-state teams you are referencing either) will not have the same problems tackling Marshall that X displayed in the second game-- that was a clinic of bad tackling by X's defense (constantly trying to tackle Marshall around the head and shoulders, and getting shrugged off-- instead of properly tackling around the waist and legs). I don't agree that Marshall is a "generational talent"-- I will wait to see what he does in college before I agree with that statement-- but I have strong doubts about your assertion.
I have seen Marshall play twice this year. He has been the best player on the field by far. Pretty sure he has an offer from most teams ranked in the Top 25 in the AP poll. Maybe we disagree on "generational talent" but I have a hard time remembering another running back with his skill in recent years in high school atleast which is what I was talking about. Maybe some other guys were bigger or faster but I love the way he has a nose for the endzone. Does the little things right. Great in pass protection and will do anything to help the team win. That is rare among guys of his talent level. Weird stuff happens in X vs Moe. I remember watching the 2011 game in nippert. Moe wins if they take care of the football. Thats why we play the game. I think if this Moeller team played anyone from Florida besides IMG, Moe wins based off physicality. Ohio is old school and continuously reverts to pounding the rock to win games. Other states dont do that. Colerain shoved it down peoples throats like someone mentioned above. Mater Dei and Bosco might be on another level. But i would guess itd be closer than you think.

Also... is it just me or has UC recruited the Cincinnati heavily in recent years... and have had success... versus when Tubberville went down south we sucked. Just my observations.

Moe’s Coach talking trash to Castner started the entire issue. I was 15 feet from the entire thing and have no affiliation to either school. Castner shouldn’t have responded the way he did and Elder shouldn’t run his mouth.
Just curious…you have no affiliation but you were 15 feet from them at around the 40 in the middle of the field? I saw it unfold from the stands. They shook hands and had some words while shaking hands. Elder left and went toward his team. Other coach went ballistic for about five minutes and had to be restrained.

Did you say Texas is the softest football state? Has to be a typo right???
Look at the scores of all of the Texas games against the top OOS teams. What someone said would happen to Ohio happens to Texas 90 percent of the time and all of the games are in Texas.

You can send any rankings you want. Its all politcal based off of stars and offers. Look at the records of teams that come to play from out of state. We have had success.

I have seen Marshall play twice this year. He has been the best player on the field by far. Pretty sure he has an offer from most teams ranked in the Top 25 in the AP poll. Maybe we disagree on "generational talent" but I have a hard time remembering another running back with his skill in recent years in high school atleast which is what I was talking about. Maybe some other guys were bigger or faster but I love the way he has a nose for the endzone. Does the little things right. Great in pass protection and will do anything to help the team win. That is rare among guys of his talent level. Weird stuff happens in X vs Moe. I remember watching the 2011 game in nippert. Moe wins if they take care of the football. Thats why we play the game. I think if this Moeller team played anyone from Florida besides IMG, Moe wins based off physicality. Ohio is old school and continuously reverts to pounding the rock to win games. Other states dont do that. Colerain shoved it down peoples throats like someone mentioned above. Mater Dei and Bosco might be on another level. But i would guess itd be closer than you think.
Florida plays a physical brand of football. It would be hard to out physical one of their better teams. Florida is the deepest state this year.

Just curious…you have no affiliation but you were 15 feet from them at around the 40 in the middle of the field? I saw it unfold from the stands. They shook hands and had some words while shaking hands. Elder left and went toward his team. Other coach went ballistic for about five minutes and had to be restrained.
Was wondering that myself. Apparently he’s a referee or cop. Anyone else close enough to hear verbatim would have to be affiliated with Mason.

Look at the scores of all of the Texas games against the top OOS teams. What someone said would happen to Ohio happens to Texas 90 percent of the time and all of the games are in Texas.
You make zero sense. A few Texas teams lose on ESPN and you fall Texas soft? North shore just to name one would run thru Ohio D 1 like a hot knife thru butter.

Your assessment is spot on (regarding Jordan Marshall). 4GX is a St. X fan who's head is exploding over Moeller success. We will never know about Moe would fare vs best teams in the country. It's all speculation.

You make zero sense. A few Texas teams lose on ESPN and you fall Texas soft? North shore just to name one would run thru Ohio D 1 like a hot knife thru butter.
What is North Shore's OOS record over the last 20 years? Why would North Shore run through Ohio? Has North Shore ever played an opponent that doesn't border the state of Texas? I know the answer to all of these questions by the way, as I've been on the national scene for almost 20 years now. Also North Shore is not one of the soft Texas squads.

Moellers coach was pissed because he brought the back ups in and Mason kept playing. He told Castner he should have beat them by 50. I don't know why you would expect a team to concede down 24-0 in the 3rd quarter because you are arrogant enough to not keep your foot on the gas.

Mason Schools does NOT have open enrollment. They lose lots of good athletes to the private schools each year. Good job Mason for hanging in there.

Mason Schools does NOT have open enrollment. They lose lots of good athletes to the private schools each year. Good job Mason for hanging in there.
Wrong. The link was provided by myself and another poster. Another poster and myself also have known kids to do this, albeit rare because there are hurdles to overcome, including the most obvious, availability. Here’s the link again so you can read yourself.

Wrong. The link was provided by myself and another poster. Another poster and myself also have known kids to do this, albeit rare because there are hurdles to overcome, including the most obvious, availability. Here’s the link again so you can read yourself.

I disagree.

The only outside the district students allowed to enroll at Mason are their teachers' own kids that reside outside of Mason. That's it. And, some of those teachers even have to pay tuition, and some do not (depends on their hire date).

I disagree.

The only outside the district students allowed to enroll at Mason are their teachers' own kids that reside outside of Mason. That's it. And, some of those teachers even have to pay tuition, and some do not (depends on their hire date).
Mason is an open enrollment school. As someone stated before it rarely happens bc of the hurdles imposed by the school board.

Your assessment is spot on (regarding Jordan Marshall). 4GX is a St. X fan who's [sic] head is exploding over Moeller success. We will never know about Moe would fare vs best teams in the country. It's all speculation.
Not really-- this too shall pass. The long-term trend favors X ultimately winning more often over Moeller than not. This year (with some extraordinary luck-- or officiating) favored Moeller-- but if you like the trend that has prevailed from ~1992-2022 (the last ~30 years, when X first became really good in the modern era), versus the trend that was in place from 1961-1991 (the first ~30 years of Moeller's existence), then I guess that says a lot about the quality of the mathematics training that they are offering over on Montgomery Road.