• Mason by 1-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason by 8-14

• Mason by >14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know a few Moe coaches, and have heard about our Frosh QB all year. He played very little due to injury on the lower levels. I was aware he had been practicing with the varsity for the last month. Had no idea he was going to play last night. My first reaction was, WOW. Poised, quick release, throws darts. Most importantly he looked physically mature for a 15 year old frosh. Coach Elder has a tough decision on his hand this week. Frosh is the best QB in the program right now, but this is week 14, and do you go ahead and start him, or go with Dunn and have a short leash? Moeller ability to run the ball Friday, would take a lot off our QB's (especially Frosh) and greatly increase Moe chances to win the game.
Saw him play JV this year and was blown away. I say green light for Friday.

I know a few Moe coaches, and have heard about our Frosh QB all year. He played very little due to injury on the lower levels. I was aware he had been practicing with the varsity for the last month. Had no idea he was going to play last night. My first reaction was, WOW. Poised, quick release, throws darts. Most importantly he looked physically mature for a 15 year old frosh. Coach Elder has a tough decision on his hand this week. Frosh is the best QB in the program right now, but this is week 14, and do you go ahead and start him, or go with Dunn and have a short leash? Moeller ability to run the ball Friday, would take a lot off our QB's (especially Frosh) and greatly increase Moe chances to win the game.
If Elder learned anything, he learned that his team could run the ball against the best defense in the GMC. Play the Frosh. Pound the rock. Let your D1 defensive backs do there thing and this is an easy win. The ONLY thing that could allow West to stay in the game are INT's, kick returns, scrambles for bombs. Interesting stat when looking in to West vs Mason. Mason sacked Bolden 6 times in the first half....

Confused as to what horse collar you are referring to? Watched the whole game and am an unbiased fan. Watched alot of football and this Moeller freshman will be better than Clifford if he chooses to keep playing and does not focus on Baseball. Pure arm talent, great frame, looked poised from the start. There is no doubt he is the best QB on the roster. Huge fan of Ginnetti and only meant that he is overlooked for whatever reason. IMO a Power 5 LB. Truly appreciative of his decision to serve his country and keep playing and he will no doubt have success. The play calling from Moeller did not indicate "easing up". Time after time they dialled up exactly what was needed and put themselves in great positions to score, this included throwing deep ball after deep ball. If you are averaging 6yds a carry and truly want to ease up, shove it down their throat and end the game faster with the clock winding. The score could have easily been 35-0 if they catch one post that hits the receiver in the head and a lineman does not go 10yds down field to block on a TD. Those averages are over inflated from chunk plays that had no effect on the end result of the drive. Classic bend-but-dont-break defense. Moeller fell asleep at the wheel. Poor special teams shows this. Lack of attention to details. Big difference between that and "easing up"
Fair enough- i guess “ease up” isn’t the correct term, but trying new personnel and plays is definitely a risk rather than using your bread and butter that has gotten you there. That wouldn’t have happened in a close game this why I referred to “ease up” on what got them up 21-0 quickly! Game wasn’t put away yet and made many in the stands uneasy especially after the mentioned special teams plays that went bad. They are a very good team with passionate coaches and a tremendous group of seniors- would be a shame to blow a game that truly should have easily been 30 something to nothing but am guessing they wanted to test their young QB. Moeller’s regular season schedule doesn’t give them many opportunities to do so!

Fair enough- i guess “ease up” isn’t the correct term, but trying new personnel and plays is definitely a risk rather than using your bread and butter that has gotten you there. That wouldn’t have happened in a close game this why I referred to “ease up” on what got them up 21-0 quickly! Game wasn’t put away yet and made many in the stands uneasy especially after the mentioned special teams plays that went bad. They are a very good team with passionate coaches and a tremendous group of seniors- would be a shame to blow a game that truly should have easily been 30 something to nothing but am guessing they wanted to test their young QB. Moeller’s regular season schedule doesn’t give them many opportunities to do so!
Agreed. Moe schedule is up there with the best. Would love to see them play Bosco or Mater Dei next year like X did with Clifford and Bockhorst senior year. If Marshall plays whole first half the score is atleast 35-0. At that point you pull him and try new things.

If Elder learned anything, he learned that his team could run the ball against the best defense in the GMC. Play the Frosh. Pound the rock. Let your D1 defensive backs do there thing and this is an easy win. The ONLY thing that could allow West to stay in the game are INT's, kick returns, scrambles for bombs. Interesting stat when looking in to West vs Mason. Mason sacked Bolden 6 times in the first half....

Are you telling me Mason run defense is better than West? Are you talking statistically? I find it hard to believe Mason overall D is better than West? If Moe runs the ball like they have all year, Big Moe has a great chance to move on.

Are you telling me Mason run defense is better than West? Are you talking statistically? I find it hard to believe Mason overall D is better than West? If Moe runs the ball like they have all year, Big Moe has a great chance to move on.
Think about West games against everyone. Statistically West may have better run defense by a small amount but when you are up by 30 after the first quarter I would guess most teams are not running the ball.

I saw zero college level players last night on Mason team. West has a number of them, and will definitely be a tougher defense for Moe than Mason. Comparing scores of HS games is not a great predictor of future results. LOL
Watched the Fairfield vs West game and those "college level players" did not perform as well as you would expect. Fairfield Qb got hurt and they STILL threw the ball all over the field. Krause called a great game offensively. A great defense is a great offense 🤭 When West offense slows, Moe will run it and slowly squeeze the life out of them. Once Moe goes up two scores in the 2nd quarter and stops West for the 3rd time, the game will be over unless Moe falls asleep at the wheel again.

Watched the Fairfield vs West game and those "college level players" did not perform as well as you would expect. Fairfield Qb got hurt and they STILL threw the ball all over the field. Krause called a great game offensively. A great defense is a great offense 🤭 When West offense slows, Moe will run it and slowly squeeze the life out of them. Once Moe goes up two scores in the 2nd quarter and stops West for the 3rd time, the game will be over unless Moe falls asleep at the wheel again.

Hope your right!

Didn't see what transpired or didn't want to see?
Live stream didn't catch it while I was watching, was my point. One camera on the handshake line and I turned it off as players started going through it because the game was over. So I didn't see it - only read about it here.

I don't doubt for a second there was some over-the-top behavior from the Mason coach.

Coach Castner should have also had some feel for the situation and gone to be with his team who needed him. Ok so if Elder said something that got him riled up- why did it take 5 minutes for him to get dragged off the field? He was being restrained by his coaching staff the entire time his team was shaking hands with Moeller and was still carrying on- that’s beyond ridiculous. Then his assistant coaches came down from the booth jawing at people too- one supreme tool middle aged coach yelling at Moeller fans “I got my ring”- just an epic display of immaturity.
Oh trust me Castner needs to take responsibility as well but let’s not act like this wasn’t instigated by Elder. If he doesn’t say anything none of this would have happened. I have no dog in the fight but this wasn’t one sided.

I can’t wait for the Moe West game. I have no idea who is going to win but I was impressed by West. Their D is nasty, sometimes to nasty. If the officials let their DBs get away with the holding and grabbing it will help West significantly. I also believe there will be a ton of late penalty flags as both teams like to push the envelope and talk a lot of trash. Should be fun and definitely the two best teams in Region 4.

Oh trust me Castner needs to take responsibility as well but let’s not act like this wasn’t instigated by Elder. If he doesn’t say anything none of this would have happened. I have no dog in the fight but this wasn’t one sided.
I have no idea who instigated or who said what - I wasn’t standing next to them, were you? And no matter what was said he is supposed to be a grown man who leads teenagers- trying to start a physical fight over words and having to be restrained for about 5 minutes is pathetic

Agreed. Moe schedule is up there with the best. Would love to see them play Bosco or Mater Dei next year like X did with Clifford and Bockhorst senior year. If Marshall plays whole first half the score is atleast 35-0. At that point you pull him and try new things.
Every Ohio team would get drilled by the top teams in TX, CA, FL, LA. As a fan of the sport nationally they are not caliber of a team.

Are you trying to say that THIS Moeller team would be leading Bosco or Mater Dei 35-0 at the half-- or trailing?

Mason has huge numbers, great demographics, open enrollment, incredible facilities, tons of resources and all of that is negated by Castner. No high school coach does LESS with more than Brian Castner. In addition to being a poor coach, his post game antics indicate he’s an awful person as well.
I HIGHLY doubt that Mason has open enrollment for their school district-- NO top-shelf academic public school district (that I know of) is open enrollment-- where did you get THAT factoid?

Are you trying to say that THIS Moeller team would be leading Bosco or Mater Dei 35-0 at the half-- or trailing?
I don’t know about LA. NOLA Catholic is on par with GCL/ED/Hoban IMO. Maybe sub GA for LA.
Every Ohio team would get drilled by the top teams in TX, CA, FL, LA. As a fan of the sport nationally they are not caliber of a team.
No. My mistake. Was responding to a comment made about Moe taking Marshall out before the game was out of reach. This Moeller team could play and beat anyone. They have a generational talent at RB. I think the GCL and top public schools from the area would hold there own against other private/public schools in these states you talk about year in and year out. Colerain played a highly ranked team from Florida a while ago at Nippert and beat them handely. Hard to tell with these games how much the travel affects the guys. The difference between Texas/Cal/Florida being that the floor of talent is much higher in these other states. A 3A school from Texas would mop the floor with a comparable small public school in Ohio. Recently watched a small Texas team and saw first hand that it was a different level of ball being played. Smaller school, less players on team, absolutely no drop in # of guys with size/speed/talent. Having spring football also probably helps with development and scheme bc guys can learn so much more; making the typical games in the fall more advanced.

Interesting story in the Cincinnati Enquirer;
"We subbed and I thought that when we subbed they might call off the dogs from trying to score late to make it look prettier than it was,' Moeller coach Mark Elder said. 'We lightened up too early. We subbed a lot of guys pretty early in the game, probably too early. I’ve got to make sure we’re securing the victory a little better. I’ve got to do a better job with that stuff.'"

I don't think Mason was trying to "make it look prettier than it was", they were trying to win the game.

LA is a top 5 HS Football State.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016