Region 4 Championship: Archbishop Moeller (12-1) vs Lakota West (13-0)

Who wins

• Moeller by 17+

• Moeller by 8-16

• Moeller by 1-7

• West by 1-7

• West by 8-16

• West by 17+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wildcat13

This game will be talked about a lot throughout the week. A battle of two heavyweights! Who wins this game to get to the final four?

Moeller pulled a lot of their starters early, hard to judge by the final score.

If LW can slow down Moeller's running game it could be an epic battle. But if Marshal has a big night I don't see Moeller losing because LW offense is just okay. Bolden can be really inconsistent at times but I would say if he has a good night LW could be tough to beat

QB - edge LW
RB - significant edge Moeller
TE - edge Moeller
WR - edge LW (they have more dudes)
OL - edge LW
DL - even
LB - even
DB - significant edge LW
Special Teams - edge LW (place kicker is really good)
Coaching - slight edge LW mainly due to experience in big games but Elder is proven he knows how to get his team ready

I like Lakota West winning 20-16 in a really close defensive battle

Moeller pulled a lot of their starters early, hard to judge by the final score.

If LW can slow down Moeller's running game it could be an epic battle. But if Marshal has a big night I don't see Moeller losing because LW offense is just okay. Bolden can be really inconsistent at times but I would say if he has a good night LW could be tough to beat
Agree. When Mitch is off, the offense is pretty meh. If he plays well, then they should be in a position to win.

8/25/2000 Moeller 10-7 OT
11/6/2004 Moeller 38-7 (Regional Quarters)
8/25/2006 Lakota West 13-12 (Crosstown Showdown)
8/27/2016 Moeller 47-14 (Crosstown Showdown)
11/19/2021 Moeller 21-17 (Regional Final)

I wasn't that high on Springfield earlier in the season but think Douglas has them going in the right direction. They haven't really played anyone so the State Semis will be by far their toughest game of the season. Honestly R2 and R3 are terrible overall. Just not a lot of good football teams. The fact Olentangy Liberty is in the Regional Final speaks volumes of how bad the Region is and Springfield will kill them. But there is also an advantage to playing bad football teams every week, you get to rest your starters and keep everyone relatively healthy. Whoever comes out of the LW/Moeller game is going to be a bit bruised and Springfield will probably pretty fresh as their 8th graders will be playing most of the second half against Liberty.

I wasn't that high on Springfield earlier in the season but think Douglas has them going in the right direction. They haven't really played anyone so the State Semis will be by far their toughest game of the season. Honestly R2 and R3 are terrible overall. Just not a lot of good football teams. The fact Olentangy Liberty is in the Regional Final speaks volumes of how bad the Region is and Springfield will kill them. But there is also an advantage to playing bad football teams every week, you get to rest your starters and keep everyone relatively healthy. Whoever comes out of the LW/Moeller game is going to be a bit bruised and Springfield will probably pretty fresh as their 8th graders will be playing most of the second half against Liberty.
Well said
Moe. And LW each would present a unique set of problems for SHS
I see Moe or LW in state finals

I think this is Lakota West's year. They got a seasoned 4 year starter at QB, a shut down secondary, some speed on offense to get yards outside the box, and the lines are a lot better than I was expecting.

Sorry Moeller fans, I have to go with Lakota West 24 Moeller 21.

According to FourthandOne's logic, I will go with Moeller. Starters played maybe a quarter or so in last three games. IMO Would be helpful to get to the running clock or in the first half, be up by at least 30 before we start subbing out. LW may have beaten Mason 37-7, but last night was name your score if the starters were kept in. Mason only had 40yds and 1 first down on 6 drives against Moeller's starting D.

According to FourthandOne's logic, I will go with Moeller. Starters played maybe a quarter or so in last three games. IMO Would be helpful to get to the running clock or in the first half, be up by at least 30 before we start subbing out. LW may have beaten Mason 37-7, but last night was name your score if the starters were kept in. Mason only had 40yds and 1 first down on 6 drives against Moeller's starting D.

Well, they had less than 100 yards against west for 4 quarters, so sounds a bit like a wash.