Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

Looking like sloppy weather. That is somewhat concerning. I don't think they'll cover. Get the job done and stay healthy.
Good guys: 33
Tom Allen stroke outs: 13

Looking like sloppy weather. That is somewhat concerning. I don't think they'll cover. Get the job done and stay healthy.
I’d look at the weather as a blessing. These games are glorified scrimmages in preparation for Michigan, after all.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Oh, I think the offense is going to do whatever they want today. Stroud 5-6 TDs and 400+ yards. But I've been horribly wrong before - which is why I have never bet on sports once. But, with nothing of value on the line, last week's issues with low output and the Heisman race makes me think they are going to be hitting on all cylinders.

On a similar note, I think this obsession with "toughness and running game" needs to go away. Not the running game - but maybe more of a gap scheme and more pulls. But I'm hoping to see Day accept that this should be a "pass to set up the run" team. I think his resistance to doing that has resulted in some of the clunky play calling.

It's 3rd and 2. What do you have the most confidence in? A handoff to whichever RB is healthy or a slant to 18? If you throw the ball to 18, you get the first down and good things happen - including, eventually later you hand the ball off to the RB and they get the first down easily - because the defense knows the ball is going to 18. FWIW

Day should stop trying to invent the wheel. He has, possibly, the best throwing QB in OSU history and, possibly, the best receiving corps ever at OSU. Maybe accept and play to your strengths.

Oh, I think the offense is going to do whatever they want today. Stroud 5-6 TDs and 400+ yards. But I've been horribly wrong before - which is why I have never bet on sports once. But, with nothing of value on the line, last week's issues with low output and the Heisman race makes me think they are going to be hitting on all cylinders.

On a similar note, I think this obsession with "toughness and running game" needs to go away. Not the running game - but maybe more of a gap scheme and more pulls. But I'm hoping to see Day accept that this should be a "pass to set up the run" team. I think his resistance to doing that has resulted in some of the clunky play calling.

It's 3rd and 2. What do you have the most confidence in? A handoff to whichever RB is healthy or a slant to 18? If you throw the ball to 18, you get the first down and good things happen - including, eventually later you hand the ball off to the RB and they get the first down easily - because the defense knows the ball is going to 18. FWIW

Day should stop trying to invent the wheel. He has, possibly, the best throwing QB in OSU history and, possibly, the best receiving corps ever at OSU. Maybe accept and play to your strengths.
I hope so.
Agree with everything.
Do you think the coaches rely a bit too much on the scouting report and game plan? They seem to be more intent on running plays that don’t have success rather than making the opposing D stop what IS working. Second halves are usually better.
A bit puzzling, but just win baby!
Go Bucks!

Assuming the weather in Columbus is similar to that in Cincy, I’d have to go Indiana +40.5.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I hope so.
Agree with everything.
Do you think the coaches rely a bit too much on the scouting report and game plan? They seem to be more intent on running plays that don’t have success rather than making the opposing D stop what IS working. Second halves are usually better.
A bit puzzling, but just win baby!
Go Bucks!
You never know all the things that are going on in a program. They always know more than we can know. Heck, they know everything. I always assume the coaches are smart and know 20 times more about their situation than I do.

But Day has made it clear that the criticism that came from the last 2 games last year got to him. He wanted to address the not tough and can't run the ball charges.

But let's take a breath here. I played CFB. There isn't anyone who steps on that field that isn't tough (kickers excepted, but some of them are tough too!)

I think Day is addressing the criticism to the wrong side of the ball. I think it applied way more to the DEFENSE - who gave up dang near 600 yards rushing to scUM and Utah. But let's remember, they beat Utah - mainly because Stroud and JSN had a historic day in the PASSING GAME.

Yes, you do have to run the ball and be competent doing it. But Ohio St has the best passer and catchers combo they have ever had - and they are running the ball significantly more than they are passing it! It is intentionally going away from what you are best at!

I'm looking forward to seeing how they play call today. It's game 10. If you haven't perfected your running game at this point, you aren't likely to do it this late - Trey Sermon's heroics aside. That wasn't normal.

Throw the ball, run less - until you are way ahead and then end the game running the ball. But, what do I know? Lol

Late arriving crowd today and possibly early leaving. Open endzone is only about 20% there. Hoping the students come back for the blowout.

Endzone stands

Attachments

• 20221112_135740.jpg
    20221112_135740.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 24
Late arriving crowd today and possibly early leaving. Open endzone is only about 20% there. Hoping the students come back for the blowout.
Announced attendance is 103,888. From the looks of the stands, must have been a large number that left early.