Ohio sues Dollar General

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The lawsuit, filed in Butler County, claims the retailer violated Ohio’s consumer protection laws.

The Ohio Department of Agriculture allows stores to have up to a 2% error rate on overcharges, but according to Yost, 20 Dollar General stores in Butler County had an error rate ranging from 16.7% to 88.2%, based on testing done by the Butler Department of Weights and Measures.

DG is always the most atrocious shopping experience I have. My goodness those places are awful. Junk everywhere.....can guarentee part of one row is always blocked.

They freaking try to sell everything possible. Get rid of 20% of your lowest performing items and clean up your freaking stores! And that stupid bell, squeeky toy at the registers when you ar ready to check out because they are stocking shelves or whatever and not at the register.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate going there, but sometimes it is a necesssity. At least now they have a self checkout and most of the losers that shop there are too dumb to use it and I can get out quickly!

Undercover boss show needs to partake and see just how pathetic their stores are.

Never stepped foot in one. Wal Mart either. Plan to keep it that way.
Dollar General is the new small town general store.

There's a Dollar General on the corner of Rts. 6 & 23 in Wood County. 12 miles from Bowling Green or Fostoria, 16 miles from Fremont. It fills a need.

I’ve shopped in Dollar General or the equivalent on occasions when I needed a spatula, cheap wrapping paper, boxes..it’s been a while but it comes in handy in a pinch.

How about false advertising. Dollar General and Family Dollar...ain't nothing in there a dollar.

Dollar Tree is the only one actually living up to the name.

you a amazon tpe guy?
1667910215900.png

Not for me but go ahead.

It's really rich ( no pun intended ) that people are complaining about a dollar store. I'd say a 2% overcharge rate is way too strict. Think about it folks, most of these stores are WAY understaffed. They are lucky to have enough staff to open their doors daily. Why is this, you ask?? Well, our federal and state leaders have decided that people must be paid $15 an hour, so these places can't staff people. Guess who has to price and tag items in stores like this...the staff.
So now we're going to call a company on the carpet who puts stores in smaller communities and it's a huge help to those smaller communiites. Not everyone is 10 minutes from a WalMart.
I actually call Dollar Generals mini WalMarts. It's incredible how much product they can pack into those stores.
I just shake my head at how people perceive things.

It's really rich ( no pun intended ) that people are complaining about a dollar store. I'd say a 2% overcharge rate is way too strict. Think about it folks, most of these stores are WAY understaffed. They are lucky to have enough staff to open their doors daily. Why is this, you ask?? Well, our federal and state leaders have decided that people must be paid $15 an hour, so these places can't staff people. Guess who has to price and tag items in stores like this...the staff.
So now we're going to call a company on the carpet who puts stores in smaller communities and it's a huge help to those smaller communiites. Not everyone is 10 minutes from a WalMart.
I actually call Dollar Generals mini WalMarts. It's incredible how much product they can pack into those stores.
I just shake my head at how people perceive things.
Dollar General's model was built long before minimum wage being seriously considered for a raise.

Dollar General's model was built long before minimum wage being seriously considered for a raise.
My point is when you have a business model, and it's based on items costing a certain amount, when you artificially make the company pay more for labor, that additional cost is going to have to be made up somewhere. Are they doing it intentionally, I'd say likely not. Most retailers are barely able to keep their doors open due to staffing shortages.

This is a problem a lot of retailers are dealing with.

The way it works for a price change is that the warehouse/corporate sends out a batch file of price changes weekly that are downloaded to the stores register/computer system. Those changes are instant. The staff then has to manually change the posted prices (known as tags).
Pre-Covid there might have been 100 prices changes a week depending on how many items went on or off sale that week. That may take a couple hours to change everything in the store. One employee could handle that quite easily in a DG. Since Covid things have changed. A store may receive 8000 price changes in a week while seeing sales volume increase by 30% and staffing reduced by half or more.

More products to stock and ring up. More tags to change. Less staff to do it with.

And that's how DG got into this mess.

DG is always the most atrocious shopping experience I have. My goodness those places are awful. Junk everywhere.....can guarentee part of one row is always blocked.

They freaking try to sell everything possible. Get rid of 20% of your lowest performing items and clean up your freaking stores! And that stupid bell, squeeky toy at the registers when you ar ready to check out because they are stocking shelves or whatever and not at the register.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate going there, but sometimes it is a necesssity. At least now they have a self checkout and most of the losers that shop there are too dumb to use it and I can get out quickly!

Undercover boss show needs to partake and see just how pathetic their stores are.
The Dollar General I frequent has two registers and converted one of them to self-checkout about 6 months ago. Yet, people would rather sometimes stand three deep at the regular register before they'd ever use it.

The Dollar General I frequent has two registers and converted one of them to self-checkout about 6 months ago. Yet, people would rather sometimes stand three deep at the regular register before they'd ever use it.
Same. Probably because the intelligence of the normal DG general is unable to use the self checkouts i suppose

Gonna need a cashier anyways when the price is wrong.