Week 13 #13 Buchtel vs #1 West Branch Div IV Region 13

West Branch hasn't see a team this season that will pose the problems for them that Buchtel will! During the preseason div4 polls Buchtel was ranked in the top 10! So for everyone to make the Griffins underdogs better wake up!
No one believes Buchtel isn’t a good team that cannot play with West Branch. They were the one team in the region that I didn’t want to face in the first round, because I understand how dangerous they can be. Give West Branch a little bit of credit though. We are good team with a great QB. This game comes down to turnovers and stops. (don’t they all really). This game will be likely be high scoring. WB has a few injury concerns that could be a factor as well. We’ll see as the week goes on. Is it Saturday yet?

No one believes Buchtel isn’t a good team that cannot play with West Branch. They were the one team in the region that I didn’t want to face in the first round, because I understand how dangerous they can be. Give West Branch a little bit of credit though. We are good team with a great QB. This game comes down to turnovers and stops. (don’t they all really). This game will be likely be high scoring. WB has a few injury concerns that could be a factor as well. We’ll see as the week goes on. Is it Saturday yet?
No can't wait for Saturday what wrong with dru

I think what gets overlooked in West Branch's offense is the great scheme the Warriors operate from. Head coach Tim Cooper loves the Air Raid offense and has the perfect QB and receivers to run it. They also have a running back that has rushed for over 1,000 yards, to give them perfect offensive balance. Cooper's version of the Air Raid offense is unique. That's why, next to Western Brown High School, West Branch has the second longest offensive streak in Ohio (all divisions) of scoring over 30 points per game. I believe that mark is now at 13 straight games.

I think what gets overlooked in West Branch's offense is the great scheme the Warriors operate from. Head coach Tim Cooper loves the Air Raid offense and has the perfect QB and receivers to run it. They also have a running back that has rushed for over 1,000 yards, to give them perfect offensive balance. Cooper's version of the Air Raid offense is unique. That's why, next to Western Brown High School, West Branch has the second longest offensive streak in Ohio (all divisions) of scoring over 30 points per game. I believe that mark is now at 13 straight games.
His scheme is very very good. He changed out of probably half the plays last week to a better play. He’s a good one

Tale of the tape for West Branch vs. Buchtel: Offensively, West Branch averages 46.4 points-per-game, Buchtel averages 21.6 points-per-game. Defensively, West Branch is giving up 21.25 points-per-game and Buchtel is giving up 16 points-per-game. According to Fantastic 50, West Branch has played the 23rd strongest schedule of 105 Ohio schools playing D4 football. Buchtel has played the 21st toughest schedule of 105 D4 Ohio football schools. The two teams have one common opponent, that being Woodridge. West Branch beat Woodridge, 43-13, Buchtel defeated Woodridge, 24-21.

I wouldn't want to see that at all Glenville would beat the 💩out of WB lol
If WB is fortunate enough to make it that far, by all means , please don’t watch. I for one will be rooting for Massillon to win their 1st championship on the field. It is an incredible feeling.

Last edited:
If WB is fortunate enough to make it that far, by all means , please don’t watch. I for one will be rooting for Massillon to win their 1st championship on the field. It is an incredible feeling.
I bet it is but when the hell was thenlast time WB won a state championship? 😂😂 Y'all be getting butt hurt I'm not talking 💩 about WB but they wouldn't beat Glenville. And please don't get me started on WB I'm not trying to hijack y'all thread with bs let's just talk about the game 😂

I bet it is but when the hell was thenlast time WB won a state championship? 😂😂 Y'all be getting butt hurt I'm not talking 💩 about WB but they wouldn't beat Glenville. And please don't get me started on WB I'm not trying to hijack y'all thread with bs let's just talk about the game 😂
I just want someone to knock off the east cleveland all stars. Hopefully someone does.

I just want someone to knock off the east cleveland all stars. Hopefully someone does.
Bro you do realize a lot of players that went to Glenville this year was at Glenville in years past. They only left the COVID season because some teams in Cleveland didn't play. I don't understand the hate towards them . When you're consistently putting kids in college kids are going to want to play for you period bro

I am not from WB, I am not "butt hurt" - classless comment by the way. From a football standpoint, IMO I think WB will have to play almost mistake free offensive football and score a lot of points to get out of the region, which so far they have but Butchtel will be a challenge for them. WBs defense is average and will give up a lot of points so they have out score opponents. I also think Glenville will win it all and will probably not have game closer than 3 scores.

I think the last state championship WB won was in the mid 90s. when was the last one Massillon won?

Bro you do realize a lot of players that went to Glenville this year was at Glenville in years past. They only left the COVID season because some teams in Cleveland didn't play. I don't understand the hate towards them . When you're consistently putting kids in college kids are going to want to play for you period bro
Glenville has a great program and Ginn produced some big time players and is an incredible man.

I know the WB defense certainly isn’t the strongest but they do get somewhat of a bad rap sometimes. When you consider the Warriors score a lot and quickly , the defense is being sent out there repeatedly sometimes with little rest. WB kicked off NINE times and had a rare interception against a pretty potent Struther’s offense. That’s TEN possessions for the Cats. With an offense like WB has, a couple of stops can usually win the game and they had 5.

I am not from WB, I am not "butt hurt" - classless comment by the way. From a football standpoint, IMO I think WB will have to play almost mistake free offensive football and score a lot of points to get out of the region, which so far they have but Butchtel will be a challenge for them. WBs defense is average and will give up a lot of points so they have out score opponents. I also think Glenville will win it all and will probably not have game closer than 3 scores.

I think the last state championship WB won was in the mid 90s. when was the last one Massillon won?
West Branch 1994, I believe

I know the WB defense certainly isn’t the strongest but they do get somewhat of a bad rap sometimes. When you consider the Warriors score a lot and quickly , the defense is being sent out there repeatedly sometimes with little rest. WB kicked off NINE times and had a rare interception against a pretty potent Struther’s offense. That’s TEN possessions for the Cats. With an offense like WB has, a couple of stops can usually win the game and they had 5.
Makes sense. Do you think if they get in an old fashioned low scoring defensive game that WB can win if on defense?? Not saying that it will happen with that offense

Bro, you realize that a bunch of them played at Euclid or Ed's last year in 2021, why didn't they come back after 2020?

I understand the college thing, but when you are able to draw from an area with that many school age kids compared to almost everyone else in d4 let alone their region, they should have the talent to win it all.

Reactions: y2h
Evidently, prior to 1972 (first year of the playoffs), those football games were played in parking lots?🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Makes sense. Do you think if they get in an old fashioned low scoring defensive game that WB can win if on defense?? Not saying that it will happen with that offense
No , WB’s weekly goal will be to outscore teams. Definitely don’t want to get into a defensive battle. WB goes as the offense goes.

Evidently, prior to 1972 (first year of the playoffs), those football games were played in parking lots?🤷🏻‍♂️🤔
Certainly not getting into that debate about that. There’s probably 5 threads on it already. Somebody with a junior high mentality came on and threw some mud for no reason. I respectfully threw some back . End of story.

One of my favorite football documentaries was the one about the McKinley - Massillon rivalry that came out a few years ago. Nobody can argue the rich history of both schools. The Massillon tradition is historic. I actually used to go to a game or 2 every year and really enjoy the Massillon atmosphere. However, since the birth of computer rankings and playoff the Tigers have not won a thing. They do have a shot this year if they can get past Hoban or Winton Woods or Highland. I am actually pulling for the Tigers this year- expect for if they have a match up with Lake.. Beating St Eds this year and hanging with Moeller makes me think they have a really good shot this year.. Wish them luck..

Last edited:
No , WB’s weekly goal will be to outscore teams. Definitely don’t want to get into a defensive battle. WB goes as the offense goes.
That plan has worked well the last 3 years. I remember playing the great WB teams in the 90s and they had a great offense but their defense was something else too!

Tale of the tape for West Branch vs. Buchtel: Offensively, West Branch averages 46.4 points-per-game, Buchtel averages 21.6 points-per-game. Defensively, West Branch is giving up 21.25 points-per-game and Buchtel is giving up 16 points-per-game. According to Fantastic 50, West Branch has played the 23rd strongest schedule of 105 Ohio schools playing D4 football. Buchtel has played the 21st toughest schedule of 105 D4 Ohio football schools. The two teams have one common opponent, that being Woodridge. West Branch beat Woodridge, 43-13, Buchtel defeated Woodridge, 24-21.
Looks like my Griff's have their work cut out for them. Hope they have a concentrated disciplined week of school and practice, because they have some serious chopping to do this weekend!