Sidney coach resigns

Who are potential replacements for this position. He was a good coach. I think Sidney should go with a young and dynamic coach to attract the kids. Best of luck to them.

Sidney will miss having Adam as its coach. Good for him, though!
Adam is a good person but certain players did whatever they want. Lack of discipline and lack of adjustments during the game is what always made me frustrated with his coaching. I think he was the track coach as well. I wonder if he resigned all his coaching positions.

Adam is a good person but certain players did whatever they want. Lack of discipline and lack of adjustments during the game is what always made me frustrated with his coaching. I think he was the track coach as well. I wonder if he resigned all his coaching positions.
Only resigned as football coach. Still teaching and coaching the girls track team.

He did not, will continue to be girls track coach

All I want is a coach that will straighten some of the attitudes the players have. If you come to the sidelines and throw your helmet, you go to the locker room.
That would be good to see, everyone wanted wince Morris a few years ago hopefully he might be interested. He does have a good gig as an assistant at New Bremen though

That would be good to see, everyone wanted wince Morris a few years ago hopefully he might be interested. He does have a good gig as an assistant at New Bremen though
I don't know about everyone. From my understanding it was only a very small portion of very loud people, but I'm not around the area anymore so maybe I heard wrong. I can tell you if I was doing the hiring, I wouldn't hire him after acting like a child when he was let go. I'll take my chances with an adult in charge.

Did anyone internally express interest? I'm not sure there is really anyone on staff besides the offensive coordinator (who I think was the defensive coordinator before this year?) that is qualified. I believe its best to go outside for this hire. Get a new voice and hopefully take the program to the next level.

Saw on twitter that the job was posted last night, any guesses on who will be interested? Any local assistants that should get consideration?

I don't know about everyone. From my understanding it was only a very small portion of very loud people, but I'm not around the area anymore so maybe I heard wrong. I can tell you if I was doing the hiring, I wouldn't hire him after acting like a child when he was let go. I'll take my chances with an adult in charge.

Did anyone internally express interest? I'm not sure there is really anyone on staff besides the offensive coordinator (who I think was the defensive coordinator before this year?) that is qualified. I believe its best to go outside for this hire. Get a new voice and hopefully take the program to the next level.

Saw on twitter that the job was posted last night, any guesses on who will be interested? Any local assistants that should get consideration?
I would prefer that they look outside of the current staff for someone. Other than the Bowser/Gordon years, this staff hasn't really done much. Not saying it couldn't have been worse, because it definitely could have been but I think it could have been much better as well.

Zero idea if either are interested, pure speculation on my part:

Tyler Wright
Spencer Wells

Wright has been finalist for a couple of jobs I believe, including his alma mater Troy when Gress was hired. Went to Butler, now an assistant at Anna. Could be an opportunity to finally lead a program himself, stay in area and get back to coaching in MVL (believe he still teaches in Troy). His offenses usually have done well, including one year Butler came to Sidney and killed them (2019, Butler hasn't beat Sidney since). Sidney should have the athletes and playmakers he's used to coaching.

Wells is a potential candidate if he wants to keep moving up the latter. In this case I would bet he'd use it as a springboard and move on to a big D1 after a few years. But maybe he's happy at Loramie, or maybe he wants to get back to WBL as a move upwards, not into Dayton area.

If they stay on current staff, then yes, Coleman's the man.

I was told by a source that the AD was giving the internal staff a week to apply. If no one did then it would go external. I would think if its posted, that means its going external. I think everyone needs to go. I didn't mind Coleman as a coach. I just think they need a complete reset.

Good coach that has turned struggling programs around. (Had Bradford talking playoffs for the first time ever). Time has shown he was not the problem at Vandalia. Every coach after him has failed so it’s not coaching that is the problem. Whiny parents and weak minded kids have poisoned that well. I think Sidney being a hard nosed blue collar football city would be a great fit for Hyatt. Worth a call.

Zero idea if either are interested, pure speculation on my part:

Tyler Wright
Spencer Wells

Wright has been finalist for a couple of jobs I believe, including his alma mater Troy when Gress was hired. Went to Butler, now an assistant at Anna. Could be an opportunity to finally lead a program himself, stay in area and get back to coaching in MVL (believe he still teaches in Troy). His offenses usually have done well, including one year Butler came to Sidney and killed them (2019, Butler hasn't beat Sidney since). Sidney should have the athletes and playmakers he's used to coaching.

Wells is a potential candidate if he wants to keep moving up the latter. In this case I would bet he'd use it as a springboard and move on to a big D1 after a few years. But maybe he's happy at Loramie, or maybe he wants to get back to WBL as a move upwards, not into Dayton area.

If they stay on current staff, then yes, Coleman's the man.
Stokes from Coffman, he doesn’t live too far away and he really doesn’t like Dublin for some reason. I am guessing he will leave at some point and this may be a good spot for it.

Good coach that has turned struggling programs around. (Had Bradford talking playoffs for the first time ever). Time has shown he was not the problem at Vandalia. Every coach after him has failed so it’s not coaching that is the problem. Whiny parents and weak minded kids have poisoned that well. I think Sidney being a hard nosed blue collar football city would be a great fit for Hyatt. Worth a call.
LOL! Just everything about that post. From once again incorrectly claiming Bradford wasn't good before he got there (went 8-2 and made playoffs in 2012, literally right before he got there), to calling Cates a failure already, to calling kids weak-minded. Just... LOL!

You live in a different world when it comes to Hyatt.

Stokes from Coffman, he doesn’t live too far away and he really doesn’t like Dublin for some reason. I am guessing he will leave at some point and this may be a good spot for it.
Stokes leaves burned bridges everywhere he goes. I don't think he's good fit for Sidney.

LOL! Just everything about that post. From once again incorrectly claiming Bradford wasn't good before he got there (went 8-2 and made playoffs in 2012, literally right before he got there, and also had made playoffs in 80s), to calling Cates a failure already, to calling kids weak-minded. Just... LOL!

You live in a different world when it comes to Hyatt.
I like Cates he’s a great person, great coach and I would even consider him a friend. He is not the problem just like Johnny wasn’t the problem and Nathan wasn’t the problem. No coach can win in Vandalia when it comes to football these days. If it’s not the parents and kids what is it? This could be its own post because I don’t want to get away from the topic at hand which is Sidney’s next coach.

He would surprise me, because I'm fairly certain his application would be tossed in trash can by admin, with how he left and what went down in 2017.

Also, does he even want to be an HC? Has he ever applied anywhere?
did the entire board of education share their extreme disappointment that he was leaving when they accepted his resignation?

He would surprise me, because I'm fairly certain his application would be tossed in trash can by admin, with how he left and what went down in 2017.

Also, does he even want to be an HC? Has he ever applied anywhere?
Curious what happened with Wince at Sidney? Seems to do a good job at NB and is well liked.

Stokes leaves burned bridges everywhere he goes. I don't think he's good fit for Sidney.
I think Sidney would be crazy to not entertain it if he would be interested. I don’t think he burnt bridges at Urbana or Minster and the Coffman situation is just not a great fit for either party in my opinion and don’t think he is burning bridges there either.

If I’m Sidney I’m calling Tipp’s OC Craig Syphrit just for the heck of it. Not sure what kind of aspirations he has but he is well regarded at Tipp and has led Tipp’s offense into the 21st century and turned Tipp into a potent spread/rpo team.

If I’m Sidney I’m calling Tipp’s OC Craig Syphrit just for the heck of it. Not sure what kind of aspirations he has but he is well regarded at Tipp and has led Tipp’s offense into the 21st century and turned Tipp into a potent spread/rpo team.
The success is hard to argue with.

Curious what happened with Wince at Sidney? Seems to do a good job at NB and is well liked.
Doenges was threatened by Morris cause a lot of boosters was calling for Morris to be the next coach so doenges fired him, Morris then went to school board and about improper termination or something I don’t 100% remember. He was well respected by alot players when here and he has great knowledge of the game so I would hope they would at least interview if he’s interested