General NFL Chat

I actually listen to the Titans games on the radio feed and enjoy that as well. I know the networks think they are getting ahead of the game with streaming but many of the younger viewers are not loyal. They'll jump for the next cheapest thing. TV has got GREAT audiences the last 10 years because of the availability of all games, not just a few and now they are fracturing the market again.
I am a RedZone guy. Few years ago they cable added that for me and now Sunday's are......7 hours of commercial free football!
Absolutely love it and find it difficult to watch traditional telecasts now with the dead time in between plays and commercialsl

I refuse to partake in this game the NFL is playing in putting games on pay platforms.
Can I afford it? Duh. It's the principle of it.
Idiots keep subscibinf and watching these and you just promote them to keep on doing it.
Told the kids that I took a stand on principle and wont purchase packages like Prime/ESPN+ and he stated he watched the ESPN + SUnday AM game....I calle dhim an enabler and to remember this conversation in 30 years when the only games that are 'free' are the 1 and 4pm games on Sundays with the Sunday/Monday night being pieced out to the highest streaming bidder.

If the Rona taught me anything, other than soooo many people are freaking sheep, is that I can go on without sports and find quite a few other things to spend my time and $$$

I am a RedZone guy. Few years ago they cable added that for me and now Sunday's are......7 hours of commercial free football!
Absolutely love it and find it difficult to watch traditional telecasts now with the dead time in between plays and commercialsl

I think there may be two different people using this account. Mr "Refuse to pay for NFL" who spends his time and $$ on other things, and also Mr "RedZone" who watches 7 hours every Sunday. LOL.

If you think you are getting RedZone for free, check your cable bill. You are paying for some premium package. RedZone is $10/month (or more) to the NFL from every provider.

I think there may be two different people using this account. Mr "Refuse to pay for NFL" and also Mr "RedZone".

If you think you are getting RedZone for free, check your cable bill. You are paying for some premium package. RedZone is $10/month (or more) to the NFL from every provider.
Nope.
Few years ago when I called into Spectrum and bitched they gave me some sports thing for the same price and it got me the NFL network and Redzone along with some garbage channels like golf, etc. I lose them if I change anything I even called a time or two asking if I dropped those things if it would lower my bill and it wouldnt.

With that said, even it was being paid for, it would still be a better value than paying for those two streaming services for a crappy thursday night game and on occassion a Sunday game.

When we had DISH, I LOVED the RedZone. However, times changed, the expense got too much and we went back to cable. We get Balley's so I can watch the Reds - 162 games vs. 17 Sundays, no contest.

Nope.
Few years ago when I called into Spectrum and bitched they gave me some sports thing for the same price and it got me the NFL network and Redzone along with some garbage channels like golf, etc. I lose them if I change anything I even called a time or two asking if I dropped those things if it would lower my bill and it wouldnt.

With that said, even it was being paid for, it would still be a better value than paying for those two streaming services for a crappy thursday night game and on occassion a Sunday game.
Don't disagree with you, I'd love to have the Redzone again and the NFL network. The Football Life programs are great.

When we had DISH, I LOVED the RedZone. However, times changed, the expense got too much and we went back to cable. We get Balley's so I can watch the Reds - 162 games vs. 17 Sundays, no contest.
I don’t know what cable provider you have, but almost all of them carry RedZone and it’s only $10 a month probably. If you watch it every Sunday, that’s basically $2.50 for 7 hours of entertainment. You can’t get a better deal anywhere.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I don’t know what cable provider you have, but almost all of them carry RedZone and it’s only $10 a month probably. If you watch it every Sunday, that’s basically $2.50 for 7 hours of entertainment. You can’t get a better deal anywhere.

Good point. What's the value on 162 baseball games 3-4 hours each?

Good point. What's the value on 162 baseball games 3-4 hours each?
I’ll let you do the math on your bill, but I have to do MLB.tv for the White Sox games since I’m out of market. The subscription for the whole league was $130 this year.

I’m guessing I probably watched all or parts of 100 to 125 Sox games this year, plus pieces of numerous other games (most often Mets, Phils or late-night West Coast teams). Plus Reds games on local cable.

So I basically look at that package as around $1 per Sox game.

I get the Amazon games along with my Prime subscription so the Thursday NFL games are just a free bonus. As for Monday Night football, i have Sling Orange primarily to get ESPN.

I get the Amazon games along with my Prime subscription so the Thursday NFL games are just a free bonus. As for Monday Night football, i have Sling Orange primarily to get ESPN.
I Gave prime a shot but anything else I wanted to watch there was an additional charge. I only order off of there around Christmas and always just did the free trial. I.bet I hosed myself out a free trial in November because I tried it in Sept

I Gave prime a shot but anything else I wanted to watch there was an additional charge. I only order off of there around Christmas and always just did the free trial. I.bet I hosed myself out a free trial in November because I tried it in Sept
They charge for some first run movies and extras like HBO or Showtime but everything else is pretty much included.

Jets gave the Browns a blueprint for defeating the Bills today.

Are they listening? Or will they throw the ball 45 times?

I think Rodgers is gonna retire after this year’s frustration.

Good riddance if he does. He's really become an arrogant puke. He'll throw an ugly uncatchable ball then with his body language act like it was the receiver's fault.

Last edited:
Good riddance if he does. He's really become an arrogant puke. He'll throw an ugly uncatchable ball then with his body language at like if was the receiver's fault.
The two picks in the end zone were both clearly his fault today. The second one was especially brutal; just a horrible underthrow to Bakhtiari, who was very open.

Top 5 QB's
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Burrow (be no. 1 if he had a serviceable LT)
4. Brady
5. Herbert
Burrow has a long way to go to catch Mahomes and Allen.

I’d rank this year’s top QBs:

1. Josh Allen
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Joe Burrow
5. Tua Tagovailoa
6. Lamar Jackson
7. Dak Prescott
8. Geno Smith
9. Justin Herbert
10. Kirk Cousins

Burrow has a long way to go to catch Mahomes and Allen.

I’d rank this year’s top QBs:

1. Josh Allen
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Joe Burrow
5. Tua Tagovailoa
6. Lamar Jackson
7. Dak Prescott
8. Geno Smith
9. Justin Herbert
10. Kirk Cousins

See above post. You omitted the QB who is 2nd in the NFL passing yardage with only 1 pick.

See above post. You omitted the QB who is 2nd in the NFL passing yardage with only 1 pick.
That’s a fair point and I wouldn’t put up too much fuss with anyone putting Brady in the 6 to 10 range, especially given Tampa’s O-line and run game issues.

I will say his yards per attempt are low compared to the top QBs, his TD count (10) is low, and his team is sub-.500 despite sporting what is generally considered to be a good to very good defense.

I wish Brady was hitting the wall for the Browns. Clutch GW drive yesterday, 2nd in the NFL in passing yardage, 10:1 TD to INT ratio.

Tampa has some problems on offense but TB12 is not one of them.
Agreed, especially considering his receivers dropped 7 passes yesterday (like Scotty Miller dropping the perfect pass in the endzone)