Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

ElderHSfan02

Elder is playing great defense right now, and the offensive line is opening some good holes for the run game. Lakota West equallly playing excellent defense and running the ball well. This has the makings of an old school smash mouth football game. I like Elder in a low scoring game.

Elder 17
Lakota West 14

I'm still not sold on the West offense, or the level of competition preparing them for the postseason. Elder's only two losses are to the two best teams in the state, and West has played X and the again mediocre GMC. West will have to win this game with their defense, which is possible, but Elder is very dynamic offensively, and I just don't see them being checked all night unless West can hold the ball.

Elder 27
West 10

Will this game be played at Mason, or will Mason decline to host with their team playing Moeller at the same time?

Will this game be played at Mason, or will Mason decline to host with their team playing Moeller at the same time?
Double header at Nippert would make for a great atmosphere. Thinking LW/ Elder @ Fairfield and Moe/Mason @ Princeton.
As far as the games, I think West has a little better defense. Elder is playing good right now. Tough call. I'll say LW 24-21. Moe vs Mason. I'll just say GBM!

Double header at Nippert would make for a great atmosphere. Thinking LW/ Elder @ Fairfield and Moe/Mason @ Princeton.
As far as the games, I think West has a little better defense. Elder is playing good right now. Tough call. I'll say LW 24-21. Moe vs Mason. I'll just say GBM!

It would be amazing, but tough to pull off on a Friday. St. Xavier would be a good neutral site also, but I do not see them wanting to host. They don't need the money. More likely to be at Fairfield and Princeton like you said.

UC has a home game Friday night

ELDER is playing lights out.
2 playoff games 80 points scored 13 allowed. WEST too has been impressive with 78 points scored and 0 points allowed.

Honestly neither team has faced a quality team in the playoffs. Elder played a little stronger schedule so I give them the edge in a low scoring contest. 24-20 Elder...

2 playoff games 80 points scored 13 allowed. WEST too has been impressive with 78 points scored and 0 points allowed.

Honestly neither team has faced a quality team in the playoffs. Elder played a little stronger schedule so I give them the edge in a low scoring contest. 24-20 Elder...

"Little" stronger?

"Little" stronger?
Some Ohio Division I strength of schedule rankings…
Drew Pasteur: Elder #2, Lakota West #19
CalPreps: Elder #3, Lakota West #21
MaxPreps: Elder #4, Lakota West #27

Elder 17 LW 13. Elder front 7 is outstanding imo! Think strength of Schedule in a tight, physical Game will definitely benefit Elder.

Strength of schedule will not be the reason for the outcome. It’s a nice little piece of info for fans but the players will decide the score. I’m surprised how much stock people put in that on any given week.

Strength of schedule will not be the reason for the outcome. It’s a nice little piece of info for fans but the players will decide the score. I’m surprised how much stock people put in that on any given week.
Elder has played pretty tough competition all season. That should definitely help when the going gets tough!

True, look at where we are in this region. GCL vs GMC like most years. Lasalle played a decent schedule but their talent was not able to compete. WW played a much softer schedule the last two years yet they have a championship and are undefeated to date. Talent wins out over schedule and Mason/LW talent has done about all they can do. Any wins from here on out would be upsets IMO.

Last edited:
With this logic, West Toronto Prep has a better SOS than both these teams. They must be the team to beat.
You are correct, SOS really means nothing.
It all about talent. One could argue Lasalle had one of the toughest schedules in DII and honestly they should have been 0-9 as Colerain dominated them. St X also had a tough schedule but it has not resulted in a long run. Kings, WW, WEST, Mason and several others at the lower levels in the SW Ohio area play basically a league schedule as well and are doing just fine because of the talent and coaching they have on the field. IMO, Elder and Moe have the most talent in the area. I am surprised to see all the ELDER signs the past couple years throughout Colerain, Harrison and SE Indiana these kids have a haul to get down there.

You are correct, SOS really means nothing.
It all about talent. One could argue Lasalle had one of the toughest schedules in DII and honestly they should have been 0-9 as Colerain dominated them. St X also had a tough schedule but it has not resulted in a long run. Kings, WW, WEST, Mason and several others at the lower levels in the SW Ohio area play basically a league schedule as well and are doing just fine because of the talent and coaching they have on the field. IMO, Elder and Moe have the most talent in the area. I am surprised to see all the ELDER signs the past couple years throughout Colerain, Harrison and SE Indiana these kids have a haul to get down there.
Colerain dominated no one this year. The teams lack of coaching is a huge problem.

I think last season showed Lakota West is more than capable of getting ready for the playoff games. I think at the end of the day Lakota West has more Dudes than any other team in the Region, thus they are the team to beat. I got LW beating Elder in a close game, 24-20.

Colerain dominated no one this year. The teams lack of coaching is a huge problem.
Here’s hoping that a change happens soon. Not holding my breath, though.

Elder will be a handful for West. Gotta think they’ll want to neutralize the LW run game and force them to put the ball in the air.

I’ll go 24-17 Elder.