2022 CFP Projections

They may have had some tight games, but Ohio State's best win??? Penn State???... in a game they struggled mightily, and Penn State turned the ball over and over and over to them. This is typical Ohio State. We won't know how good they are until the end of the season.
The big ten is as weak as I can ever remember, and it's normally not strong.
You don’t know how good they are because you don’t know college football. Unless there’s a mouse in your pocket, you are using the wrong word.

Yeah, TCU is better than Ohio State..... :ROFLMAO: Ohio State is ranked 3rd over all and have 15 five stars and 51 four stars, meanwhile TCU is ranked 32nd and has 1 five star and 16 four stars.
I agree that Ohio State is better than TCU, but if we were to argue CFP spots based on recruiting rankings, we’d have Texas A&M in the top four. So your argument is pointless.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

They may have had some tight games, but Ohio State's best win??? Penn State???... in a game they struggled mightily, and Penn State turned the ball over and over and over to them. This is typical Ohio State. We won't know how good they are until the end of the season.
TCU was losing by double digits to a team with their backup quarterback in. Ohio State is the only team to win all their games by 10+.
Ohio State has won by an average of 32 points, while TCU has only won by an average of 13.

Preach! Ohio State’s and Michigan’s schedules this year are tantamount to UC’s schedule last year thanks to how apocalyptically bad the other 12 teams in the Big Ten are.

I agree that Ohio State is better than TCU, but if we were to argue CFP spots based on recruiting rankings, we’d have Texas A&M in the top four. So your argument is pointless.

No one is arguing that we only use that measurement. You have to actually win games too, sorry you were confused.

Preach! Ohio State’s and Michigan’s schedules this year are tantamount to UC’s schedule last year thanks to how apocalyptically bad the other 12 teams in the Big Ten are.

Disagree. Last year ND wasn’t a complete flop of a team thus making UCs schedule stronger last year than OSU and Michigan’s this year.

No one is arguing that we only use that measurement. You have to actually win games too, sorry you were confused.
I would not use recruiting rankings at all to evaluate and differentiate CFP teams. Where some services had a high school kid ranked two to six years ago should not be used as a criterion whatsoever, IMO.

Annual post to say college football screwed the pooch. Ideal college football world right now would be a 4 team playoff selected by the BCS. Then once it expands in a few years, still selected by the BCS. Down with the committee, bring back the computers!

I would not use recruiting rankings at all to evaluate and differentiate CFP teams. Where some services had a high school kid ranked two to six years ago should not be used as a criterion whatsoever, IMO.

The team with the most talent, wins most of the time. It is a very valid data point.

Disagree. Last year ND wasn’t a complete flop of a team thus making UCs schedule stronger last year than OSU and Michigan’s this year.
Agreed that ND was stronger last year than this year. I give UC more credit for winning in South Bend last year than Ohio State beating Tyler Buchner in Columbus to open this season.

All that said, this year’s team is ascending now, so in the unlikely event that Clemson wins in South Bend on Saturday night, I’d value that win much more than OSU’s home win in Week 1.

Annual post to say college football screwed the pooch. Ideal college football world right now would be a 4 team playoff selected by the BCS. Then once it expands in a few years, still selected by the BCS. Down with the committee, bring back the computers!
No, no, no, no, no. INFECT COMPUTERS!

You’re the biggest SEC homer here, so your opinion is and always has been incredibly biased.

TCU almost lost to Kansas, struggled against a West Virginia team who is 3-5, and barely beat a 4-4 SMU team. So what makes them more impressive than Ohio State? Ohio State has the better eye test, and Penn State would beat every team TCU has faced except maybe Kansas State. Kansas State did not have their starting quarterback for most of the game.
Ohio State is better via eye test, but TCU has a better resume. This is why having a committee is tough because it's so subjective. You can say Ohio St is better via eye test, but outside of Penn St and ND who have they played?

You can see TCU struggle with Kansas and West Virginia - both road games - but they also beat ranked Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma St and Kansas St consecutively.

If you're going by resume of the contenders:
#1 Tennessee - wins over ranked Bama, Pitt, Florida, LSU
#2 TCU - wins over ranked OU, KU, OK St, K-ST
#3 Clemson - wins over ranked, NCST, Cuse, Wake
#4 Ohio St - wins over ranked ND and Penn St
#5 Oregon - wins over ranked BYU and UCLA
#6 UCLA - wins over ranked Washington and Utah
#7 Georgia - win over ranked Oregon
#8 Michigan - win over ranked Penn St
#9 Alabama - win over ranked Miss St
#10 USC - no ranked wins

But no one is putting TCU or Clemson ahead of Georgia, Ohio St and Michigan based on eye test.

You’re the biggest SEC homer here, so your opinion is and always has been incredibly biased.
It's not being a homer. The SEC is the best conference top to bottom and it's proven year in and year out. Is Ohio State better than 1 loss Alabama? 1 loss Oregon? I say no. The big ten is even more terrible this year than it normally is. There is no way to value Ohio State OR Michigan this season. Heck, everyone was holding up Iowa as a contender and they can't score more than 12 points a game.
We do this every season. Now I can't ding the Buckeyes too much because they can't control the strength of the conference, and they did schedule Notre Dame, and who knew they would drop off they way they have. But still, that doesn't mean the polls have to automatically put the Buckeyes in the top 4. Like I said, TCU's resume is as good, but because they are TCU they get shafted. And people fawn over Ohio State's offense, they're playing crap teams? Wisconsin and Michigan State are way down, and typical Penn State, they are offensively challenged.

Ohio State is better via eye test, but TCU has a better resume. This is why having a committee is tough because it's so subjective. You can say Ohio St is better via eye test, but outside of Penn St and ND who have they played?

You can see TCU struggle with Kansas and West Virginia - both road games - but they also beat ranked Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma St and Kansas St consecutively.

If you're going by resume of the contenders:
#1 Tennessee - wins over ranked Bama, Pitt, Florida, LSU
#2 TCU - wins over ranked OU, KU, OK St, K-ST
#3 Clemson - wins over ranked, NCST, Cuse, Wake
#4 Ohio St - wins over ranked ND and Penn St
#5 Oregon - wins over ranked BYU and UCLA
#6 UCLA - wins over ranked Washington and Utah
#7 Georgia - win over ranked Oregon
#8 Michigan - win over ranked Penn St
#9 Alabama - win over ranked Miss St
#10 USC - no ranked wins

But no one is putting TCU or Clemson ahead of Georgia, Ohio St and Michigan based on eye test.
The EYE test is EYEBALLS on TV screens, and the midwest has a HUGE advantage. Not a big fan of the expanded playoffs, but maybe we'll finally get some conference realignments and get these teams to play at least a semi competitive schedule.

It's not being a homer. The SEC is the best conference top to bottom and it's proven year in and year out. Is Ohio State better than 1 loss Alabama? 1 loss Oregon? I say no. The big ten is even more terrible this year than it normally is. There is no way to value Ohio State OR Michigan this season. Heck, everyone was holding up Iowa as a contender and they can't score more than 12 points a game.
We do this every season. Now I can't ding the Buckeyes too much because they can't control the strength of the conference, and they did schedule Notre Dame, and who knew they would drop off they way they have. But still, that doesn't mean the polls have to automatically put the Buckeyes in the top 4. Like I said, TCU's resume is as good, but because they are TCU they get shafted. And people fawn over Ohio State's offense, they're playing crap teams? Wisconsin and Michigan State are way down, and typical Penn State, they are offensively challenged.
You are a homer with the blinders on. I still remember your post from 2 or 3 years ago where you argued with a straight face for 3 SEC teams to be in the playoff.

You are a homer with the blinders on. I still remember your post from 2 or 3 years ago where you argued with a straight face for 3 SEC teams to be in the playoff.
If the SEC has three of the four best teams in the country, then there should be three SEC teams in the playoff. Based on what I’ve seen so far this year, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama might well be the three best teams in the country. Ohio State or Michigan might be the fourth, but it’s hard to tell since they haven’t played anybody good all year except Notre Dame.

I would totally be in favor of three SEC teams being in the playoff this year, depending on how the next month goes.

Agreed that ND was stronger last year than this year. I give UC more credit for winning in South Bend last year than Ohio State beating Tyler Buchner in Columbus to open this season.

All that said, this year’s team is ascending now, so in the unlikely event that Clemson wins in South Bend on Saturday night, I’d value that win much more than OSU’s home win in Week 1.

Luckily for the world your opinion is meaningless.

The EYE test is EYEBALLS on TV screens, and the midwest has a HUGE advantage. Not a big fan of the expanded playoffs, but maybe we'll finally get some conference realignments and get these teams to play at least a semi competitive schedule
The East division for the Big Ten is good. Consistently has 3 or 4 teams ranked in the top 25. This year has been a down year for the Big Ten Conference, yet it still has 4 teams in the top 25.

Correct, it would be more appropriate to say you don’t understand college football outside high level things and make up narratives to fit your argument.

The East division for the Big Ten is good. Consistently has 3 or 4 teams ranked in the top 25. This year has been a down year for the Big Ten Conference, yet it still has 4 teams in the top 25.
Penn State is ranked on name recognition only. Who’s their best win? Minnesota where PSU pulled away in the second half at home? A squeaker at Purdue? Auburn, who’s a mess of a team (12th or 13th best in SEC) where there was a mass exodus in the offseason?

They have zero Top 25 wins and lost by double digits against their only big opponents, including an utter curbstomping at Michigan.

Penn State is ranked on name recognition only. Who’s their best win? Minnesota where PSU pulled away in the second half at home? A squeaker at Purdue? Auburn, who’s a mess of a team (12th or 13th best in SEC) where there was a mass exodus in the offseason?

They have zero Top 25 wins and lost by double digits against their only big opponents, including an utter curbstomping at Michigan.

Now substitute Penn State for Syracuse. Best win is a squeaker against….Purdue? 5-3 Louisville? NC State without their best player/QB? Losses to the only big opponents they played in ND and Clemson.

If the SEC has three of the four best teams in the country, then there should be three SEC teams in the playoff. Based on what I’ve seen so far this year, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama might well be the three best teams in the country. Ohio State or Michigan might be the fourth, but it’s hard to tell since they haven’t played anybody good all year except Notre Dame.

I would totally be in favor of three SEC teams being in the playoff this year, depending on how the next month goes.

You’re still clinging to ND and Syracuse being good teams so we’ll just let that speak for itself.

While we're arguing the subjectivity of everything here...

Penn State effectively won by as much on the road against a mess of an Auburn team as UGA won by at home against the Tigers. "Eye test" I would have the Bulldogs 2nd, but going into a big game this weekend they haven't done chit since pounding Oregon to open the season with some clunker performances (Kent State, Missouri) since then.

Now substitute Penn State for Syracuse. Best win is a squeaker against….Purdue? 5-3 Louisville? NC State without their best player/QB? Losses to the only big opponents they played in ND and Clemson.
I’d say blasting Louisville right now is their best win. But look at what they’re doing: All their wins are them destroying teams except Purdue. And they took Clemson to the brink in Death Valley, had total total of the game until late third quarter when a dumb personal foul after they stopped Clemson kept the drive alive and turned the game around.