MVL 2022

The stupid 9 game league schedule does nobody any favors in this league. You gotta experience games outside this to better prepare the teams come playoff time. With 16 teams making the playoffs in each region there is no risk to playing a couple difficult games outside the league docket. Go back to 7 game league schedule and 3 games against teams where you take on an above average D1 school or a D2 or D3 power. That experience, even if you lose, is a better game experience than putting 60 points on West Carrollton.

The stupid 9 game league schedule does nobody any favors in this league. You gotta experience games outside this to better prepare the teams come playoff time. With 16 teams making the playoffs in each region there is no risk to playing a couple difficult games outside the league docket. Go back to 7 game league schedule and 3 games against teams where you take on an above average D1 school or a D2 or D3 power. That experience, even if you lose, is a better game experience than putting 60 points on West Carrollton.
This right here. Having two divisions when everyone plays each other equally in all sports is stupid. Get two more schools and make it a real two division conference, or figure out a rotating schedule like the WBL or MAC. True non-conference games are needed.

I can not disagree! The weak schedule showed itself tonight!

Not surprised Xenia lost. When they played Tipp earlier this year they self imploded and nearly gave that game away. I didn’t see their game tonight, but I’m curious how many self-inflicted mistakes Xenia had.

Looks like Piqua had a better showing this week against Stebbins. Tall task next week.

Tipp played decent, Hillsboro wasn’t that strong a team. Comparable to maybe a Butler or Sidney.

This right here. Having two divisions when everyone plays each other equally in all sports is stupid. Get two more schools and make it a real two division conference, or figure out a rotating schedule like the WBL or MAC. True non-conference games are needed.
I agree the division format when everyone already plays each other is dumb. Tipp got a Miami Division trophy for basically finishing 2nd in the league. Either get rid of the divisions, or only play a portion of the other division on a rotating basis to get an extra non-conference game or two.

Keep the divisions if you wish but kill the round robin schedule to play everyone. Play 3 crossover games on a rotating basis against the other division, 4 games against your divison opponents and schedule 3 non conference games. It would be so much better for all.

I was at the Xenia game and I give credit to the Little Miami kids, they played a great game. They were ready for Xenia. It really hurt Xenia when T. Sanders got injured in the second quarter and their back up was unable to play. I am will make one comment on the officials, in Little Miami's third touchdown, the side referee came running in pointing that the runner was down before the goalline, which would have given the ball back to Xenia. Then the runner moved the ball and suddenly it was a touchdown. Before I get any grief, I was 15 feet away at the back of the end zone. Now this does not change the fact that Xenia lost, just stating what I saw.

Ppl throwing dirt on Troy while they’re down. That’s ok. And for everyone saying how bad they did against Anderson. Us real Troy fans knew it would be ugly. It was not a surprise at all. I actually predicted almost the exact score. We have had a rough few years. But trust me when I tell you we have tons of talent getting ready to emerge. So all you arrogant tipp fans can keep chirping Because the time will come again. Piqua and Xenia and tipp… enjoy your success now. Because remember just a short while ago Troy was dominant over the league and the unquestioned best team? Well that time is coming again soon.
Furthermore, you all say oh well Anderson was 5-5 how can you lose that badly to them? Well they don’t play in the MVL so their record is deceiving. I can tell you nobody else in this conference would’ve beaten them either. That’s for Piqua and Tipp too. Don’t go just based off record.

Ppl throwing dirt on Troy while they’re down. That’s ok. And for everyone saying how bad they did against Anderson. Us real Troy fans knew it would be ugly. It was not a surprise at all. I actually predicted almost the exact score. We have had a rough few years. But trust me when I tell you we have tons of talent getting ready to emerge. So all you arrogant tipp fans can keep chirping Because the time will come again. Piqua and Xenia and tipp… enjoy your success now. Because remember just a short while ago Troy was dominant over the league and the unquestioned best team? Well that time is coming again soon.
Furthermore, you all say oh well Anderson was 5-5 how can you lose that badly to them? Well they don’t play in the MVL so their record is deceiving. I can tell you nobody else in this conference would’ve beaten them either. That’s for Piqua and Tipp too. Don’t go just based off record.

Everyone knew this was going to happen to Troy, they was incredibly injured. Plus the Anderson offense is not something that anyone in the MVL would be successful against. Nobody in here is beating there chest today, Piqua and Tipp won in the first round because we got to beat up on bad teams. I can see both of us getting beat in Round 2, or only one of us going to Round 3. The league as a whole is not good, it does not set any of us up for success.

Everyone knew this was going to happen to Troy, they was incredibly injured. Plus the Anderson offense is not something that anyone in the MVL would be successful against. Nobody in here is beating there chest today, Piqua and Tipp won in the first round because we got to beat up on bad teams. I can see both of us getting beat in Round 2, or only one of us going to Round 3. The league as a whole is not good, it does not set any of us up for success.
Tipp at least played and beat a team in non-conference play that also seems to be a good team in their region, so there is certainly still reason to believe they'll advance farther. R8 for Piqua will be tough though.

Tipp at least played and beat a team in non-conference play that also seems to be a good team in their region, so there is certainly still reason to believe they'll advance farther. R8 for Piqua will be tough though.

I can see Tipp beating Trotwood, it won't be easy but they can pull it off. I don't have very much confidence in Piqua beating Edgewood. I hope I'm wrong and both of us find a way to advance.

I can see Tipp beating Trotwood, it won't be easy but they can pull it off. I don't have very much confidence in Piqua beating Edgewood. I hope I'm wrong and both of us find a way to advance.
Well, if LM can find a way to beat Xenia, I'd say Piqua beating Edgewood is much less of a longshot. Just got to hope they don't hurt themselves too much and they've got a chance.

It's not the 9 league games hurting MVL teams, it's the quality of those games hurting the league. The ECC and WBL also play 9 league games and they went 5 - 3 and 4 - 1 respectively last night. It doesn't help when some of the one non-league games played are against teams in a down cycle like Dunbar,Belmont,Aiken and Beavercreek. If you want better results then the whole league needs to get better, the ECC had 8 teams make the playoffs,the MAC 9, almost every week theyr'e playing a quality opponent, this helps prepare them for the playoffs. To have any chance against Winton Woods,Lasalle,Kings,Anderson and the like it takes the whole league improving. Bottom line, get better or get beat.

It's not the 9 league games hurting MVL teams, it's the quality of those games hurting the league. The ECC and WBL also play 9 league games and they went 5 - 3 and 4 - 1 respectively last night. It doesn't help when some of the one non-league games played are against teams in a down cycle like Dunbar,Belmont,Aiken and Beavercreek. If you want better results then the whole league needs to get better, the ECC had 8 teams make the playoffs,the MAC 9, almost every week theyr'e playing a quality opponent, this helps prepare them for the playoffs. To have any chance against Winton Woods,Lasalle,Kings,Anderson and the like it takes the whole league improving. Bottom line, get better or get beat.

That might be semi true, but Piqua, Troy, and Tipp can't make Fairborn, West Carrolton or Greenville any better. We can't send them kids to make their teams better. Something has to give, the MVL got embarrassed in the opening round of the playoffs and nothing about the set up is going to change that anytime soon.

Absolutely. Great facts here.

That might be semi true, but Piqua, Troy, and Tipp can't make Fairborn, West Carrolton or Greenville any better. We can't send them kids to make their teams better. Something has to give, the MVL got embarrassed in the opening round of the playoffs and nothing about the set up is going to change that anytime soon.
Yeah, no, it's completely true. Everything he stated is factually accurate.

How did Little Miami beat Xenia? Is it because Winton Woods, Kings and Anderson sent them kids?

Oh, and someone answer me this: when is the last time any team in the MVL made a regional final? Piqua in 2006 state run?

Could just be that the MVL schools don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's similarly-sized schools have and can't compete with them more often than not.

Yeah, no, it's completely true. Everything he stated is factually accurate.

How did Little Miami beat Xenia? Is it because Winton Woods, Kings and Anderson sent them kids?

Oh, and someone answer me this: when is the last time any team in the MVL made a regional final? Piqua in 2006 state run?

Could just be that the MVL schools don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's similarly-sized schools have and can't compete with them more often than not.

Sanders got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Xenia-LM game that put a huge damper on their chances of winning! Xenia was a good team, but they had issues!

Ummm Piqua played in the R8 finals last season vs WW but that was mostly made possible by the way the bracket set up.

Most of the MVL schools can't compete outside of the MVL, that is 100% correct. Which is why the format of the league needs to change or just needs to break up all together.

Sanders got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Xenia-LM game that put a huge damper on their chances of winning! Xenia was a good team, but they had issues!

Ummm Piqua played in the R8 finals last season vs WW but that was mostly made possible by the way the bracket set up.

Most of the MVL schools can't compete outside of the MVL, that is 100% correct. Which is why the format of the league needs to change or just needs to break up all together.
Xenia needs no excuses made; bottom line, Little Miami stopped their run. Losing Sanders hurt, but they had two other RBs who had rushed for over 1,000 yards combined. (Sanders ran for 26 yards on 7 carries before he got hurt, it's not like he was tearing it up).

Main point still stands: you say bad MVL teams drag down rest of league too much, but how does a bad ECC team (that plays 9 league games just like the MVL) beat the MVL's best? You really think another Week 2 or 3 nonconference game is going to make up that gap?

If the MVL is going to make up that gap, something needs to change December-June in the weight and skills training. Or they need more talented Jimmy's and Joe's, because the Cincinnati D2 school apparently have a lot more.

Forgot Piqua made it last year, but we all know that was because of the favorable draw (2020 shows how far they'd have made it if they would have had to face one of the better teams earlier).

And again: what were the MVL teams doing in playoffs/tournament before they formed the league?

Answer: nothing different.

From what I can see from a quick glance at JoeEitel, 2013 Tipp is the only current MVL school that made a regional final (won 2 playoff games) after '06 Piqua until last year. All while playing GWOC schedules and all those nonconference games (and in the case of Tipp, most of those years were in CBC).

That is why the MVL needs to stay. The regular season races are competitive, and they weren't going far in the playoffs/postseason anyway playing in GWOC.

(This all goes for boys hoops, too. I believe 2010 Troy is the last time a D1 MVL team made districts).

I think it’s wrong to say Piqua did what they did last year because of there seed. They beat some Cincinnati teams and they put more points on winton woods then either of the final two teams that played them

Oh yeah!!!! We own the series. It’s not even a rivalry we show up and beat you every time. After that Xenia loss you don’t even know where you stand or how you stack up. No worries Indians_Rule because I feel the same way, not sure how we stack up. We definitely had the toughest OOC schedule in region 12, didn’t do squat with it. Got a win against Alter, and feasted on DPS, and slapped CJ. So to be honest who knows, none of you do. I really like playing Tipp, but they will need to do what Wapak did and WIN one of these games so we can put the MOJO back into the series.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

Last edited:
I'm not sure what a Trotwood poster has to lean on this year. Last year ended with a smack-down at the hands of SWBL foe Bellbrook. Who have the Rams beat this year that is any quality? Alter and CJ are down this year. The only teams you played with winning records, beat the crap out of them.
Again, Alter and CJ are not your typical Alter and CJ. Tipp is a well-coached and disciplined team. This one is at Tipp. The Devils by a score.

Overreaction post

You’re absolutely hilarious, aren’t you the one who proclaimed Troy would easily beat every team in the league besides Piqua? How’d that work out? Troys only real success in the last 20 years was when Burgbacher was there, and guess what, he’s at Tipp now and he owns Troy. Troy should never lose to Tipp based on the size difference in schools yet you’ve lost 3 times in a row against Tipp. Just accept the fact that Troy doesn’t have a very good program and Tipp is on another level compared to them. It’s ok, I understand you’re upset but it’s just the truth of the matter. Troy had a decent 4 year run under Matt. Now they have returned to the mean, here’s some facts for you: since 2000 Troy is 115-95 (.55%) with 6 playoff wins. Tipp is 161-59 (.73%) in that same time frame with 12 playoff wins. Tipp’s 7th and 8th grade teams also went a combined 12-4 and 3 of their pewee teams won their Super Bowl. You’re not the only one with talent upcoming, The difference is that Tipp has the Burgbachers and Troy doesn’t. And you’ll never get over the fact that he left you for little old Tipp 😂😂

Last edited:
I'm not sure what a Trotwood poster has to lean on this year. Last year ended with a smack-down at the hands of SWBL foe Bellbrook. Who have the Rams beat this year that is any quality? Alter and CJ are down this year. The only teams you played with winning records, beat the crap out of them.
Again, Alter and CJ are not your typical Alter and CJ. Tipp is a well-coached and disciplined team. This one is at Tipp. The Devils by a score.
You basically reworded what I said. Tipp has 0 wins against teams that will make a run. Just like us!!! You don’t know what’s gonna happen Friday. The best team in your league who gave you an L, took an L from an 4-7 squad. You just wanted to say something to the Trotwood guy. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised in 3 weeks BOTH teams are at BBall practice.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

You basically reworded what I said. Tipp has 0 wins against teams that will make a run. Just like us!!! You don’t know what’s gonna happen Friday. The best team in your league who gave you an L, took an L from an 4-7 squad. You just wanted to say something to the Trotwood guy. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised in 3 weeks BOTH teams are at BBall practice.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

Tipp beat Bellbrook this season. Not to mention Piqua, who the jury is out on until this Friday if they can recapture some of what they had last year.

Sure Xenia lost to a bad team, but let's not forget the rest of the schedule and the competitiveness Piqua has had most years.

Tipp vs. Trotwood should be very competitive this year regardless of that, but let's not make false claims now, huh?

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
I knew you’d show up here running your mouth. It’s alright, Trotwood has definitely had our number in years past, but this is the present and Trotwood is not near as good as years prior. Your insecurity has lead you to come here and spread false claims. Tipp has wins over two teams who are both 9-2 and still alive in the d2 and d3 playoffs as well as a 7-3 Troy. You beat a down Alter and CJ who have a combined record of 12-10! Besides that who’d you beat? 5 DPS schools? Lmao. Your coming to the goat Pasteur and it’s going to be ROWDY, atleast having very little away seating isn’t gonna matter when Trotwood comes to town.