2022 EBC

Thank you, that's a sh_tload of yards. I was only wondering about our league. I have no idea who might be the alltime leader.
My guess would be Scott Webber of Northwest, it's a shame though that there aren't easily accessible records for the conference

I think the point he is making is statistically Deshields is probably the best player the EBC/NBC has ever seen. It’s kinda ironic to watch him steamroll teams like your warriors and then get the ho hum treatment from some posters like yourself.
How does he compare in career statistics to just his contemporaries Zurbrugg, Johnson, and Poochie Snyder?

South range is a different beast tho right? Haven’t lost a regular season game in a few years? We ain’t there yet but that’s good to know
Not everyone in the EBC quite understands how good South Range is and that entire area. There are some really good teams in Mahoning and Trumbell Counties.

My guess would be Scott Webber of Northwest, it's a shame though that there aren't easily accessible records for the conference

How does he compare in career statistics to just his contemporaries Zurbrugg, Johnson, and Poochie Snyder?
There was a thread a year or so ago about WB quarterbacks -didn't have have a history of great all ohio quarterback, some of which played D1 football. WB posters - any help?

Not everyone in the EBC quite understands how good South Range is and that entire area. There are some really good teams in Mahoning and Trumbell Counties.
Not much in Trumbull county. JFK, and maybe Brookfield that is about it. Trumbull County is way down

No idea who the career NBC-EBC leader is, but this gives some sense of where things stand.

Alden Hill ran for 4745 to be Marlington's career leader.

Duce Johnson ran for 4907 to be Alliance's 2nd leading career rusher. Only E.J. Lilly rushed for more with 5179 career yards, but Alliance was in the Federal League when he played. Lilly may have also held the county single-season rushing mark until Keishaun Sims of Perry shattered it in 2015 when he ran for 3224 (Sims finished with 4810 for his career). Lilly's best single game was 355 yards which I know Duce Johnson surpassed by a healthy margin.

Scott Weber ran for 4891 yards according to the Stark HS icon series the Rep did about 5 or 6 years ago.

I used to have a Minerva game program that listed all of their records, but I must've gotten rid of it. It may not be a career record, and the NBC did not exist yet, but Leon Powell ran for 4307 according to the Icon series. That gives some idea of where Minerva's career rushing leader might stand.

Louisville's career record is 3469 by Bob Gladieux, so there are no Leps from their NBC days with a high amount of career rushing yards.

What about Dover, Springfield, Salem, South, and West Branch?

EDIT: With regards to Stark County leaders, I totally forgot about Erick Howard. He rushed for 6013 yards during his career at Hoover. Bri'onte Dunn rushed for 5479 yards at GlenOak. Imagine if he had stayed in Alliance...

Last edited:
There was a thread a year or so ago about WB quarterbacks -didn't have have a history of great all ohio quarterback, some of which played D1 football. WB posters - any help?
Life long WB player/fan here. WB had a ton of great QB and most played not he unbalanced I so passing yards were hard to come by. All of these guys were all state QBs: I may be missing some after Ben Swallow because i moved for a while or have the wrong college but old time WB fans have internal arguments about who the best. I have been to a lot of games the last couple of years with grandsons playing and Dru DeShiedls is a Stud. Morris in 1994 was incredible. i played with Rohaley and Common and both her extremely good athletes and Scott Woolf had a full ride to Ohio State. Lots of very good QBs at WB.

Mark Rohaley (Utah or kansas?)
John Common (Cincinnatti)
Scott Woolf (Ohio State, Mount, Dallas Cowboys)
Bill Lohnes (Columbia)
Frank Edie (YSU)
Jason Morris
Jeff Morris (State Champ/Muskingum)
Matt Rycraft (YSU as an athlete)
Ben Swallow (Geneva?)
(?)Swallow
McNeelly
TJ DeShields (Akron)
Brock Hillyer (Marietta)
Dru DeShields

No idea who the career NBC-EBC leader is, but this gives some sense of where things stand.

Duce Johnson ran for 4907 to be Alliance's 2nd leading career rusher. Only E.J. Lilly rushed for more at Alliance, but Alliance was in the Federal League when he played. Lilly's career total was 5179 yards. He may have also had the county single-season rushing mark until Keishaun Sims of Perry shattered it in 2015 when he ran for 3224 (Sims finished with 4810 for his career). Lilly's best single game was 355 yards which I know Duce Johnson surpassed.

Scott Weber ran for 4891 yards according to the Stark HS icon series the Rep did about 5 or 6 years ago.

I used to have a Minerva game program that listed all of their records, but I must've gotten rid of it. It may not be a career record, and the NBC did not exist yet, but Leon Powell ran for 4307 to give some idea of where Minerva's career rushing leader might stand.

Louisville's career record is 3469 by Bob Gladieux, so there are no Leps from their NBC days with a high amount of career rushing yards.

What about Springfield, Salem, South, and West Branch?

EDIT: With regards to Stark County, I totally forgot about Erick Howard. He rushed for 6,013 yards during his career at Hoover.
I can't find yardage on Weber but he had 74 career rushing TDs which is still the stark county record I believe. I also remember one of their QBs setting the county passing record during his career but can't remember which one (they had a run of 5 or so great ones in a row). I'd also be interested to see some stats on Louisville from that early 2000's era because they were the elite of the conference

I can't find yardage on Weber but he had 74 career rushing TDs which is still the stark county record I believe. I also remember one of their QBs setting the county passing record during his career but can't remember which one (they had a run of 5 or so great ones in a row). I'd also be interested to see some stats on Louisville from that early 2000's era because they were the elite of the conference.
I edited my post so many times that you may have missed it, but the Rep had Weber with 4891 career rushing yards.

Louisville's records are linked below. Big shout-out to the work @LeopardNation does on that site and making their records easily accessible.

Duce Johnson ran for 4907 to be Alliance's 2nd leading career rusher. Only E.J. Lilly rushed for more with 5179 career yards, but Alliance was in the Federal League when he played. Lilly may have also held the county single-season rushing mark until Keishaun Sims of Perry shattered it in 2015 when he ran for 3224 (Sims finished with 4810 for his career). Lilly's best single game was 355 yards which I know Duce Johnson surpassed by a healthy margin.

I used to have a Minerva game program that listed all of their records, but I must've gotten rid of it. It may not be a career record, and the NBC did not exist yet, but Leon Powell ran for 4307 according to the Icon series. That gives some idea of where Minerva's career rushing leader might stand.

What about Dover, Springfield, Salem, South, and West Branch?

EDIT: With regards to Stark County leaders, I totally forgot about Erick Howard. He rushed for 6013 yards during his career at Hoover. Bri'onte Dunn rushed for 5479 yards at GlenOak. Imagine if he had stayed in Alliance...
All great information. Thank you for the leg work. Carrollton is winning easily, so I assume Oehlstrom had big night and I hope his night was done early. Not sure where he will end up, but he might be very close to the top of all time leading rushers. Being of average size, he has been a very durable workhorse. Forgot about Bri'onte Dunn. Now that was a man amongst boys. And Scott Weber was simply a mad man when he ran with the ball. He took great joy in dealing out pain....even to himself. Being a Carrollton fan, mentioning Weber brings back memories of Matt Velain.

All great information. Thank you for the leg work. Carrollton is winning easily, so I assume Oehlstrom had big night and I hope his night was done early. Not sure where he will end up, but he might be very close to the top of all time leading rushers. Being of average size, he has been a very durable workhorse. Forgot about Bri'onte Dunn. Now that was a man amongst boys. And Scott Weber was simply a mad man when he ran with the ball. He took great joy in dealing out pain....even to himself. Being a Carrollton fan, mentioning Weber brings back memories of Matt Velain.
I do miss the days when this conference would have 3 of the top 10 rushing attacks in the state year in and year out

That’s insane to me. Is he Carrollton’s all time leading rusher?
I believe so, can't imagine anybody with more. What's more impressive is doing it when everybody in the world knew he was going to carry it 30 times a game. You have to have 2 things in order to do that. 1. Durability 2. Pretty damn good o-line

Playoff matchup scenarios based on games that still need to be played:

If Salem wins tomorrow against West Branch:

- Salem would be the #5 seed and host #12 Streetsboro.
- Carrollton would be the #13 seed and travel to #4 Indian Valley.

If West Branch wins tomorrow against Salem:

- Salem would be the #10 seed and travel to #7 Canton South
- Carrollton would be the #15 seed and travel to #2 Steubenville

Alliance's scenario (I could be wrong but this is my quick math)

- A Salem win + Warrensville Heights win = Alliance #10 seed playing at #7 CVCA
- A West Branch win + Warrensville Heights win = Alliance #12 seed playing at #5 Youngstown Chaney

West Branch is already locked into the #1 seed and already know that they will play #16 Mogadore Field in Week 11.

Last edited:
Good news for Carrollton, short drive times either way.
Bad news for Carrollton, very tough matchups either way.

I believe so, can't imagine anybody with more. What's more impressive is doing it when everybody in the world knew he was going to carry it 30 times a game. You have to have 2 things in order to do that. 1. Durability 2. Pretty damn good o-line
Absolutely… they knew it was coming and they couldn’t stop it. Congratulations to that young man. Any idea on his plans after high school?

Too bad Carrollton's non league schedule was a little soft this year. They have a lot better team than a possible 15 seed that may have to travel to play Big Red. Marlington and Minerva going winless in the OOC certainly didn't help. They were impressive. Good luck in week 11!

Minerva still has a very long way to go. They did play harder for most of the season but Speakman will need a magic wand to make this team competitive next year. Hopefully his strength and conditioning program takes off and they can start to catch up to their opponents

Too bad Carrollton's non league schedule was a little soft this year. They have a lot better team than a possible 15 seed that may have to travel to play Big Red. Marlington and Minerva going winless in the OOC certainly didn't help. They were impressive. Good luck in week 11!

Minerva still has a very long way to go. They did play harder for most of the season but Speakman will need a magic wand to make this team competitive next year. Hopefully his strength and conditioning program takes off and they can start to catch up to their opponents
Was this his first year there?