Titans Getting New $2b Domed Stadium

Interesting that it will seat 55-60k, down from nearly 70k at Nissan, and the NFL is fine with it to host the Super Bowl. Seems as though smaller capacities are coming to the NFL.
In all honesty, and I prefer outside football, the stadiums need to be used more than just the 10-11 times a year and having a dome can facilitate that. I would like to see the retractable to make it easier for grass to grow, but I would still hate not having outdoor games as an advantage against warm weather cities late in the year

I fear that in fiddy years every game will be indoors and just lose some of the charm

I believe Buffalo is close to plans on a new stadium and Chicago is looking at a new stadium about 45 minutes north in the suburbs.

I believe Buffalo is close to plans on a new stadium and Chicago is looking at a new stadium about 45 minutes north in the suburbs.
yea, Da Bears wanna move south even tho citi officials are saying they will put a dome on Kellen Winslow II field. think they are looking for a smaller stadium as well.

Teams want to create more of a demand for their tickets, and will jack up the prices and will be fine as attendance is a drop in teh bucket. We gave up our steelers season tix because they just keep raising prices and it wasnt worth it.

A lot of these owners also own MLS teams. We’re seeing a long term vision of a convergence of uses at these stadiums. 50-55k will be the sweet spot.

Great, another bland, bleak environment. Don’t people realize that watching games on TV played at the Colts’, Cowboys’, Falcons’ and Rams’/Chargers’ stadiums is just a far inferior look to every game being played outdoors, especially those with grass fields?

Why are they getting a new stadium anyway? What’s wrong with Nissan Stadium?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Yup. The Bears bought the old Arlington Park racetrack. A friend's daughter and son-in-law just bought a house within a few blocks of there. City leaders are trying to keep the Bears in Chicago proper.

I fear that in fiddy years every game will be indoors and just lose some of the charm
Absolutely. These indoor environments suck dirty hole.

But the NCAA is probably peeing their pants from excitement of being able to take the Final Four to Nashville.

yea, Da Bears wanna move south even tho citi officials are saying they will put a dome on Kellen Winslow II field. think they are looking for a smaller stadium as well.

Teams want to create more of a demand for their tickets, and will jack up the prices and will be fine as attendance is a drop in teh bucket. We gave up our steelers season tix because they just keep raising prices and it wasnt worth it.
Soldier Field is the smallest NFL stadium in terms of capacity, I believe. I’d be shocked if the Arlington Park stadium would reduce that capacity.

The days of totally outdoor stadia are coming to an end. Good. They are a waste of money, since they can be used maybe 13 days of the year.

The days of totally outdoor stadia are coming to an end. Good. They are a waste of money, since they can be used maybe 13 days of the year.
And these indoor stadiums can be used maybe 16 days instead, since they’ll maybe draw one or two bands/musical acts big enough to play a stadium show, and maybe WWE or the NCAA will bring WrestleMania or the Royal Rumble or the basketball tournament to the venue once in a great while. These giant venues don’t get used besides stuff like that.

Ironically, Nissan Stadium just hosted SummerSlam this summer.

And these indoor stadiums can be used maybe 16 days instead, since they’ll maybe draw one or two bands/musical acts big enough to play a stadium show, and maybe WWE or the NCAA will bring WrestleMania or the Royal Rumble or the basketball tournament to the venue once in a great while. These giant venues don’t get used besides stuff like that.

Ironically, Nissan Stadium just hosted SummerSlam this summer.

Ah, how about Indianapolis? It's used constantly.

Cleveland fans railed for an outdoor stadium, saying that it would give the Browns a homefield advantage during the bad winter weather. How's that working out?

A lot of these owners also own MLS teams. We’re seeing a long term vision of a convergence of uses at these stadiums. 50-55k will be the sweet spot.
Not a soccer guy, (I'd rather be dead) but arent they all about playing on grass?
Great, another bland, bleak environment. Don’t people realize that watching games on TV played at the Colts’, Cowboys’, Falcons’ and Rams’/Chargers’ stadiums is just a far inferior look to every game being played outdoors, especially those with grass fields?

Why are they getting a new stadium anyway? What’s wrong with Nissan Stadium?

Been to Nissan.....its, eh. Stadiums that dont have the 'roof' over part of the upper deck always seem unfinished to me.
Colts games: Man, going there is awesome inside....best place I have been and during the manning days they needed the dome atmosphere, i do hate watching it on tv though.

I prefer the cold. I dont usually consider going to NFL games until November and later and been to some extremely cold games in Pittsburgh. Womething about bad, cold weather makes you wanna just go crazy during the games whereas indoors, and in the warm...no so much.

I prefer the open air, but realize it is a total waste of money and teams who do have the retractable arent going to keep it open in inclement weather. I thought I had read somewhere the 'rules' a team has to follow in footall for retractable. something like you have to keep it the same the whole game so if it starts open...you keep it open which makes sense.

They can be used much more than that. Takes some will and creativity.

No reason First Energy shouldn't have something going on every weekend in the summer and it is hosting 2 hockey games this winter.

The constant use of Lucas Oil Stadium has nothing to do with the success of the Colts or the Browns. But, you already knew that.
I was speaking to your reference about being outdoors considered an advantage for the Browns.

All things being equal it can be. No one said it would be an advantage for a below average team which is what they've been since 99.

I was speaking to your about being outdoors considered an advantage for the Browns.

All things being equal it can be. No one said it would be an advantage for a below average team which is what they've been since 99.
How long can we expect to wait on this advantage? Actually, the entire venture should be 100% financed by the Haslam family in reparation for the massive fraud that their company used to garner its fortune. Then, there should be no objection.

How long can we expect to wait on this advantage? Actually, the entire venture should be 100% financed by the Haslam family in reparation for the massive fraud that their company used to garner its fortune. Then, there should be no objection.
Agree. Let Haslem's pony up for a new stadium. Put it south of Gateway and the inner belt. Free up the Lake front for other use. Cleveland is always evaluating how to better use the Lake front. Looking again at getting rid of Burke. This would be a good start!

Nashville is a rapidly growing city and can host many national events, concerts along with Titan games. Many of these new stadiums are putting in "standing" areas at ground level like the Cowboys stadium and SoFi in LA and the new one in Vegas. Now those standing area don't have seats so I wonder if that's not included in the capacity?

Sorry, but a domed stadium is inevitable. But, considering how long it took for gambling to be ratified in this largely bucolic state, and the idea of legalized marijuana to be considered, I would look for domed stadia in Cleveland and Cincinnati to happen around 2250.

Sorry, but a domed stadium is inevitable. But, considering how long it took for gambling to be ratified in this largely bucolic state, and the idea of legalized marijuana to be considered, I would look for domed stadia in Cleveland and Cincinnati to happen around 2250.
Build a massive dome in the Columbus area for both the Browns and the Bengals to use.
Many NFL franchises arent located in the city that boasts their name.

Build a massive dome in the Columbus area for both the Browns and the Bengals to use.

How about building the domes in Cleveland and Cincinnati and have the Buckeyes alternate all their home games between the two cities?

You would have two cities ticked off then, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Those "home" games generate millions of dollars for their local economies.