How good is Glenville?

falguin

I haven't seen any threads on Glenville, but I have to wonder how good they are. This team beat an Avon team that people from Avon described as their best team ever. This game was a one score game, but Avon was really dominated by the Tarblooders and were lucky not to have gotten blown off the field. The same avon team has beaten some really good teams like Medina and killed teams like Avon Lake and North Ridgeville. Not many teams in DIV would schedule St. V's, Olentangy Liberty, and Avon. If they end up the number one seed and have to play a number sixteen seed in DIV, that poor team is going to run into a team loaded with D I talent.

I haven't seen any threads on Glenville, but I have to wonder how good they are. This team beat an Avon team that people from Avon described as their best team ever. This game was a one score game, but Avon was really dominated by the Tarblooders and were lucky not to have gotten blown off the field. The same avon team has beaten some really good teams like Medina and killed teams like Avon Lake and North Ridgeville. Not many teams in DIV would schedule St. V's, Olentangy Liberty, and Avon. If they end up the number one seed and have to play a number sixteen seed in DIV, that poor team is going to run into a team loaded with D I talent.
First of all I don't believe Glenville has many posters on this site, beside maybe a few. Also I watched the replay of Avon/ Glenville, and Avon played with them for the most part. The game went back, and forth. Glenville got a 4th quarter score to win it. 27-21 final , I believe. No doubt Glenville has got the talent, but we shall see how far they can go. Should definitely be a deep run in D4. Another thing, Glenville, usually always schedules 3 tough opponents, the first three weeks, because their league offers no challenges for the next 7 games.

Glenville is very good, especially for a D4 team. I saw them play against D2 SVSM and they dominated in every aspect of the game. Their only weakness appears to be placekicking. Their performance against Avon, a top ten D2 team, speaks for itself.

Glenville is a good team that is very talented with size and speed. During that Avon game they were playing very well then in the 3rd quarter into the 4th quarter they had about a 15min span where they played very undisciplined football with alot of penalties. They did get their act together to pull the win out and talking to some Glenville fans this team still has alot of sophomores and juniors in their starting lineup. PS Watching them play Avon I hope Avon got their punting game issues fixed because they had a couple 10-15 yard punts which surprised me.

Grenville has a very good squad this year, 4-5 D1 talents on the squad, couple power 5 recruits. We scheduled and played them last year and they were tough, just not very disciplined as a young group. They are good this year. Look for them in the state final.

After the SVSM game, which they had dominated, the Ginns were so unhappy with the team's performance that they had them out on the field running gassers. They had to be told to leave so that the stadium could be shut down. LOL. They have some high expectations.

After the SVSM game, which they had dominated, the Ginns were so unhappy with the team's performance that they had them out on the field running gassers. They had to be told to leave so that the stadium could be shut down. LOL. They have some high expectations.
Ginn in a conversation with Terry Cistone, told Terry this is the best team he has had in a very long time

I can’t fathom what they’d do to some one like Upper Sandusky or Ben Logan in that region.
The league Glenville plays in, most of the teams are worse than #16 seeds. Glenville doesn't really run up scores. They could beat those teams 85-0, if they played all out. But they win 40-0, or 50-0 and that's it

Glenville is very good, especially for a D4 team. I saw them play against D2 SVSM and they dominated in every aspect of the game. Their only weakness appears to be placekicking. Their performance against Avon, a top ten D2 team, speaks for itself.
I've been hearing that since I've been on yappi since the late 90s

Hahaha, you are a funny guy. Unless Glenville totally self destructs I think everyone else in DIV is playing for second place. Big Red included. Hope I’m wrong though.
Although they have several D1 recruits Big Red is the only team in Div 4 that athletically can match them player for player. If Big Red keeps improving I like our chances.

I see that Cleveland Glenville is in R14 and Big Red is in R15. It looks like they purposely made R13 weak.

GOD, I LOVE THE REGIONS.

First of all I don't believe Glenville has many posters on this site, beside maybe a few. Also I watched the replay of Avon/ Glenville, and Avon played with them for the most part. The game went back, and forth. Glenville got a 4th quarter score to win it. 27-21 final , I believe. No doubt Glenville has got the talent, but we shall see how far they can go. Should definitely be a deep run in D4. Another thing, Glenville, usually always schedules 3 tough opponents, the first three weeks, because their league offers no challenges for the next 7 games.
Exactly. It was a back and forth slugfest. Avon was driving for the winning score and threw that pick at the goal line to end it. So obviously Glenville can be beaten, but it’s asking a lot of a D4 team to do it. Glenville is stacked with talent like the old days and the in-game coaching is there with Ted Jr. They have some smart and talented players on that D that don’t get fooled by the same play twice. Very solid team at any division.