Time to Retire "Hells Bells" from 3rd Down in Stadiums?

Hells Bells is now 42 years old.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not at all Nerd, i love the band, i love the HOME team being able to play the the bells song at third down..... not sure if the dude is drunk, or not, what school does this that bothers you? maybe you can be one of those Karens that gets upset at things that you don't really need to get upset about.... life is short.... enjoy it!!!! not a PA operator, former coach, Kids seem to like back in the day, and they still do in these WOKE days..... i have operated the time clock, but would gladly RING THE BELLS if asked to.... because it's a fun thing to do!!
KittyKat, You be You, Ring your Bell in your Spotbilt Coaching Shoes and your Bike Coaching Shorts with
Tube Socks to Boot. The Kids today don’t Give a Rats A@$ about some Third Down Bell You Woke Folks Think is Cool.
Love your Posts. Good Luck Friday Night.

Last edited:
Oh, I remember Balls To The Wall clearly - that song grated on my ears, lol.

I'd prefer"The Trooper" by Iron Maiden in head-to-head competition, and The Godz' Gotta Keep A Runnin' just to keep 'em guessin'.

Full disclosure, I never got to hear anything else from Accept, maybe I'll check 'em out.

But BTTW certainly was unlike anything I'd heard at the time. No question it could drive up the adrenaline. :cool:
Bells at the beginning of Hallowed Be Thy Name from Iron Maiden.

KittyKat, You be You, Ring your Bell in your Spotbilt Coaching Shoes and your Bike Coaching Shorts with
Tube Socks to Boot. The Kids today don’t Give a Rats A@$ about some Third Down Bell You Woke Folks Think is Cool.

and yet you still hear it during college games and NFL games....... i'm sure they do it just to piss off the KIDS at those games...

just asking are you more of a Taylor swift type person ?

maybe a ZUMA pants type person?

The only thing I have to add to this ridiculous thread is, yes, hells bells is overplayed and has lost some of its badassery. But it's not because it's over 30 years old, it's because it's been played millions of times at football games. I'm a fan of originality, not copying something cool you saw someone else do. I'd love to hear some schools play some WWF theme songs, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc. Whatever sounds badas$ and doesn't have offensive language, whether it's 100 years old or 100 days old, find your own music and stop playing other people's music!

That sounds like you have a grudge against a person you know personally. And why would woke folks think this song is cool? If anything, they might be against it. Just let it go. It's a song and as good as any other that gets played, or as good as the announcer's voice on its own.

That sounds like you have a grudge against a person you know personally. And why would woke folks think this song is cool? If anything, they might be against it. Just let it go. It's a song and as good as any other that gets played, or as good as the announcer's voice on its own.
NO NO, I don’t have a Grudge. I’m of the position of why they feel the NEED to play it in the first place on third down
against the visiting team. If everyone likes it’s So much play it on both teams third down. The reason they don’t is that if the P.A. System is loud enough it effects the visiting team. I believe that High School Football is Above this silly Crap.JMO

NO NO, I don’t have a Grudge. I’m of the position of why they feel the NEED to play it in the first place on third down
against the visiting team. If everyone likes it’s So much play it on both teams third down. The reason they don’t is that if the P.A. System is loud enough it effects the visiting team. I believe that High School Football is Above this silly Crap.JMO
So it seems your issue is more tied to the use of noise for home field advantage. Should bells and other noise makers be banned from stadiums as well? Should teams be penalized if their crowd is too loud?

So it seems your issue is more tied to the use of noise for home field advantage. Should bells and other noise makers be banned from stadiums as well? Should teams be penalized if their crowd is too loud?
No Issue with Bells that fans Ring, Love crowd Noise. It’s The Artificial Noise P.A. Systems and When Kids bring the Police style Bull Horns. True Fan Excitement and feet stomping is Fantastic. Enjoy your Game this weekend.

Duh! lol

Watching Michigan State force a punt earlier today got me to thinking "For the First Time In Forever" from "Frozen" might be appropriate after a third down stop on defense.

Also, our opponent this past Friday was missing their usual PA announcer, so our PA guy filled in. We were up 63-7 in the 4th quarter and he was still bringing it: "Wildcat Fans, It's THIRD DOWN!!"

Gotta respect him staying with the bit no matter what...

The only thing I have to add to this ridiculous thread is, yes, hells bells is overplayed and has lost some of its badassery. But it's not because it's over 30 years old, it's because it's been played millions of times at football games. I'm a fan of originality, not copying something cool you saw someone else do.
This^^

The PA system should only be used for players' names after the play and down and distance. Band info, the winning 50/50 and announcements about upcoming school events are also acceptable.