Central Buckeye Conference 2022

as someone who has followed this league for almost 2 decades, the leader ship in the CBC needs to get it together. take a look at the future schedules.

the crossover games make absolutely no sense. Graham won’t play Urbana. Shawnee won’t play Tecumseh.

but on the other hand, there will be games like Jonathan Alder-Northwestern, London-Graham, Ben Logan-Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge-North Union.

Tecumseh has 2 county rivals (that they border and have close ties with) in the opposite division, but will play NEITHER in 2023.

i’m very disappointed that a league could let such important games to communities not happen, in favor of non-appealing matchups.
I think Shawnee not playing Tecumseh is a greater disappointment than Graham not playing Urbana. Shawnee, Bellefontaine and Urbana are the only CBC charter schools remaining (with a London hiatus) and maybe toss in KR when the NE school district split into two schools. It should be important to the conference to maintain those area rivalries and sad it is falling to the side.

I think Shawnee not playing Tecumseh is a greater disappointment than Graham not playing Urbana. Shawnee, Bellefontaine and Urbana are the only CBC charter schools remaining (with a London hiatus) and maybe toss in KR when the NE school district split into two schools. It should be important to the conference to maintain those area rivalries and sad it is falling to the side.
the CBC has maintained the Logan County schools playing for years, but always seems like the clark county schools get the short end of the stick. there’s no good excuse for some of these games not happening.

the CBC has maintained the Logan County schools playing for years, but always seems like the clark county schools get the short end of the stick. there’s no good excuse for some of these games not happening.
Someone really does need to make a racket about this. There is no reason that Shawnee and NW cannot be matched with Tecumseh and KR every year.

The crossover games should rotate. Yes, there are old, long standing rivalries but it is the nature of the beast of conference play and expansion. You shouldn't have the same cross over games every year, if that is the case just make it 1 large conference. Sometimes you end up with not ideal games, but every league has this to some extent.

I thought the crossover games were supposed to rotate every two years. The Covid season may have thrown things out of whack. I know the last year and this year Tecumseh has played Graham and Ben Logan. I thought next year it would be two different crossover teams. It would make sense for them to play Shawnee and someone else. Hopefully what the CBC has posted for the future schedules is wrong.

I thought the crossover games were supposed to rotate every two years. The Covid season may have thrown things out of whack. I know the last year and this year Tecumseh has played Graham and Ben Logan. I thought next year it would be two different crossover teams. It would make sense for them to play Shawnee and someone else. Hopefully what the CBC has posted for the future schedules is wrong.
the crossovers are staying the same at least through 2024 according to the CBC website.

The crossover games should rotate. Yes, there are old, long standing rivalries but it is the nature of the beast of conference play and expansion. You shouldn't have the same cross over games every year, if that is the case just make it 1 large conference. Sometimes you end up with not ideal games, but every league has this to some extent.
they don’t even rotate. they keep the same ones for 4+ years according to the schedule. i think everyone would much rather play games against traditional rivals as crossovers than play someone from an hour away.

they don’t even rotate. they keep the same ones for 4+ years according to the schedule. i think everyone would much rather play games against traditional rivals as crossovers than play someone from an hour away.
I guess with Shawnee and Urbana flopping divisions next year has screwed things up. Knightsfan, you are really good at this and I would be curious to see how you would like to see the crossover games to go with the new alignment. Also, would it be a good idea for the CBC nixing three OOC games and limiting to 2 and filling the next 8 within the CBC, similar to the OHC, or is that even possible?

I guess with Shawnee and Urbana flopping divisions next year has screwed things up. Knightsfan, you are really good at this and I would be curious to see how you would like to see the crossover games to go with the new alignment. Also, would it be a good idea for the CBC nixing three OOC games and limiting to 2 and filling the next 8 within the CBC, similar to the OHC, or is that even possible?
it’s possible but i do think the CBC has it right and the OHC is the one who should be switching to 3 games. that way the TRC/OHC/CBC can all be the same in that aspect. i’ll have what i would like to see as crossovers posted by days end.

how it should be (with the new alignment starting in 2023):

Mad River Crossovers
Shawnee: Kenton Ridge, Tecumseh

Northwestern: Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge

Graham: Urbana, London

Ben Logan: Jonathan Alder, Bellefontaine

Indian Lake: Bellefontaine, Urbana

North Union: London, Jonathan Alder

Kenton Trail Crossovers
Kenton Ridge: Shawnee, Northwestern

Tecumseh: Northwestern, Shawnee

London: North Union, Graham

Jonathan Alder: Ben Logan, North Union

Bellefontaine: Indian Lake, Ben Logan

Urbana: Graham, Indian Lake

Last edited:

Mad River Crossovers

Kenton Trail Crossovers

This makes the most sense to me.

Mad River Crossovers

Kenton Trail Crossovers

This looks good but not a lot of love for NU, lol. I get the geographic set up but even God took a break on the 7th day. Maybe swap Urbana with IL for London but that kind of screws IL. I vote you to be CBC commissioner...

This looks good but not a lot of love for NU, lol. I get the geographic set up but even God took a break on the 7th day. Maybe swap Urbana with IL for London but that kind of screws IL. I vote you to be CBC commissioner...
would be an awesome job as an old retired guy!

yeah, geography kinda screws North Union but it’s not like they play a bunch of world beaters in the Mad River. and to be fair, it wasn’t that long ago that London was god awful and Alder was average.. each school goes through phases!

the Kenton Trail is obviously a stronger division so Mad River teams will have there work cut out for them regardless.

I’m very impressed with North Union. They are consistently good. CBC needs to stick with this line up of schools because it’s a very good mix. The only outlier is Northwestern. Can’t wrap my head around their lack of competitiveness. Very nice school and great facilities. Seems like a great area as well.

Final Standings Predictions-

Kenton Trail:
1. JA
2. Bellefontaine
3. London
4. Shawnee
5. Tecumseh
6. KR

KT should be very exciting 1-4 every single week with Tecumseh seemingly just behind that group.

Mad River:
1. North Union
2. Urbana
3. Graham
4. Ben Logan
5. IL
6. NW

Mad River will be North Union's division to lose. Graham and Urbana should be a fun matchup this week and could determine who finishes runner up in this division.

Biggest Surprise- Urbana. Beating WJ week 1 was very unexpected and could build momentum moving forward.

Biggest Disappointment- IL looks to be multiple years away from contending for the MR division as they did last year. Everyone expected a step back, but things have not looked good at all this year for the lakers.

Divisional play.....YIPPY!. Now we separate the pretenders from the contenders or maybe we do.

KT
Tecumseh at Bellefontaine. This could be closer than people think. Then again, I am making a prediction that does not bode well for the Arrows in which they will probably be blown out. Tecumseh has a stud runner with a great team performance against Ben Logan last week and overall solid against Bellbrook but pissed down their leg with Graham. Tecumseh will need their D to hold up against the Belle Sop QB and very good RB, but they could squeak this one out...Upset of the week predication. To paraphrase Charles Barkley, Bellefontaine has two kids that are McDonalds All Americans and Tecumseh has had kids that have eaten at McDonalds . However, if money were on the line I'll take Brewfountaine with a third quarter running clock.

Shawnee at Kenton Ridge. The Braves have played a fairly easy schedule the past several weeks and should be healthy going into this rivalry game. They have speed and are a knock your d***k in the dirt kind of team (to quote a friend of mine) but really who have they beaten other than a mid level SWBL Eaton team? KR as usual starts off strong and people wonder what they have but in the end, they are really just KR. I look for the Braves to pull away in the second half. Speed kills

London at Jonathan Alder. Oh my, the winner of this will probably take on Bellefontaine for the CBC KT title. Not sure who these teams really are with JA having a good close win against North Union and London seeming to struggle and fighting it out to the end with a very average Graham. Whoever wins this game will have some momentum going deeper into the divisional schedule. Right now I give the edge to Alder in a double overtime game and look forward to their showdown with Bellefontaine October 7.

MR
North Union at Northwestern. I really have nothing good to say about this. Who could? However, it was brought to my attention that NW has 21 cheerleaders, wtf? really? Are there that many disenfrenchfried Jenny Craig mothers in the school district as to live so vicariously through their daughters to have TWENTYONE, 21, cheerleaders? One day NW will figure out that football season, is actually football season. Stay healthy NU with your school record breaking 1st half total points scored in a game.

Ben Logan at Indian Lake. I like this match up and depending on what team shows up will be the winner. I'll give the edge to BL just based on their QB being the statistical leader in the CBC. I'll call this one the Honda Bowl and it would be great if that company would donate a coupe of grand to a general scholarship fund for the winner. Who am I to make such an outlandish statement? I drive a Chevy.

Urbana at Graham. Too bad they aren't wrestling as there would be a clear cut winner. Urbana is rising out of the their depth of sh**iness in football. Whatever team shows up in this rivalry is unknown but I am going out on a limb here and give the edge to the U. Urbana has the speed and physical nature to put the 100 time state champion, I jest, Graham wrestling school in its place. The winner of this game is the only competition North Union has and if Urbana wins, enjoy it, because next year in the KT, there is more agony to come...one step forward, two steps backwards. Welcome to Shawnee's world.

CBC Week 6 football Final Scores:

Kenton Trail
London 49 Jonathan Alder 21
Bellefontaine 19 Tecumseh 16
Shawnee 17 Kenton Ridge 7

Mad River
Urbana 42 Graham 7
North Union 34 Northwestern 14
Benjamin Logan 44 Indian Lake 7

Week 7 Matchups:

Kenton Trail
Kenton Ridge at Jonathan Alder
Tecumseh at London
Bellefontaine at Shawnee

Mad River
Benjamin Logan at North Union
Graham
at Northwestern
Indian Lake at Urbana

CBC Week 6 football Final Scores:

Kenton Trail
London 49 Jonathan Alder 21
Bellefontaine 19 Tecumseh 16
Shawnee 17 Kenton Ridge 7

Mad River
Urbana 42 Graham 7
North Union 34 Northwestern 14
Benjamin Logan 44 Indian Lake 7

Week 7 Matchups:

Kenton Trail
Kenton Ridge at Jonathan Alder
Tecumseh at London
Bellefontaine at Shawnee

Mad River
Benjamin Logan at North Union
Graham
at Northwestern
Indian Lake at Urbana
Wow picking the Braves to upset the Chieftains. Love to see that one.

Wow picking the Braves to upset the Chieftains. Love to see that one.
i don’t hate the pick. it’s week 7 and the Braves usually start peaking around this time under Meeks. it would be an upset, but i don’t think a major upset. if Shawnee can somehow win out or at least get to 8-2, they may be looking at a top 4 seed in R16

i don’t hate the pick. it’s week 7 and the Braves usually start peaking around this time under Meeks. it would be an upset, but i don’t think a major upset. if Shawnee can somehow win out or at least get to 8-2, they may be looking at a top 4 seed in R16
Oh, I know. Should be a good one.

The difference this week with the Chiefs will be if Fogan is back 100% healthy for this game, Without him on the field to mix up the passing and running game id give the edge honestly to Shawnee. Didn't play in the BL or Tecumseh game and was limited in the IL game, Good luck to all teams this Friday.

The difference this week with the Chiefs will be if Fogan is back 100% healthy for this game, Without him on the field to mix up the passing and running game id give the edge honestly to Shawnee. Didn't play in the BL or Tecumseh game and was limited in the IL game, Good luck to all teams this Friday.
I expected a close game with Fogan out, at Shawnee, on grass. Fogan 100% might have tipped me back over the fence. However, I'll stay with my original pick... I'm aware it means nothing. Should be an exciting 4 weeks in the CBC. Good Luck and good health to all!

Phew, just in time for my not so accurate predications for Week 7. There seemed to be some surprises last week, more score than victors and that looks to set up an exciting close of the regular season, WEEK 7 already. Time funs when you're having flies. The KT is wide open while the MR is coming down to a week 10 showdown. Folks., my comments are for entertainment purposes only and your reading pleasure that may make you laugh so do not be offended. I wish I could see more in person games but right now I rely on a friend, the internet and past visits to give you my somewhat obnoxious prognostications.

Kenton Trail

Kenton Ridge at Jonathan Alder: KR showed up last week, I'm not sure what happened with the Urbana game, but they gave the Braves all they could handle. If they bring that this week then this game may be interesting. JA, no longer the top dog but I think they rebound this week and get a solid W and they need it to keep some stake in Region 11. Unfortunately, the half time show will be the only show on the 2.5 acre gridiron.

Tecumseh at London: Tecumseh almost pulled off my upset pick last week. The games stats looked to be ugly and maybe that's how the Arrows need to win. Go ugly early, its cheaper. London, sorry I missed the boat and really I wasn't even at the pier with your game against JA. Big Win and congratulations. Should be a solid win tonight and a bit of a break next week but the final two games could be deciding the divisional title. My heart is with Tecumseh pulling off a huge upset but I think the Arrows stay in the quiver for a later upset.

Bellefontaine at Shawnee: The Chefs had an ugly win but really it is a win and off to this week trying to go 2-0 in the division and stake their claim as the best in the CBC. It looked like they lacked a running game and relied on a passing game that was less than stellar. The QB had 19 strikes on 30 pitches for 9/250ths of a mile with one homer and an error. Not sure what the Braves bring to the table defensively to stop a passing and running attack that should be the best in the CBC. This game has the potential to be out the roof with points but when the Braves give up more penalty yards, 150, than they gave up total offensive yards to the Lake, 123, this will be a problem tonight. If Belle has a running game tonight the Braves homecoming will be a frowny face; however, the Braves could step up and squeak this one out, making a statement to Region 16. BTW, as a Notre Dame fan I love these: "The Holy Hand Off", "First Down Moses" "Touchdown Jesus" and the best one, "The Bush Push". Well, Chieftain fans, do your remember the "The Glass Pass"? This is my upset pick of the week with the Braves taking it and I apologize to the Brave faithful since my upsets are really an empty set and the kiss of loss for who I pick.

Mad River
Benjamin Logan at North Union: NU, hate the uniforms but love the area and tis the season for the pumpkin latte and Halloween. NU is a hard nosed team that gets the job done. Statistically, they have the best D in the CBC but now play a "pass happy" offense that has more completions than NU has attempts. It may take NU a bit to settle in with their grind them out rushing offense to put the Raiders away but in the end the Kitties of Richwood maintain their hold on the Mad River.

Graham at Northwestern: Will the real Graham please, stand up? Talk about ugly...how much and how fast the scoreboard clicks off numbers is up to Graham. This would be the premier battle of the bands game this week, if KR and JA weren't playing tonight. The Dancing Band from Falcon Land versus the Warrior Band from, well, Warrior Land. The parking lot will be fairly empty to start the 3rd quarter when all the band parents departing for cocktails, bon fires and social interaction and without a clue that Graham wins this one 56..

Indian Lake at Urbana: IL, you get the Warriors next week and I may be there just to see what two teams look like that have a combined offensive output of 127 points while giving up an astronomical 444 points. Urbana, nice rebuild and your statement game comes in week 10. Do the U thing that U do so well and finish strong. Alex, I will take Hillclimbers for 100 and the MR title...

Last edited:
I don't think that's that wild of a prediction at this point. I wouldn't favor them over North Union,. but at the same time I doubt they'll get blown out. I think they are at least very competitive.