2022 Elder Football

Elder has the best school forum of anyone on Yappi. You guys are extremely entertaining and I look forward to reading who is todays dumb . Keep it up but please if you do see each other keep the physical violence out.
By the way Spect today pulled an ala Cov Cath by keeping his starters in to the end so the 44-20 whipping didn’t look so bad on National tv.

Last edited by a moderator:
They drove up on noon the day before lol - you're saying the travel still impacted them 24 hours later? This is beyond stupid.

The other team was just better.
Absolutely travel, especially overnight travel impacts the kids. Their routine is WAY off. They played a game 2 days later than usual, hundreds of miles away on national TV. If you think none of those things have an effect on teens you are absolutely crazy.

Now, the other team was clearly better, but X probably would have competed better of both teams had the same set of circumstances.

Absolutely travel, especially overnight travel impacts the kids. Their routine is WAY off. They played a game 2 days later than usual, hundreds of miles away on national TV. If you think none of those things have an effect on teens you are absolutely crazy.

Now, the other team was clearly better, but X probably would have competed better of both teams had the same set of circumstances.
They arrived in Chicago at noon the day before. They had a full night's sleep, multiple meals, and didn't have to play until noon the next day.

They could have jumped over the Sear's Tower with that much rest.

They arrived in Chicago at noon the day before. They had a full night's sleep and didn't have to play until noon the next day.

They could have jumped over the Sear's Tower with that much rest.
It's not about rest, read what I wrote, it's about routine. Routine is paramount in children's lives, especially athletes. X's routine messed up this week too since they were in Chicago yesterday and play Friday..... Messes the whole week's schedule up.

It's not about rest, read what I wrote, it's about routine. Routine is paramount in children's lives, especially athletes. X's routine messed up this week too since they were in Chicago yesterday and play Friday..... Messes the whole week's schedule up.
Agree to disagree. I'd be shocked if any St X competitor is using this even as a small reason as to why they lost.

On the other hand, Illinois does not allow their schools to have pre season scrimmages. This was Loyola's first game. It was St. Xavier's 2nd game on top of 2 previous scrimmages.

I think it was a combination of X playing pretty poorly for their standard and Loyola being THAT good.

Seems like everyone wants to write X off already and this is a team that had Lakota West beat at LW, of course they didn't finish the job. We know X is absolutely going to be ready to go come playoff time.

Agree to disagree. I'd be shocked if any St X competitor is using this even as a small reason as to why they lost.
Just out of curiosity, which part do you disagree with? Routines being vital to children? Or the importance of routines for athletes? Or was it that X's routine is messed this week too?

I also never said that's why they lost, they lost to a better team. X did look sloppy at times and that messed up routine I promise had something to do with it.

Lastly, travel does matter, that's one of the reasons they call it home field advantage.

Just out of curiosity, which part do you disagree with? Routines being vital to children? Or the importance of routines for athletes? Or was it that X's routine is messed this week too?

I also never said that's why they lost, they lost to a better team. X did look sloppy at times and that messed up routine I promise had something to do with it.

Lastly, travel does matter, that's one of the reasons they call it home field advantage.
I could understand if they had to get off the bus after a 4-5 hour drive and hit the field. Or if they were traveling multiple time zones by plane.

They're also not really children - young men starting the peak of their athletic lives. I think all the other stuff (routine, fatigue) is overblown. I just don't believe it had anything to do with anything.

I could understand if they had to get off the bus after a 4-5 hour drive and hit the field. Or if they were traveling multiple time zones by plane.

They're also not really children - young men starting the peak of their athletic lives. I think all the other stuff (routine, fatigue) is overblown. I just don't believe it had anything to do with anything.
Well it's a good thing we have science and medicine and not just your thoughts.

Well it's a good thing we have science and medicine and not just your thoughts.
What's the science say about a 4 hour bus ride 24 hours before a game with 17 year olds? All while properly hydrated and fueled? Bet those kids were exhausted! And unable to function because of that drastic change in routine! Stop. Move on.

On the other hand, Illinois does not allow their schools to have pre season scrimmages. This was Loyola's first game. It was St. Xavier's 2nd game on top of 2 previous scrimmages.

I think it was a combination of X playing pretty poorly for their standard and Loyola being THAT good.

Seems like everyone wants to write X off already and this is a team that had Lakota West beat at LW, of course they didn't finish the job. We know X is absolutely going to be ready to go come playoff time
Illinois plays spring ball though and went 6-0 over that span.

What's the science say about a 4 hour bus ride 24 hours before a game with 17 year olds? All while properly hydrated and fueled? Bet those kids were exhausted! And unable to function because of that drastic change in routine! Stop. Move on.
You could Google and find quite literally countless published research studies on the importance of routine with both teens and athletes.

Again, I never said they were exhausted; you are the one that keeps bringing it up.

You could Google and find quite literally countless published research studies on the importance of routine with both teens and athletes.

Again, I never said they were exhausted; you are the one that keeps bringing it up.
I've tried to move on 15 times from this - we don't agree and that's ok.

I'm also not the one that keeps bringing it up.

Last edited:
And here we are - still not moving on because we think padded charter bus seats with wi-fi, cushy beds, 24 hours rest, free and healthy meals, and having to, gasp, play football on a Saturday afternoon might damage little johnny's psyche.

Once again, extreme twilight zone territory.

Go suggest that to Coach Specht and watch him laugh at you. Please video it and share with the rest of us.

Can we move on now? This is the Elder forum., geez, some people.

Last edited:
And here we are - still not moving on because we think padded charter bus seats with wi-fi, cushy beds, 24 hours rest, free and healthy meals, and having to, gasp, play football on a Saturday afternoon might damage little johnny's psyche.

Once again, extreme twilight zone territory.

Go suggest that to Coach Specht and watch him laugh at you. Please video it and share with the rest of us.

Can we move on now? This is the Elder forum., geez, some people.
Holy moly you're a f*&king clown

Now that that is over. Will the Panthers be taking a school bus or charter to Springboro?
It doesn’t matter if they lose or don’t play well, Omar and others will go straight into the travel. Those people either don’t understand teenage athletes or just like to have an excuse in their back pocket. Elder will Win Friday and Omar will still find something to piss and moan about. We all, already know how this goes. Same old sh it,different day!

It doesn’t matter if they lose or don’t play well, Omar and others will go straight into the travel. Those people either don’t understand teenage athletes or just like to have an excuse in their back pocket. Elder will Win Friday and Omar will still find something to piss and moan about. We all, already know how this goes. Same old sh it,different day!
Its a 45 minute drive, travel won’t matter. And at no point has anyone solely blamed travel for a loss.

Now that that is over. Will the Panthers be taking a school bus or charter to Springboro?
They better take a charter because those seats are comfier. On a school bus, they might hit a bump and someone might get sore for the game. I don't know if E will be able to overcome having to ride a bus to a game. It may completely disrupt their flow and habits, because you know, research. The lack of structure could be cause for impending doom.

They better take a charter because those seats are comfier. On a school bus, they might hit a bump and someone might get sore for the game. I don't know if E will be able to overcome having to ride a bus to a game. It may completely disrupt their flow and habits, because you know, research. The lack of structure could be cause for impending doom.
Since you continue to bring it up, this 45-60 minute bus ride will not disrupt anything because that type of commute is typical of any away game. This is PART of their regular routine. There is no lack of structure. Again, this is typical of any high school football team going to an away game that is local.

Now, Springboro will try to disrupt things on their end up there from a logistics prospective...... They like to make the opposing team's locker room all the way across the property in the back of the elementary school and make the teams walk what seems like forever to get to the field.

But that won't matter as every team does something similar to try to disrupt the visiting team's focus. Elder is the better team and will prevail.

Now, Springboro will try to disrupt things on their end up there from a logistics prospective...... They like to make the opposing team's locker room all the way across the property in the back of the elementary school and make the teams walk what seems like forever to get to the field.
Oh the humanity!! How will they ever cope?

A 60 minute bumpy bus ride AND a lengthy walk - in CLEATS??? I really hope there isn't any rocks or edges where they might turn an ankle. This is worrisome.

Omar better make the trip to give them a piece of his mind.