Fitch Falcons 2022

That is a great scrimmage schedule. This should light a little fire under the summer camp when you test yourself against those two teams. Plus it’s looking like a pretty stacked and interesting regular season schedule. With the many sophomores getting starts and a lot of Playing time and a year of maturity along with Jamaal returning, this is going to be a very interesting year. Tough losing Sherwood (great talent and even better competitor), but Vaughn will step up and also has talent.

That is a great scrimmage schedule. This should light a little fire under the summer camp when you test yourself against those two teams. Plus it’s looking like a pretty stacked and interesting regular season schedule. With the many sophomores getting starts and a lot of Playing time and a year of maturity along with Jamaal returning, this is going to be a very interesting year. Tough losing Sherwood (great talent and even better competitor), but Vaughn will step up and also has talent.
Vaughn is more dynamic as a runner but not as good as a thrower, his threat to run tho will open up things downfield big time

Vaughn is more dynamic as a runner but not as good as a thrower, his threat to run tho will open up things downfield big time
I agree with you Buckeye. And having RB James back along with DJ Williams (who I think is a special talent) should be fun. Cam and the other receivers can fly also. Like a broken record - (and it seems a little unfair) it will depend on the Offensive and Defensive lines and how they develop and stay healthy.

Because if Fitch would play Mentor in a second, it would have been scheduled in week 5...I do talk to our AD. He's been trying every public in Ohio and we've scheduled Fitch in scrimmages. I'm sure he called

Mentor has been a far superior program over Fitch for the last 20 plus years. Of course you can't apply that same point as to what I said.

Massillon is about the only program on your schedule comparable to Mentor . And they dropped off after we killed them two times in a row too
Y'all killed 2 bad Massillon teams congratulations bub ???? an once Massillon got back to they old self no call from Mentor hmmmmm anyways good luck to Fitch really respect you guys!!

Y'all killed 2 bad Massillon teams congratulations bub ???? an once Massillon got back to they old self no call from Mentor hmmmmm anyways good luck to Fitch really respect you guys!!
The 2017 Massillon team made the final 4.. that wasn't a bad Massillon team ..

2016 made the playoffs and went 8-2 regular season . Certainly wasn't like you guys beating a 5-5 non playoff Mentor team in 2005.

Any evidence of no calls from Mentor ? Because I heard we called Massillon 4 years in a row after that series ended ....

You guys brag about victories over Mentor many decades ago ...

Massillon wanted home games only which is why a more desperate team like Eds took that deal.

Congrats to Fitch on your good news

Last edited:
The 2017 Massillon team made the final 4.. that wasn't a bad Massillon team ..

2016 made the playoffs and went 8-2 regular season . Certainly wasn't like you guys beating a 5-5 non playoff Mentor team in 2005.

Any evidence of no calls from Mentor ? Because I heard we called Massillon 4 years in a row after that series ended ....

You guys brag about victories over Mentor many decades ago ...

Massillon wanted home games only which is why a more desperate team like Eds took that deal.

Congrats to Fitch on your good news
??? You can't be serious? So you mean to tell me you saying that we are claiming win over mentor when you honestly just brought up y'all beat 2 bad Massillon teams? Yes 2017 we went to the final 4 but that team overachievers the 2018 Massillon tiger team was the team that was supposed to be good and they went to the state championship but unfortunately we lost a hoban that year and just as you stated what evidence do I have what evidence do you have Massillon unfortunately does not the luxury of picking who we play because we are an independent school as you know so please miss me with the other bull because obviously if mentor really wanted to play us now they would call An yes Massillon of old would not travel but that is nowhere near the case now...But my apologies to fitch for hijacking y'all thread

??? You can't be serious? So you mean to tell me you saying that we are claiming win over mentor when you honestly just brought up y'all beat 2 bad Massillon teams? Yes 2017 we went to the final 4 but that team overachievers the 2018 Massillon tiger team was the team that was supposed to be good and they went to the state championship but unfortunately we lost a hoban that year and just as you stated what evidence do I have what evidence do you have Massillon unfortunately does not the luxury of picking who we play because we are an independent school as you know so please miss me with the other bull because obviously if mentor really wanted to play us now they would call An yes Massillon of old would not travel but that is nowhere near the case now...But my apologies to fitch for hijacking y'all thread
Mentor has called Massillon. Massillon was the one who didn't continue the series after 2017.... Sorry to burst your bubble but you're wrong.

Massillon still pulls that play only in Massillon stuff on teams. They are doing that now to eds. Mentor is in a league so they aren't that desperate. We aren't playing a team away only

Mentor was average in 2016 too btw. We went 6-4 and missed the playoffs ..

And yes a final 4 team is not a bad team. You can repeat your self over and over but Massillon is the one who stopped playing Mentor.

You guys chose to shift st Vincent st Mary with those all at home of course so you could play teams like Louisville instead

Again congrats to Fitch . This guy quoted me after weeks with his bs so had to say what really happened

Last edited:
Not really sure why so many people get mad at independent schools that aren’t tied down to a league. Obviously it benefits teams to play home games and especially if you can get marquee home openers. Every school in America would do the same thing. Massillon has put Ed’s, Iggy, Pick C, and Moeller on the schedule the last several years so yeah we’re totally ducking Mentor LOL all those teams are better than Mentor.

Anyways can’t wait for another great Massillon v Fitch game in PBTS

His schtick is especially funny after the year mentor had last year when week 2 was their last win against a team with a winning record.

His schtick is especially funny after the year mentor had last year when week 2 was their last win against a team with a winning record.
Was trying to give Fitch their thread back but since you keep poking I'll respond

Massillon was called by Mentor to continue the series after 2017. You guys are the ones that went in another direction. Didn't call it ducking but you guys are the reason it didn't stay going in week 1. Your fellow Massillon fan spread a bunch of bs on here like saying Mentor didn't call so I corrected it

Yeah you guys will play some good teams. How many of those eds , Iggy, moeller etc games were away ? I mean we give those teams an away game every other year. This year will be the 18th year in a row playing Ignatius and they got a home game every other year... We played Eds 4 years in a row after Massillon stopped the series. They got 2 at home just like us

As I said , Mentor isn't desperate like those private schools to give in to Massillon. Away at Massillon only is a non starter. If you want home and homes, we are open in weeks 1 and 3 going forward because of our 7 league members and Ignatius being annual opponents.

Definitely wouldn't duck Massillon after scheduling teams like Iggy, eds, moeller , st x etc who are all better than Massillon (played them all away too)

Mentor did have a bad year last year. I don't play the games. And I don't live through the kids like you guys do. Theyve held their own though against many good programs including Massillon the last couple of decades

Last edited:
Was trying to give Fitch their thread back but since you keep poking I'll respond

Massillon was called by Mentor to continue the series after 2017. You guys are the ones that went in another direction. Didn't call it ducking but you guys are the reason it didn't stay going in week 1. Your fellow Massillon fan spread a bunch of bs on here like saying Mentor didn't call so I corrected it

Yeah you guys will play some good teams. How many of those eds , Iggy, moeller etc games were away ? I mean we give those teams an away game every other year. This year will be the 18th year in a row playing Ignatius and they got a home game every other year... We played Eds 4 years in a row after Massillon stopped the series. They got 2 at home just like us

As I said , Mentor isn't desperate like those private schools to give in to Massillon. Away at Massillon only is a non starter. If you want home and homes, we are open in weeks 1 and 3 going forward because of our 7 league members and Ignatius being annual opponents.

Definitely wouldn't duck Massillon after scheduling teams like Iggy, eds, moeller , st x etc who are all better than Massillon (played them all away too)

Mentor did have a bad year last year. I don't play the games. And I don't live through the kids like you guys do. Theyve held their own though against many good programs including Massillon the last couple of decades
Right so you just proved my point. You basically say that you don’t really care that Massillon and mentor play each other anymore because both teams have been able to fill their schedules with teams that are better than the other. So your issue is simply that Massillon is an independent and can schedule any way they want.

Right so you just proved my point. You basically say that you don’t really care that Massillon and mentor play each other anymore because both teams have been able to fill their schedules with teams that are better than the other. So your issue is simply that Massillon is an independent and can schedule any way they want.
Na we'd gladly play a public school like Massillon if it was home and home over playing private schools home and home. Ignatius is the only exception to that rule Away only is a non starter. And I explained Massillon ended it and it wasnt Mentor not calling as your buddy bs'd above.

Give Fitch their thread back. Pm me if you need more.

Mentor has called Massillon. Massillon was the one who didn't continue the series after 2017.... Sorry to burst your bubble but you're wrong.

Massillon still pulls that play only in Massillon stuff on teams. They are doing that now to eds. Mentor is in a league so they aren't that desperate. We aren't playing a team away only

Mentor was average in 2016 too btw. We went 6-4 and missed the playoffs ..

And yes a final 4 team is not a bad team. You can repeat your self over and over but Massillon is the one who stopped playing Mentor.

You guys chose to shift st Vincent st Mary with those all at home of course so you could play teams like Louisville instead

Again congrats to Fitch . This guy quoted me after weeks with his bs so had to say what really happened
?????? Yeah we stopped playing Mentor but was gonna play Bishop Gorman right? Oh yeah btw pal Massillon plays Fitch Home and Away sooooooo stop with we only play in Massillon bs bruhhhhh and if y'all not desperate then why y'all stay complaining about nobody wanting to play y'all? Make it make sense bub

?????? Yeah we stopped playing Mentor but was gonna play Bishop Gorman right? Oh yeah btw pal Massillon plays Fitch Home and Away sooooooo stop with we only play in Massillon bs bruhhhhh and if y'all not desperate then why y'all stay complaining about nobody wanting to play y'all? Make it make sense bub
I explained all of it already. You just fail to read just as you seem to fail to speak properly

You can pm me if you need more. This is the Fitch thread.

To get the thread back, I hope we have the linemen to make this machine go. Josh Fitzgerald just got an offer from YSU, so he's still getting looks. Both James and Williams have the talent to terroirize defenses, but if they get hit two yards in the backfield, their talent is not going to matter. I have faith in Vaughn, but he hasn't started, and he is going to face some pretty good teams right out of the gate. The scrimmages against Ed's and Pick C will definitely get him ready for the Vegas team. I hope we can beat Massillon this year, but if I had to put a bet on it at this time, I would have to bet against the Falcons. We just can't get it together against the Tigers. We had them on the ropes last year, but they made plays at the end of the game, and we made errors. I expect Massillon to be loaded this year. The QB was a freshman last year, so I know he's going to make serious strides this year. Massillon had a lot of younger guys playing across the board, so I expect them to really grow. I don't know if Parker is a good enough coach to pull off these upsets against teams that are going to be more talented than us like Hoban and Massillon. The offense last year was basically Sherwood making things happen. He is really doing a great job in developing these kids, but he is going to have to make a few calls to get the wins against the elite teams. We need a wrinkle or two in the offense that we can use to exploit defenses, and I just don't see anything like that in his offense.

To get the thread back, I hope we have the linemen to make this machine go. Josh Fitzgerald just got an offer from YSU, so he's still getting looks. Both James and Williams have the talent to terroirize defenses, but if they get hit two yards in the backfield, their talent is not going to matter. I have faith in Vaughn, but he hasn't started, and he is going to face some pretty good teams right out of the gate. The scrimmages against Ed's and Pick C will definitely get him ready for the Vegas team. I hope we can beat Massillon this year, but if I had to put a bet on it at this time, I would have to bet against the Falcons. We just can't get it together against the Tigers. We had them on the ropes last year, but they made plays at the end of the game, and we made errors. I expect Massillon to be loaded this year. The QB was a freshman last year, so I know he's going to make serious strides this year. Massillon had a lot of younger guys playing across the board, so I expect them to really grow. I don't know if Parker is a good enough coach to pull off these upsets against teams that are going to be more talented than us like Hoban and Massillon. The offense last year was basically Sherwood making things happen. He is really doing a great job in developing these kids, but he is going to have to make a few calls to get the wins against the elite teams. We need a wrinkle or two in the offense that we can use to exploit defenses, and I just don't see anything like that in his offense.
If you're going to get us this is the year. I personally think in '23 & '24 the Tigers are going to be really special.

I don't think anyone knows how you guys lost that game last year. You're right though a few plays here and there made the difference, (the rundown by Zentkovich may have been Massillon's play of the year). At that point in the season I don't think the better team won. Good luck to Fitch this year, hope you go 9-1.

Looking forward to this scrimmage. Eds brings a ton of size as always and Pick North should have one of their better teams. Cool to see how Fitch matches up. However if the falcons are questionable in the trenches, St Eds and Pick North will expose that quickly.

DI offers are being given out all over Falcon land. Deshawn Vaughn picked one up from Toledo. Cam Smith has committed to Iowa State, Jamel James has offers from BG and Austin Peay, Josh Fitzgerald has a lot of DII offers from the likes of Edinboro, D.J. Williams has received an offer from Toledo as well, and Brian Robinson has offers from all over the place with Virginia Tech being the latest. We have talent, but do we have the talent up front to play with the best programs? Fitzgerald is tough, and we can count on him to go both ways. The center is back but he is only around 5'11'' 225. I don't know who else will be on the interior lines.
What is Ohio State’s hesitancy on offering Robinson? Looks like the real deal to me. If I were OSU, I wouldn’t let schools like Georgia or Texas A&M get any recruiting momentum with him.

What is Ohio State’s hesitancy on offering Robinson? Looks like the real deal to me. If I were OSU, I wouldn’t let schools like Georgia or Texas A&M get any recruiting momentum with him.
He worked out at their camp, along with. DE from Cincinnati that was offered. I’m sure they want to see film of him playing at 225 compared to last year, only going into his Jr year plenty of time.

Robinson has picked up offers from Georgia and Texas A&M. Watching his workouts on Fitch's twitter you can see the growth in this kid. He's now a four star. Even though all of these big schools are offering him, I'd like to see him go to Kentucky or Pitt, possibly Notre Dame. At these schools I think he will definitely get playing time and have a good experience. There's a new kid that there is video of on Fitch's twitter: Xavier Dahn. Anybody know anything about him? Is he a transfer? He looked pretty tough.

Robinson has picked up offers from Georgia and Texas A&M. Watching his workouts on Fitch's twitter you can see the growth in this kid. He's now a four star. Even though all of these big schools are offering him, I'd like to see him go to Kentucky or Pitt, possibly Notre Dame. At these schools I think he will definitely get playing time and have a good experience. There's a new kid that there is video of on Fitch's twitter: Xavier Dahn. Anybody know anything about him? Is he a transfer? He looked pretty tough.
Started for Ursuline last year at DE, he really came on strong at the end of the year. That's definitely a big blow to the Irish. He will be a big problem for teams on the edge.

Started for Ursuline last year at DE, he really came on strong at the end of the year. That's definitely a big blow to the Irish. He will be a big problem for teams on the edge.
I'm guessing he is playing for Fitch because they highlighted him on Twitter. We needed another big D-lineman. If some of these other guys on the interior line developed over the past year, this year could be special for the Falcons.

Actually OSU did offer Robinson- he’s really not interested in the Buckeyes. This is my take on things (not putting words in his mouth) He was MVP at Michigan camp (Edge Rushers) and wants to play in the Northern climate. Saban has showed interest also and he may be visiting Alabama. But my early guess would be Michigan, but he is still a youngster and developing at a fantastic rate so things certainly may change. But looking forward to seeing him play this year.

Actually OSU did offer Robinson- he’s really not interested in the Buckeyes. This is my take on things (not putting words in his mouth) He was MVP at Michigan camp (Edge Rushers) and wants to play in the Northern climate. Saban has showed interest also and he may be visiting Alabama. But my early guess would be Michigan, but he is still a youngster and developing at a fantastic rate so things certainly may change. But looking forward to seeing him play this year.
No OSU didn’t offer, I follow OSU recruiting to the T. Alabama has had contact in fact Wolford made the visit to Austintown but they haven’t offered as of yet.

The offense is up tempo and constantly driving the ball down the field and taking one on one shots. This is so inaccurate.