Cincinnati Jobs

Not upset just find it kind of amusing when someone says someting thats toatally false and others jump on and soon its fact???? On West Clermont I'm not in the loop as much but know he was at first going to just finish up 3 years teaching and retire with 21 years coaching at Amelia. After really looking into it told higher ups 3 years and done. Once again for the experts teachers can retire at 35 years with good/full retirement benifits. You Experts, retiring at 35 years and and 21 years head coaching at Amelia and 3 at WC is NOT running away because talent dryed up. Its called retirement. And for the complete clown who said the kast 2 coaches at WC were bad????????????? Check the record I looked it up 3 year WC record shows 15,17, and 16 wins more than any other team in ECC at that time. On top of that 3rd ,1st and 2nd place league finishes. 2 bad coaches???? Just some more facts. Before the experts chime in and say how much better it should have been ,save some time. The great 6'11 D1 center who averaged lass than 10 pts. agame for his career is out at Miami never played and is in the tranfer portal looking at D3 schools. Just some more facts. Can look all up but easier for some to just go with what heard , usually a parent of kid who sucked or got cut.

Not upset just find it kind of amusing when someone says someting thats toatally false and others jump on and soon its fact???? On West Clermont I'm not in the loop as much but know he was at first going to just finish up 3 years teaching and retire with 21 years coaching at Amelia. After really looking into it told higher ups 3 years and done. Once again for the experts teachers can retire at 35 years with good/full retirement benifits. You Experts, retiring at 35 years and and 21 years head coaching at Amelia and 3 at WC is NOT running away because talent dryed up. Its called retirement. And for the complete clown who said the kast 2 coaches at WC were bad????????????? Check the record I looked it up 3 year WC record shows 15,17, and 16 wins more than any other team in ECC at that time. On top of that 3rd ,1st and 2nd place league finishes. 2 bad coaches???? Just some more facts. Before the experts chime in and say how much better it should have been ,save some time. The great 6'11 D1 center who averaged lass than 10 pts. agame for his career is out at Miami never played and is in the tranfer portal looking at D3 schools. Just some more facts. Can look all up but easier for some to just go with what heard , usually a parent of kid who sucked or got cut.
Maz did a good job with the talent he had but he completely screwed over the future of the program. He made it clear he didn't care about any of the kids he knew he would never coach.

Unbelievable, here we go again. lets try some more facts. He fought to end for middle school to have A B teams not mix told them 100% that would lead to major problems. He knew this and still tried all he could. When word came out of this younger coaches he had lined up bolted away and they were left with daddy ball or poor coaches. On top of that 4-5 players/families of very good players left the district and some that stayed became so upset at the losing and they got out of basketball. Mazzaro also had some fine 9th grade coaches lined up but was told who to bring in. When those coaches were run out same thing happen had great young coaches ready to hire and 2 more times told NO do this. During summer the younger kids went to shootouts and team camp in June. Because of the mess in Middle School many chose not to attend the poor coaches he was forced to hire including one who (couln't make it in summer???) did little to help. He still did all pre season September/October with the younger kids (coaches maybe there)and scheduled a full slate of scrimmages and practices while getting ready for a varsity season. When the games got under way was TOLD "to let Frosh coach do whatever and no sense messing with them" This is no way to run a program and tried to fix that but no go. Even with that last year tried all he could to help younger kids. One thing I know he tried was to bring 1-2 of better players up to practice. He did this all the time felt it really pushed their develpoment. Unfortanately some of them were too soft ,lazy or figured he wasn't going to be coach thet didn't even want to come up. Same with dressing guys for Varsity games. Facts are facts nothing he did or tried at least screwed over the program. The only thing that scewed that program up was complete lack of player developement do to poor coaching at 7-8-9 levels. And some players who were playing would not have played if those players had never bolted in 7th grade. Not to mention just not a lot of talent. Check their records while they were playing on those younger teams TERRIBLE. Just the facts again

Unbelievable, here we go again. lets try some more facts. He fought to end for middle school to have A B teams not mix told them 100% that would lead to major problems. He knew this and still tried all he could. When word came out of this younger coaches he had lined up bolted away and they were left with daddy ball or poor coaches. On top of that 4-5 players/families of very good players left the district and some that stayed became so upset at the losing and they got out of basketball. Mazzaro also had some fine 9th grade coaches lined up but was told who to bring in. When those coaches were run out same thing happen had great young coaches ready to hire and 2 more times told NO do this. During summer the younger kids went to shootouts and team camp in June. Because of the mess in Middle School many chose not to attend the poor coaches he was forced to hire including one who (couln't make it in summer???) did little to help. He still did all pre season September/October with the younger kids (coaches maybe there)and scheduled a full slate of scrimmages and practices while getting ready for a varsity season. When the games got under way was TOLD "to let Frosh coach do whatever and no sense messing with them" This is no way to run a program and tried to fix that but no go. Even with that last year tried all he could to help younger kids. One thing I know he tried was to bring 1-2 of better players up to practice. He did this all the time felt it really pushed their develpoment. Unfortanately some of them were too soft ,lazy or figured he wasn't going to be coach thet didn't even want to come up. Same with dressing guys for Varsity games. Facts are facts nothing he did or tried at least screwed over the program. The only thing that scewed that program up was complete lack of player developement do to poor coaching at 7-8-9 levels. And some players who were playing would not have played if those players had never bolted in 7th grade. Not to mention just not a lot of talent. Check their records while they were playing on those younger teams TERRIBLE. Just the facts again
You'll forgive me if I take the word of people I know and trust over some sycophant on the Internet.

All you clowns on here that got all answers in coaching are a great comedy. Think you got all answers but most time NO CLUE!! I tried months ago to give some facts, but why let that get in way of your expertise. As for Mazzaro let me try again with some facts. You experts keep saying he left whenever talent dried up. 100% wrong (as usual). Let me try this again. Dude took over one of worst programs in city back in 1992. My sons were part of early years so I know some , unlike the other experts. After one year complete rebuild. I saw what it took and trust me it was more than anyone could imagine. Saw first hand a coach that did more than most other would do. He personally paid assistants, had no athletic trainer,no budget so had to buy practice gear and many other needed materials ,had to fix gym buy nets/rims clean floors and many more. He had very little help. This went on after my sons had left. After 7-8 years of all winning seasons in very tough leagues, here are the real FACTS of why he left. After each year threre would be the standard meeting with higher ups where he would explain what was needed ect. at the end of each he was told YES will get all done, but when time came he was told can"t do it. Finally after 7th year was told 100% all done. Go hire coaches get whats needed. After doing many of things to get the program up to minimum of what all other teams, they came to him in September of that year and said once again NO can"t' do any of it and Mazzaro said thats it. Check the records and you will see that West Clermont the following year instuted many of the changes that he said were needed. The main one being paid ast. coaches for all sports. Being flat lied to one more time was Reason He Left. MORE FACTS!! The team he left won 14 and 12 games and the first one was probably one of best ever there. I followed some and knew one ast. coach. Quotes he told me "this coach does nothing except role out ball" and" if Mazz here we win 18 and 15 games. " That really doesn"t go with runs out when talent drys up DOE IT??. Hope this clears up situation but some people never let facts get in way of an opinion.I'll get back and give you some other years FACTS also.I followed program but not as closely , but still know the FACTS of 2 other years too. Hope this clears up some WRONG OPINIONS.
I've stayed above the fray on this matter and really don't care who the head coach is, but since you are listed as a new member I'll chalk up your 500-word-or-so rant, including calling people "clowns", as a rookie mistake. You used the word "facts" four times. Until you can provide documentation your post is just an opinion.

Does anyone else find this job posting humurous?

Assistant Boys Basketball Coaches
West Clermont High School (Cincinnati, Division I).
Please send your resume to: James Collins
Collins_j@my.westcler.org
Kurt, the West Clermont Athletic Department zoomed past humorous a long long time ago.....This OBC dude, who obviously knows what coaches are up against over there, has tried to give folks some insight into how that department has operated and he got clubbed like a baby seal on here. This is way more than one coach in one sport. We've run out of ways to say dysfunctional.

Kurt, the West Clermont Athletic Department zoomed past humorous a long long time ago.....This OBC dude, who obviously knows what coaches are up against over there, has tried to give folks some insight into how that department has operated and he got clubbed like a baby seal on here. This is way more than one coach in one sport. We've run out of ways to say dysfunctional.
The level of dysfunction at WC is so sad it’s funny

The level of dysfunction at WC is so sad it’s funny
West Clermont --3-19-- 35.3 ppg (Sanders 16.8, Stahl 9.4, Hall 3.6, Hubbard 3.6, Bingham 1.9)

WC has some talent returning that can get them above the bottom 3 in the ECC IMO---I know of a 9 year head coach in the area that left a message for the WC AD back in late March---and the AD never returned the call back when they were still not interviewing as of yet. It now appears they are down to appealing for "Assistant Coaches" and honestly I hope they secure a rising newcomer that can also teach in the building if that is part of their "search" requirement.

West Clermont --3-19-- 35.3 ppg (Sanders 16.8, Stahl 9.4, Hall 3.6, Hubbard 3.6, Bingham 1.9)

WC has some talent returning that can get them above the bottom 3 in the ECC IMO---I know of a 9 year head coach in the area that left a message for the WC AD back in late March---and the AD never returned the call back when they were still not interviewing as of yet. It now appears they are down to appealing for "Assistant Coaches" and honestly I hope they secure a rising newcomer that can also teach in the building if that is part of their "search" requirement.
If the head coach is associated with you, West Clermont doesn't want them. You're the guy that tonight Tommy the clown was a good hire.

It will be very hard to hire a Head Coach or Assistants if they don’t return phone calls or messages to those who are actually interested. Please tell us about 3-19 and returning talent. The guy averaging 1.9 points per game has a lot of talent? I personally think it’s officially time for a new AD at WC

It will be very hard to hire a Head Coach or Assistants if they don’t return phone calls or messages to those who are actually interested. Please tell us about 3-19 and returning talent. The guy averaging 1.9 points per game has a lot of talent? I personally think it’s officially time for a new AD at WC
thought i saw chris henrys kids were moving to wc......them plus sanders isnt all that bad....at least in theory...

Doesn’t matter. If they want to keep his brother at Walnut for the next two years, they will hire him.
They won't have to hire Coach McGlothin to keep his younger brother at Walnut. I'm sure he will be one of a group of excellent candidates for the job though. I think McKinley likes his academic and athletic situation at Walnut and would be surprised if he left

Last edited:
Walnut Hills always operated differently from other CPS Schools on many things.
Always for Walnut Hills dates back to 1895. Before the emergence of, Dater, Gamble, Shroder and Oyler (all of which were once junior high schools) plus Clark, SCPA, Riverview East, Spencer, (and Virtual and Lighthouse) there were SIX CPS high schools . (Seven before Courter Tech {nee Central Vocational} became Cincinnati State. Central and Walnut were the only one that could draw from the entire city. And Walnut actually had academic standards that had to be met before being admitted. In that era Walnut's student body was the smallest of the CPS high schools. That equated to generally being at or near the bottom of the football and basketball standings. My recollection is that CPS head coaches were not fired because they had losing teams. It may have been a tenure or CPS policy matter. I recall several coaches moving from other CPS schools to Walnut.
One that comes to mind is the late Jack "Bear" Campbell who won a few league football championships at Woodward. It wasn't a convenience thing because he lived on the west side of the county. I'd like to think he made the move rather late in his career so could coach a smaller, "smarter" talent pool and not have to put up with the crap at Reading & Seymour. The late Tom Sharp and Art Paul are two more coaches who made the Woodward-to-Walnut move. I sense they were morphing into retirement and the school--at that time--provided a soft landing spot.

Always for Walnut Hills dates back to 1895. Before the emergence of, Dater, Gamble, Shroder and Oyler (all of which were once junior high schools) plus Clark, SCPA, Riverview East, Spencer, (and Virtual and Lighthouse) there were SIX CPS high schools . (Seven before Courter Tech {nee Central Vocational} became Cincinnati State. Central and Walnut were the only one that could draw from the entire city. And Walnut actually had academic standards that had to be met before being admitted. In that era Walnut's student body was the smallest of the CPS high schools. That equated to generally being at or near the bottom of the football and basketball standings. My recollection is that CPS head coaches were not fired because they had losing teams. It may have been a tenure or CPS policy matter. I recall several coaches moving from other CPS schools to Walnut.
One that comes to mind is the late Jack "Bear" Campbell who won a few league football championships at Woodward. It wasn't a convenience thing because he lived on the west side of the county. I'd like to think he made the move rather late in his career so could coach a smaller, "smarter" talent pool and not have to put up with the crap at Reading & Seymour. The late Tom Sharp and Art Paul are two more coaches who made the Woodward-to-Walnut move. I sense they were morphing into retirement and the school--at that time--provided a soft landing spot.
Walnut also had an issue 5-10 years ago bringing in MANY players who did NOT pass the test; they let them take the online school at another location, then were allowed to go to walnut for practice every day. The principal and AD both moved on quickly after this was found out.

A friend of mine(for Walnut grad from early 80s, I'd say) took a former PROMINENT Walnut Basketball player to lunch when he ran into him at the college he was playing at. They were talking, and the kid told him "Huh? We didn't have to take this class or that class, etc" Not all Walnut degrees are the same anymore; Walnut had been in a mercenary period of athletics; even in football; and if you recall, their new hot shot coach got forced out due to some past issues, as well...Walnut trying to get around the system to bring in whom they want, players or coaches.

Bethel-Tate hired Tom Jutze as their boys basketball coach, according to their board meeting minutes from tonight.
Good for him! So Jutze can be run out, and find another job, and have it be announced, before West Clermont can announce a coach!

I am assuming WC has hired a coach, which is why they are now looking for assistants. Most likely waiting for board approval on the HC, and keeping who it is on the down low until approved.

I am assuming WC has hired a coach, which is why they are now looking for assistants. Most likely waiting for board approval on the HC, and keeping who it is on the down low until approved.
That's probably true but Kurt never let facts get in the way of taking a cheap shot at West Clermont.

Good for him! So Jutze can be run out, and find another job, and have it be announced, before West Clermont can announce a coach!
I was never the world's biggest Tom Jutze fan, dating back to his time at Glen-Este. That being said, everybody in town knows what he was up against at West Clermont. I hope going forward Vickers is allowed to run his program from 7th grade on up in a professional manner, otherwise it's just Groundhog day on Clough Pike.....