Restaurant chains that are no more

Manners Big Boy, and Kenny Kings fried chicken.

Lots of west suburbs folks went to Carrie Cirino's for a wedding reception or a meal at least once. It's gone now too.

slightly off topic, but it was on a work trip to Illinois about 15 years ago that I learned that not all Big Boy's are Frisch's, and thus they don't all have the same menu.

There's a Big Boy on the Indiana/Illinois border that uses a homemade thousand island dressing instead of tartar sauce.

1648035555184.png

slightly off topic, but it was on a work trip to Illinois about 15 years ago that I learned that not all Big Boy's are Frisch's, and thus they don't all have the same menu.

There's a Big Boy on the Indiana/Illinois border that uses a homemade thousand island dressing instead of tartar sauce.
I think the one in Valley View (NEO)at the bottom of Granger hill and Canal Rd is a Bob's Big Boy. Still has that chubby little bugger out front for photo ops.

For those that care -some LK restaurants had Motels with them.

:>---

SF
That damn LK Restaurant jingle has been bouncing around in my head this week!

I remember the burger bar at the Burger Chef on Market Street in Akron. There's a Circle K there now. Burger Chef was in a Mad Men episode with Don Draper coming up with their marketing strategy.

20a4f2a9-c43d-4a48-9fc4-972eec39f586-Burger_Chef_1962.jpg

I also remember the Red Barns in the Akron area.

7a45cdef-1aae-45f8-80d4-863d9871a95e-Red_Barn_1963.jpg

The hoop drive in was one of the main reasons Lorain got one of the first McDonald's in Ohio. I remember my normal order 3 hamburgers 2 fries and a coke and get change back form a dollar. I also remember when they add the sign that they had sold 1 million burgers company wide.