Marlington Dukes Head Coach

I heard they picked someone … and what I am hearing (not confirmed) it is a name people will know … should be announced soon … if I get confirmation I will say who it is then.

I think the Dukes hired Phil Mauro last night to be the new football coach.
that was a name i thought might get that job after he left fairview after one year. Interesting to say the least. Maybe he stays there longer than he has in other jobs lately because he is closer to his kids???? But who knows.

A new game for Christmas.....Where is Phil Mauro at today!...lol
Where%27s+Waldo+Cardboard+Standup.jpg

How does this guy still get hired anywhere?

Isn't Mauro the guy who got a tattoo of the logo on one of the schools he coached at to prove that he wasn't going to leave, and then ended up leaving for their archrival?
Understood, but it is not like any loyalty is given in return. They typically sign one-year contracts and deal with tenuous relationships with parents/boards.

How does this guy still get hired anywhere?

Isn't Mauro the guy who got a tattoo of the logo on one of the schools he coached at to prove that he wasn't going to leave, and then ended up leaving for their archrival?
Totally false. He got tattoos on 2 different occasions after leading teams to the playoffs. He has alot of success at Jackson.

He is a good coach … and Marlington did not have a lot of choices due to up coming financial situation … and no teaching jobs.

At this time next year....

"I'd like to explore options to get closer to my family" Phil Mauro

I honestly don't see how anyone could take a chance on this guy at this point. It's his ninth job since 2010. I don't know you could call it a slam dunk if you are an athletic director.

At this time next year....

"I'd like to explore options to get closer to my family" Phil Mauro

I honestly don't see how anyone could take a chance on this guy at this point. It's his ninth job since 2010. I don't know you could call it a slam dunk if you are an athletic director.
Marlington doesn’t have much coming back or coming up either. The well is dry for a few years.

He got a tattoo.....after a 4-6, one and down season from Mount Gilead.......a big interlocking MG on his calf....along with his other schools he was so dedicated to ?‍♂️

Mark my words. Next year or the year after he will resigned saying he needs to be “closer with his family”. How any AD can hire this guy that wants a successful football program is a total crock of ****

Mark my words. Next year or the year after he will resigned saying he needs to be “closer with his family”. How any AD can hire this guy that wants a successful football program is a total crock of ****
Couldn’t agree more, isn’t that what he did at Carrollton? and late in the game..

Couldn’t agree more, isn’t that what he did at Carrollton? and late in the game..
And look what Carrollton has done after the fact…they found a successful head coach that has brought his program and culture and now have a solid identity into the league. Carrollton has tough hard nosed kids. They have always had those type of kids.

View attachment 37462

Phil moving along again......?? Probably to be closer to family
who would have guessed 1 and done. I hope there is not a serious issue as to why he is apparently done after one year.

However if there is not a serious issue, I'm sorry but I know many in stark County revere this guy, but he needs to quit doing this to schools. Just retire and enjoy your grandkids if that's what all his moving around is about

Time for the Dukes to give a young guy a shot, they have a lot of young guys returning. I don’t know who would want this job with that schedule, but would love to see them return to glory