Dover Basketball 2021-22

I know it’s a week or two away, but does anyone know how the OVAC tourney works? It looks like Dover lists 3 possible rounds on their schedule, so are they grouped with 7 other schools? I’m guessing the 7 biggest (Dover, Phila, Wheeling Park, Steubenville, etc.) are grouped together? I can’t find much, other than that it’s at Harrison Central, and was cancelled last year.

Phila does have a nice end of the year schedule playing Steubenville Mansfield,Ashland,Hoover and Wooster. A side note for tonight’s game,The announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers will be calling the game on WJER.

Dover 47 new phila 38
Packed house saw a rough and tumble game. Dover with some hot shooting and stellar defense in the 2nd half.

Anyone else catch the transfer from strasburg #0 walk off the court after the game? Didn’t even celebrate, hopefully he dont quit
I felt for Joey. He is getting the raw end of the deal this year. He showed his class by shaking all the NP kids hands then walked off. I’m sure he was embarrassed after the way BVK has handled him all season.

Don’t know him. Hopefully this works out. When you go to Dover, you’ll be a role player for at least a year. If winning and playing a role is not what you want, then you probably shouldn’t go to Dover. Great win tonight.

I feel for him. Maybe it’s bad, but when you play for the best team in the eastern district forever , you have to trust a HOF coach and an incredible program. Transferring doesn’t always work out. Good luck young man.

I feel for him. Maybe it’s bad, but when you play for the best team in the eastern district forever , you have to trust a HOF coach and an incredible program. Transferring doesn’t always work out. Good luck young man.
And when they lose in the tourney and complain about losing to schools that are bigger and more athletic than us, we have our best athlete sitting on the bench…you only have yourself to blame Bob. Develop the kid, especially since you were the one pushing hardest to get him into your program. Funny that Joey came to Dover to be the basketball star and has shined in football and track instead.

And when they lose in the tourney and complain about losing to schools that are bigger and more athletic than us, we have our best athlete sitting on the bench…you only have yourself to blame Bob. Develop the kid, especially since you were the one pushing hardest to get him into your program. Funny that Joey came to Dover to be the basketball star and has shined in football and track instead.
And when Dover goes in the tournament and plays in the tournament against teams that have up to 3 times as many boys in there school as Dover has where is the level playing field. Yes he is a good all around athlete. But some were along the line he did not develop in basketball like he did in football and track. And how can you say that about Bobby V. the guy and his program Wins.

So explosive! They rack up points in a hurry and so many are off turnovers caused by their defense. Hope they keep peaking heading into the tourney!

Next Tuesday Dover will host a semi final game of the OVAC tournament if they win they will play in the championship game Saturday at Harrison central.
Next game is Saturday at a good Tr Valley team.

Next Tuesday Dover will host a semi final game of the OVAC tournament if they win they will play in the championship game Saturday at Harrison central.
Next game is Saturday at a good Tr Valley team.

I believe I heard that they will play Brooke in the semifinal. Not sure who the other two teams are.

Edit: actually it looks like they play University at home on Tuesday.

Last edited:
I believe I heard that they will play Brooke in the semifinal. Not sure who the other two teams are.

Edit: actually it looks like they play University at home on Tuesday.
Dang, if it ends up being University that is a 150 mile trip on a school night.
Ironically they won the OVAC in Dover’s division in football because they went 10-0 opposed to Dover’s 9-0