Second Deepest Weight (Top 35)
D1: 165
D2: 132
D3: 190

Tied for Third Deepest Weight (Top 30)
D1: 120, 126, 138, 144, 175
D2: 106, 120, 126, 190, 285
D3: 106, 144, 150, 165, 215

I know this seems like a bit much, but it makes my job easier in next weeks expansion to the Top 30.

New #1’s
D1 285: Ries (Wadsworth) knocks off previous #1 Fockler (Massillon Perry) to claim the top spot.

D3 132: Long (Wayne Trace) dropped down from 138 and becomes the new #1.

If you have any weight changes/questions/suggestions/etc. please Email me at Borofanohio@gmail.com or PM me on here.

As always, I will make changes all day Wednesday (if needed) and I will post them here:
D1: 126, 157, 165, 175
D2: 126, 132, 165
D3: 144, 150, 215
I made a couple late changes at D1 157 and D3 157 due to numbering issues (there was no #8 in D1 and I had two #13s and two #14s

I didn't receive any results yet for the following events from Tonight/Tuesday:
Tri: Bidwell River Valley/Athens/Alexander
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Next Update: February 1 (Top 30)

Thanks to whoever has been clicking (y)

Last edited:

www.borofanohio.net

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/borofan_oh_wrst

Deepest Weight (Top 40)
D1: 132
D2: 144
D3: 285

I know this seems like a bit much, but it makes my job easier in next weeks expansion to the Top 30.

New #1’s
D1 285: Ries (Wadsworth) knocks off previous #1 Fockler (Massillon Perry) to claim the top spot.

If you have any weight changes/questions/suggestions/etc. please Email me at Borofanohio@gmail.com or PM me on here.

As always, I will make changes all day Wednesday (if needed) and I will post them here:
D1: 157, 165
D2: 126, 165
D3:

Tonight/Tuesday
Dual: Tinora vs Liberty Center

Just curious about Div 1 @ 126. You have Dalessandra ranked above Brugh, Jett, and Frye. I think both Frye and Jett beat Brugh. Has Dalessandra beaten all three. I think the other three all placed at state last year. Thanks!

Just curious about Div 1 @ 126. You have Dalessandra ranked above Brugh, Jett, and Frye. I think both Frye and Jett beat Brugh. Has Dalessandra beaten all three. I think the other three all placed at state last year. Thanks!
Brugh should be behind Jett (should have been last week too). It will be corrected ASAP. Jett and others on down all have a loss to someone ranked in the group, while D’Alessandro doesn’t have a loss to anyone in the bunch (unless I’m missing something).

www.borofanohio.net

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/borofan_oh_wrst

Deepest Weight (Top 40)
D1: 132
D2: 144
D3: 285

New #1’s

D1: 157, 165
D2: 126, 165
D3:

Tonight/Tuesday

Who beat JR Reed @ 165?

Brugh should be behind Jett (should have been last week too). It will be corrected ASAP. Jett and others on down all have a loss to someone ranked in the group, while D’Alessandro doesn’t have a loss to anyone in the bunch (unless I’m missing something).
With all due respect, who has D'Alessandro beaten? That might be more important than who Brugh or Jett has lost to. Especially when you look at who placed where in Columbus last year, just an opinion.

Jett has not lost to a rank wrestler in Ohio this year his only two losses were at Ironman and the losses were to Kannon Webster and Nick O’Neil?

Jett has not lost to a rank wrestler in Ohio this year his only two losses were at Ironman and the losses were to Kannon Webster and Nick O’Neil?
Jett has previous losses to Brugh and Goebel, not this year but previously.

With all due respect, who has D'Alessandro beaten? That might be more important than who Brugh or Jett has lost to. Especially when you look at who placed where in Columbus last year, just an opinion.
D’Alessandro’s only head to head match against anyone in the group to my knowledge is a win over Acuna (Acuna has beaten Goebel, Goebel has split with Jett within the past 12 months).D’Alessandro didn’t place last year, but he lost to Rosselli and Avalos (both are ranked #2 at 113 and 120). He also beat Joy last year who is ranked #1 at 120.

As always, great stuff Borofan - Valid point Dion...almost like factoring in strength of schedule (cuz Boro has tons of free time :) ) There are a couple of weight classes where this exists. Prior year wins are just not enough to hold some ranking in place (when no head to head exists).

Question at D2 113, who has Ducat beat to be climbing the ladder? I looked at results on Jakes and dont see any major D1 or D2 wins with big losses to Twigg.

Tonight/Tuesday
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Tinora withdrew from the tri-meet with Liberty Center/Wayne Trace due to illnesses going through the team.

Question at D2 113, who has Ducat beat to be climbing the ladder? I looked at results on Jakes and dont see any major D1 or D2 wins with big losses to Twigg.
He has been ranked #10 or #11 for the past several weeks, so I wouldn't say he is climbing the ladder, but here are his best wins so far:
D2 #10 (106) Ta.Hisey from St. Mary's Memorial
D2 #17 Bohls from Napoleon x2 (once by major decision)
D2 #18 Jones from Ashland (by major decision)
D3 #10 R.Hanefeld from Delta

His only questionable/bad losses are to D1 #18 Santoro (Mayfield) twice. Santoro was ranked in the Top 10 before he was upset by McCaa (Newark) at Maumee Bay. Ducat's losses to Santoro is the main reason why he isn't ranked higher (in Top 10).

Last edited:
Watched a good match at 190 tonight between D3 #3 Sapp of southeast & D3 #2 Knight of mogadore. Sapp got the win, 5-4, and was in control most of the match. Had 2 take downs and an escape while Knight got his points on 3 escapes and a penalty for cautions for hand placement in up position. Shots were 4-0 in favor of Sapp.

Watched a good match at 190 tonight between D3 #3 Sapp of southeast & D3 #2 Knight of mogadore. Sapp got the win, 5-4, and was in control most of the match. Had 2 take downs and an escape while Knight got his points on 3 escapes and a penalty for cautions for hand placement in up position. Shots were 4-0 in favor of Sapp.
Both are great wrestlers. Not a bad showing for Knight for only be on the mat a little over a week.

Great article in Akron Beacon Journal on Tyler Lillard​

Epilepsy, tumor no match for projected high school wrestling champ Tyler Lillard of Aurora​

Brad Bournival
Akron Beacon Journal

When Tyler Lillard was 8, doctors discovered a tumor on his optic nerve, which led to numerous surgical procedures and concern that he may lose his vision. Today, Tyler is the state's top-ranked wrestler in his weight class (165) and has committed to wrestle in the Big Ten for Indiana University.

Tyler Lillard walks through the halls of Aurora High School and his peers can’t help but smile.