2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Bless Em All

Time to talk 2022 TRC Football. 2021 was a successful season for the TRC.
Riverside and Milton return a good core of starters to their '22 teams.
Let's get the conversation started...

My observations based on looking at the rosters on the TRC website. I'm quite certain I am wrong on a few of these. I'm also certain everyone will correct me where I am! ;)

Milton-Union loses the least. None of their 15 1st or 2nd team all-league players were seniors. They lose 2 starters on offense (OL and 2nd RB) and 2 on D (OLB and Corner)

Riverside I think loses 3 OL? plus their 2 best receivers. QB and RB both return. On D I believe they return 8 starters. correct me Riverside guys if I'm wrong, but I think if they find guys to catch the ball they will be tough again.

Northridge loses Turpin and Holmes, plus a WR and a bunch of linemen. Henry and Marcus Tyree are tough though. Good duo to build around.

TC loses a bunch. I think they return their QB and 2 OT's on O? (help me out yak, am I forgetting someone?). And the younger kids didn't get reps because they didn't play JV (correct?) probably a rebuild year.

Miami East loses Francis for starters. Also Wittenmyer and Rose, but not too many to overcome. I think Ritchea and Roethe lead their 2022 resurgence.

Covington is a tough one. They lose their best players (Wagoner and Sindelir), but they had to play soooo many young kids. I think they get better and coach gets higher numbers out in 2022.

Lehman loses McFarland, which is a huge loss, but returns O'Leary. I think they build around him. They big question here is obviously coach. This hire could really help or hurt.

Bethel loses Reittinger, Wise and 3 linemen. I am not sure what they need to do to improve, but I don't see them getting better on their current path. Changing their non-league schedule would be my first step.

How Riverside’s season goes, is based on how hard they work in the off-season. They’re aren’t 5 starting lineman on the team right now, someone is gonna have to take a step to become one.

I have to think next year that MU dominates everyone again. They are in an upcycle and that means this whole team, basically, comes back. I believe Riverside will be the challenger again, but they have to travel to West Milton in week 10.
Milton's big games will likely be away vs Valley View and home vs Oakwood.
Riverside will be a tough game, no doubt. I think Milton should finish 10-0 next year. Valley View will be the pivotal game that decides if the Dogs can break that long streak without an undefeated regular season. 1982 was the last year. I'm thinking 40 years is long enough.
I'll say Milton beats Valley View and everyone else next year on their way to a Regional Championship at the very minimum. If we are d5, there will be an eventual matchup vs old SRC foe Versailles in the playoffs.

I have to think next year that MU dominates everyone again. They are in an upcycle and that means this whole team, basically, comes back. I believe Riverside will be the challenger again, but they have to travel to West Milton in week 10.
Milton's big games will likely be away vs Valley View and home vs Oakwood.
Riverside will be a tough game, no doubt. I think Milton should finish 10-0 next year. Valley View will be the pivotal game that decides if the Dogs can break that long streak without an undefeated regular season. 1982 was the last year. I'm thinking 40 years is long enough.
I'll say Milton beats Valley View and everyone else next year on their way to a Regional Championship at the very minimum. If we are d5, there will be an eventual matchup vs old SRC foe Versailles in the playoffs.
Versailles could very well go down to Div. 6. Only have 40 boys in 10th grade.

Riverside will have to get to work for sure, but from what I hear, they lift hard. Plus, a lot of young guys got a lot of reps. Should be a fun season of youth for the Pirates. I think they have the talent and work ethic to make some stuff happen. biggest TRC question mark for me is TC..Losing half their team to graduations..no JV..no JH.

That has to be a question answered. TC is able to recruit but I don't know how much they do.
Lehman and Troy Christian seem to be in the same boat. Numbers will dictate to this conference more than most conferences.

That has to be a question answered. TC is able to recruit but I don't know how much they do.
Lehman and Troy Christian seem to be in the same boat. Numbers will dictate to this conference more than most conferences.
I'm very concerned about the future of Lehman and TC programs from a numbers standpoint.

Those closely tied to the programs could speak to this but I imagine most will wait until its deemed "unsafe" to continue with 12-15 players before anything is really done about the situation. I hope both schools can keep numbers in the mid 20's, that would at least make for competitive games between themselves, Bethel and possibly Covington.

East looks poised to get back above average.

Early 2022 league rankings with 0-10 confidence numerical indicator:

1- Milton Union. 10
2- Northridge. 5
3- Riverside. 6
4- Miami East 8
5-Covington. 8
6-Bethel. 1
7-Lehman 7
8- TC. 9

As for the league overall, I think the difficulty is still in what happens with Miami East, Covington, and TC. The overall depth of the league depends on them. MU will be strong once again returning so many quality players from an already quality team. Riverside looks to be in a good situation with returning enough. It's disheartening to hear ME and Covington lose so much on teams that already struggled terribly. That's not necessarily the recipe for quick rebounds back to their competitive programs. ME is a bit of a facade record wise in 2021 sitting at 4-6. Those 4 wins came to teams with a total of 3 wins. Bethel and Lehman are two teams that I won't expect a lot from until further notice. They might be in two very different situations. LC is hurting for numbers in general and seem on the decline overall. Bethel is in growth mode as a community but we have yet to see that be reflected on the football field. Similar to this year, Northridge will be the wild card. 2021 was a season of great success for the Bears. It's an opportunity to grow on that in 2022. If they can start to stack competitive seasons together, they'll be a great asset to the league. Troy Christian would be my second wild card. They have a solid coach. I'm not completely ready to cast them down the list. They may be weaker than in 2021, but still should have enough to be towards the middle of the pack. My very, VERY early, prediction would be:

1. Milton Union
2. Northridge
3. Riverside
4. Miami East
5. Troy Christian
6. Covington
7. Bethel
8. Lehman Catholic

An also important question for the league as a whole, who will everyone play in the OOC? Will the bottom few teams at least play teams they can compete with? If Northridge had pulled out 1 or both of their OOC losses, they would've hosted a playoff game in 2021. Often the OOC success of the bottom half of a league influences the top half of the league when it comes to computer points.

I know Milton is trying to upgrade the week 1 opponent. They changed scrimmages to Greeneview and Brookville, I believe.
Valley View will be their litmus test. The travel to Germantown and playing them there, is a huge test. Oakwood will also be tough but that's at home.
Riverside will be the Dogs only test in the TRC. It sounds bad but I don't see the margins getting closer next year.
I think Milton is looking at a big upgrade in week 1, if they can make it happen. I'd like to see Ft.Loramie, Brookville, Or Eaton in week 1.

1. Milton Union
2. Riverside
3. Northridge
4. Miami East
5. Covington
6. Troy Christan
7. Lehman
8. Bethel

Shawnee has never been a football school. This, to me, is the start of a better program there. Problem will be finding another lineman that can morph into a back.
No doubt they were very good this year. I feel that MU would've beat them but it would've been a good game.
The TRC would likely never go outside outside of a certain area to pull a school in. Shawnee is in a great position with the WOAC, Minster would never leave the MAC, Greenon is almost too far out. I still think eventually Fort Loramie joins the TRC along with Brookville.
North and East would be the likely move for additional teams into the TRC.

Bump.

Thoughts on 2022 outcome:
1. MU 10-0 loaded with 95% of 2021 team back.
2. Riverside 8-2 many returning starters back from a really good team.
3. Miami East 6-4 bringing back some young talent. Could shock everyone.
4. Northridge 5-5. Loss many starters. Will struggle.
5. Troy Christan. 4-6 losing most of their starters.
6. Covington 3-7 bringing back some young starters.
7. Bethel 1-9 cupboards aren't bare but the culture isn't one to create winning.
8. Lehman. 0-10. Will they have a team? Numbers are horrible. New coach. It will be interesting.

I know Milton is trying to upgrade the week 1 opponent. They changed scrimmages to Greeneview and Brookville, I believe.
Valley View will be their litmus test. The travel to Germantown and playing them there, is a huge test. Oakwood will also be tough but that's at home.
Riverside will be the Dogs only test in the TRC. It sounds bad but I don't see the margins getting closer next year.
I think Milton is looking at a big upgrade in week 1, if they can make it happen. I'd like to see Ft.Loramie, Brookville, Or Eaton in week 1.

1. Milton Union
2. Riverside
3. Northridge
4. Miami East
5. Covington
6. Troy Christan
7. Lehman
8. Bethel
Greeneview vs Milton will be a very competitive early season scrimmage for both squads.

1. Milton Union
2. Riverside
3. Northridge
4. Miami East
5. Covington
6. Troy Christan
7. Lehman
8. Bethel
Loramie will play Minster week one forever unless their lucky day comes calling with a MAC invite. Brookville would be a good one. I think Eaton always plays Greenville week 1.

TRC expansion is several years away. It won't include teams that far away. Likely north of 70.
Brookville I would think would be a sure lock when expansion comes calling. Question is can they find a 10th or would Lehman close its doors 1st?

Greenon wouldn't be a bad option as mentioned already. Maybe Springfield Northwestern?

Brookville I would think would be a sure lock when expansion comes calling. Question is can they find a 10th or would Lehman close its doors 1st?

Greenon wouldn't be a bad option as mentioned already. Maybe Springfield Northwestern?
i can see Northwestern jumping to play in a Troy based league if they come calling. i don’t think they are super happy in the Mad River division of the CBC

Greenon.. i’m sure they would consider it. the TRC is a good league and may improve harbins but no rivals in the TRC to this point

i can see Northwestern jumping to play in a Troy based league if they come calling. i don’t think they are super happy in the Mad River division of the CBC

Greenon.. i’m sure they would consider it. the TRC is a good league and may improve harbins but no rivals in the TRC to this point
I do see the TRC expanding to at least 10 maybe 12.
Adding a couple of Springfield-based schools would be great. I like Greenon who is much like the existing schools, not so much Northwestern, they seem to be weak in all sports, Brookville is a given.
Others could be: Any Springfield school, West Liberty Salem, Triad.

I do see the TRC expanding to at least 10 maybe 12.
Adding a couple of Springfield-based schools would be great. I like Greenon who is much like the existing schools, not so much Northwestern, they seem to be weak in all sports, Brookville is a given.
Others could be: Any Springfield school, West Liberty Salem, Triad.
i think the TRC’s best bet is going to be adding Brookville and Northwestern. if Northwestern says no, invite Greenon. the reason for this is Northwestern’s current situation is poor so i think you could get them to jump ship fairly easy.

with Northwestern being weak in many sports, that is true as of now. however, in the last decade, they have won a number of CBC “all sports” trophies. they are just on a down cycle right now, especially with the money sports

I can see why from a MU or Northridge's perspective adding some D5 football schools. You'd have to sell to me why Riverside, TC, or Lehman would go for that.