All electric vehicles...will not work.

You can't replace carbon sourced with alternative energy sources to power all these electric vehicles. At least not for another 50 years, if ever:

We have serious power grid issues that have been festering for a long time and they desperately need to be addressed. But flatly declaring that “carbon is bad” and you can only use wind and solar from now on isn’t going to solve our problems. That approach is only going to lead to more rolling blackouts and unpredictable spikes in energy costs. The people who work in the industry have seen this coming for ages, but too many elected officials refused to listen. As a result, now we’re going to be scrambling to keep the lights on for quite a while and higher energy bills will become part of “the new normal.”

Talked to a company spokesman yesterday who is building a new solar development in western Ohio and is looking for land to lease. Was surprised to learn these solar pannels and solar farms are only expected to last between 30 -40 years. After that they will remove the pannels, sweep up their mess and return the land to the original owner.

How much subsidy is the Government providing to develop these solar farms?

Talked to a company spokesman yesterday who is building a new solar development in western Ohio and is looking for land to lease. Was surprised to learn these solar pannels and solar farms are only expected to last between 30 -40 years. After that they will remove the pannels, sweep up their mess and return the land to the original owner.

Is that when we go back to coal-powered electric plants?

I don't think those panels are expected to last that long.

I don't think those panels are expected to last that long.
The most recent life expectancy of a panel is 40-50 years (renewableenergy.co.uk) . They are offering a 40 year lease with a measly 2% annual increase, not gonna keep up with Bidens 6-8% inflation.

That's great,but if you are going to remove 24kw worth of heat in 5 minutes that is going to require some significant energy to accomplish such removal. Heat pumps have EER ratios of 3:1 or similar. So for every 1 kw of energy used to compress the coolant and then expel the heat through a condenser you would require about 8 kw worth of energy to cool the high speed charging line. At 15 cents per kw you add another $1.20 to the cost to " gas up" so quickly.

That's great,but if you are going to remove 24kw worth of heat in 5 minutes that is going to require some significant energy to accomplish such removal. Heat pumps have EER ratios of 3:1 or similar. So for every 1 kw of energy used to compress the coolant and then expel the heat through a condenser you would remove about 3 kw worth of heat. This would require about 8 kw worth of energy to cool the high speed charging line during a 5 minute recharge at 2,500 amps. At 15 cents per kw you add another $1.20 to the cost to " gas up" so quickly

I was speaking with an electrical engineer yesterday and we were discussing all electric vehicles. He lives in the newest section of town, built his house 4 years ago. He told me "with the electric lines running down our street, there would only be three cars that could charge at one time". Multiply that problem by the size of a small town, small city, New York city.

Electric cars will not replace gas engines.
When are you going to apologize for this made up lie? Complete nonsense.

You guys crack me up … you sound like the people who doubted/made fun of the early cell phone, computers, and microwaves … all of them were impractical in the beginning … but the technology improve and now they are in everybody’s home … electric cars are impractical right now for mass use … but my bet in 10 years or so that will change … I believe it will be better for the country to be a leader in this technology … and not lagging behind and letting China or Japan control the industry.

You guys crack me up … you sound like the people who doubted/made fun of the early cell phone, computers, and microwaves … all of them were impractical in the beginning … but the technology improve and now they are in everybody’s home … electric cars are impractical right now for mass use … but my bet in 10 years or so that will change … I believe it will be better for the country to be a leader in this technology … and not lagging behind and letting China or Japan control the industry.
They are not impractical for mass use. 50% of the vehicles on the road today could easily be replaced by electric without limitation.

Sales are accelerating. It’s happening.

They are not impractical for mass use. 50% of the vehicles on the road today could easily be replaced by electric without limitation.

Sales are accelerating. It’s happening.
Yup..hopefully we can turn more farmground and wildlife habitat into solar farms.

The most recent life expectancy of a panel is 40-50 years (renewableenergy.co.uk) . They are offering a 40 year lease with a measly 2% annual increase, not gonna keep up with Bidens 6-8% inflation.
EFFECTIVE LIFE matters more, when a panel typically spends it's last 20 years yielding < 1/2 where it began. Everybody marketing panel installs based on a reduced net expense in a financing/panel/battery scheme "admitted" as much under my examination in September, even at THEN-CURRENT electric rates and the tax credit dying off in '22. The suggested size installation drops well below any ability to meet current personal demands used as a baseline by the time their loan is paid off. Rates WILL go up.

Even at my sunny second home, only net-metering makes personal sense, IF I get a tax credit. Duke offers it, many service areas do not. They all buy back a person's individual home generation at a greatly reduced rate, but in most service areas, they make it "buy all/sell all" to pretend to comply with Carter-era green legislation. If you can't use all your own generation in real time and only buy when you have no juice of your own, it starts getting sketchy pretty quickly.

They MUST push batteries on us, too, for their scam to even look like a success. Batteries which die much faster than panels currently. Think about it - when do you charge your car - when you get home from work as the sun is setting. Works OK re A/C, electric heat, a fail without mega-storage capacity.

Last edited: