• Marysville by 1-7

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Marysville by 8-16

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Marysville by 17+

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe it's not laziness, that is harsh especially when talking about hs kids. Maybe it's more lack of rotation. From what I have seen Springfields defense line is inconsistent. Play great sometimes but other times they are non factors. I will say they do not rotate much so maybe it's more a conditioning situation. Either way Springfields OL is going to have to play much better and no plays off for the DL or else Marysville wins big.
2d qtr, 7-0 Cats after the defense blocks Marysville FG. You were saying??

7-0 at half.

Story of the game, IMO, is the SHS offensive line. Has given Smoot some time to make plays, especially on 3rd down. He's been sacked 3 or 4 times, but had some huge 3rd down conversions on the TD drive.

pretty sure I said outplayed and out coached. So if you wanna be a that's fine.
You said you have years of experience as a coach. And you watched hours and hours of footage of SHS. How could your analysis be so wrong? This is total and complete domination. Had Brown not fumbled at the 15. There would be a running clock. 3rd consecutive playoff shutout. Defense has given up 7 points in playoffs, after they subbed with a running clock.

I have coached for years, I obviously underestimated Springfield. Feel free to say whatever. If I were in your place I would defend my team, kids, and community. You can think whatever about me but I coached hs football and college football on a high level. You implying that I didn't doesn't change the fact that I did. Anyone that wants proof can PM me if they feel obligated. Hopefully you guys can make it to the State Championship.

I have coached for years, I obviously underestimated Springfield. Feel free to say whatever. If I were in your place I would defend my team, kids, and community. You can think whatever about me but I coached hs football and college football on a high level. You implying that I didn't doesn't change the fact that I did. Anyone that wants proof can PM me if they feel obligated. Hopefully you guys can make it to the State Championship.
No, all I'm saying is that I don't understand how your pregame scouting and research could have been so wrong. Everyone else said SHS's defense was legit and for real. So far, the most points they've given up in a game is 22. Since the loss to Miamisburg, they've given up 7 points and that was after a running clock. The stats back that up. But you said their defense was lazy and would give up 42 points. It's like you scouted the wrong team. I just don't see any reasonable way an experienced coach could have scouted SHS and opine they'd surrender 42 points with a running clock.

He has 20 offers but not from any big name power 5 conference schools. But that should change. Marysville had no answer for Smoot.
I have watched high school football for years and I have to say that I have not seen many QB'S with the arm, composure and accuracy that he has. Whoever gets him is getting a gem for sure. Even the Marysville fans in the stands were super impressed with him.

I have watched high school football for years and I have to say that I have not seen many QB'S with the arm, composure and accuracy that he has. Whoever gets him is getting a gem for sure. Even the Marysville fans in the stands were super impressed with him.
He took official visits to OhioU and Tennessee State recently. It looks like the 20 offers were not committable. The word is that he is being recruited as an athlete and will play a DB in college. We'll see where he ends up.

From what I've read, I think power 5 scouts feel Smoot isn't big enough to play qb for them. I think he's about 185 pounds. I guess that may be true on paper. But my God, he gets the job done. They almost had a running clock put on an undefeated team ranked #2 in the State

Last edited:
He took official visits to OhioU and Tennessee State recently. It looks like the 20 offers were not committable. The word is that he is being recruited as an athlete and will play a DB in college. We'll see where he ends up.
If SHS wins State, or at least makes the championship game, with Smoot playing the way he did tonite, do you think power 5 conferences will start calling?