Bearcats baskteball

Sig Hansen

Now that that fiasco is finally over, time to move on to next season. Already some very good news as Mike Saunders Jr withdrew from the transfer portal and will stay at UC. Eason seemed pretty set on leaving but if Miller could convince him to come back it'd be huge. Brighter days are ahead.

I'm excited already after today's press conference. If Eason and Madsen come back then the entire young core(minus Harvey) from last season will be back and it will be really fun to see what Miller can do with that group.

Miller seems like another guy that can give us a solid 10-15 years like Cronin and Huggins. Just have to hope Davis does well at UNC. I also loved the emphasis he put on Xavier. Huggins and Cronin always seemed to treat it like just another game and IMO the results show that. I hope Miller can turn the tide in the series.

Overall I don't think this process could have turned out any better for UC.

Last edited:
I'm excited already after today's press conference. If Eason and Madsen come back then the entire young core(minus Harvey) from last season will be back and it will be really fun to see what Miller can do with that group.

Miller seems like another guy that can give us a solid 10-15 years like Cronin and Huggins. Just have to hope Davis does well at UNC. I also loved the emphasis he put on Xavier. Huggins and Cronin always seemed to treat it like just another game and IMO the results show that. I hope Miller can turn the tide in the series.

Overall I don't think this process could have turned out any better for UC.

Xavier maybe making a Coaching change after next season. Consistently not making the Tournament best way to get ran out of XU. I think Miller will do well at UC as long as the AD stays out of the way and the Players don’t think practice is to hard.

from 247sports....

AJ McGinnis Pledges to Cincinnati
  • by Brett Stein
  • Apr 27, 12:26 PM
After collecting three commitments via the transfer portal last week, Cincinnati Men’s Basketball Head Coach Wes Miller once again dipped in the portal in the form of former UNCG guard AJ McGinnis. In 28 games as a true freshman, McGinnis averaged 6 PPG and 1.2 rebounds per game on 33.6% from 3-point range, 57.1% from the free throw line, and demonstrated great potential as a 3-point threat who can really get after it on the defensive end.

If I’m the new coach, the first 3 things I would do is go HARD after Rayvon Griffith-Taft, Paul McMillian-Woodward, Evan Mahaffey- Moeller. It’s highly unlikely you would get them, but it’s worth a shot. From my understanding, we know they’re talented but also high character guys as well. Recruit the incredible talent we have in our backyard.

With the current state of the roster, it looks like at bare minimum the expectation should be to finish in the top half of the AAC and 75-100 overall nationwide.

Maybe we can contend for a NIT bid but the team still needs another scorer/major contributor.

Capture.PNG

4th in blocks and 9th in rebounds in the SEC in the 19-20 season per MSU’s website. He was 3rd in blocks and 9th in rebounds in the SEC this past season. Doesn’t seem l Ike he’s improved much but he’s started nearly every game the last 4 years all in the SEC. A big get for UC if they land him.

UC 65
Evansville 43

Our shooting left much to be desired at times, but the defense was stellar for the entire 40 minutes and the team's depth looks to be a major strength.

Wes Miller brought a lot of energy to the court himself and the players seemed to really feed off him.

UC 65
Evansville 43

Our shooting left much to be desired at times, but the defense was stellar for the entire 40 minutes and the team's depth looks to be a major strength.

Wes Miller brought a lot of energy to the court himself and the players seemed to really feed off him.
The Basketball Bearcats held an open gym fan fest back in September before the Miami football game. Dunk contest, 3 point contest, the whole bit. Then they scrimmaged for about 30 minutes and we left feeling "Man, this is gonna' be a long year". The thing was Ado, Newman, Lakhin, and Oguama weren't there. Those guys are there now, I think we're gonna' be OK. John Brannen and Wes Miller are like night and day in all aspects.

Down 23-8 to start the game; Bearcats come back and obliterate #14 ranked Illinois 71-51

Once UC starting putting 3 guys on Kofi Cockburn*, Illinois couldn't do anything.

* He looks like an All-American

Great adjustment by Miller, refreshing to see a significant adjustment instead of stubbornly sticking to the coaches preferred style of play. The Miller hire looking like a home run early.

Tough loss to #13 Arkansas last night, but a close game throughout, proving this is probably a top 25 team. Arkansas was pretty tenacious defensively and Davenport picked a bad game to have a bad game. Rebounding killed the Bearcats down the stretch, as Arkansas grabbed 3 offensive rebounds in the last, like, 45 seconds when UC was down by 1 and could've had multiple opportunities to take the lead. Then a turnover down by 3 with 9 seconds left, more fouls, more Arkansas free throws seal the deal. Can't imagine Miller will let that sloppy play get past his players in practice this week.

Bearcats look vastly better than what I was expecting this year. My initial impressions and low expectations of Wes Miller were all wrong.*

* I apologize for committing the unwritten Yappi law of admitting I was wrong

Bearcats look vastly better than what I was expecting this year. My initial impressions and low expectations of Wes Miller were all wrong.*

* I apologize for committing the unwritten Yappi law of admitting I was wrong
Yeah. Supposed to walk it back slowly, but not too much. lol

Ugly win last night against a Miami team that looks like they have the makings to contend in the MAC.

Hopefully Miller figures out some solutions to the scoring problems before the Shootout in a week and a half.

Ugly win last night against a Miami team that looks like they have the makings to contend in the MAC.

Hopefully Miller figures out some solutions to the scoring problems before the Shootout in a week and a half.
I will say, Miami knocked off Georgia Tech in the 1st game of the season so, yeah, they'll be solid all year I think

Xavier has dominated since this game. I believe that’s 17 of the last 23 and 9 of the last 10 for Xavier.

18/26 for Xavier. Just unbelievably embarrassing. There are still UC fans claiming that it's fine because this is Xavier's super bowl. F--- off with that bullsh-t. Start taking this rivalry seriously or we'll see another 18/26 from X.