#1 Marion Local vs. #6 St. Henry

BigPSH

Region 28 final. This game should be war. Excited to watch it.

What does everyone think?

I may be a Homer, but if the Skins play like the did tonight I think they win 28-24.

Haven't been this excited for a game in a while.
Im trying to be as neutral as possible but my cousin has a son that starts on the Marion Local O-Line so that might have something to do with it.

Also what does everyone think for a location. I would assume Wapak, but Sydney would make sense as well.

Region 28 final. This game should be war. Excited to watch it.

What does everyone think?
Early in the season, before the Ft Frye game, I thought this would be the skins year and Marion would fail to reach the finals two years in a row. That hill looks bigger now. I do think its possible to very likely still, but Marion putting a 34-0 on Riverside was pretty strong.

Going to still believe skins have the better lines, and games are often won in the trenches, so I'll pick the underdog in this one 10 - 8 St Henry.

ML just played at Sidney - could they play there two weeks in a row?

I like the Flyers in this one bc they usually win such contests, but slowing down SH's power running game will be a monumental task. As great as the Flyers's run d is, it's difficult to have success defensively when you're considerably outsized and the offense comes right at you.

This will be another game in which Peyton Otte will have to be the difference for ML. He will likely have 20 or more carries, and I hope he can remain healthy in a game in which the hitting will be hard.

And offensively SH should avoid the traditional option and sweeps - those plays, which rely on speed and elusiveness, are not their strength. SH was fairly impressive in the first matchup between these two, and the game felt closer than the 20-7 score.

ML - 17
SH - 14

ML just played at Sidney - could they play there two weeks in a row?

I like the Flyers in this one bc they usually win such contests, but slowing down SH's power running game will be a monumental task. As great as the Flyers's run d is, it's difficult to have success defensively when you're considerably outsized and the offense comes right at you.

This will be another game in which Peyton Otte will have to be the difference for ML. He will likely have 20 or more carries, and I hope he can remain healthy in a game in which the hitting will be hard.

And offensively SH should avoid the traditional option and sweeps - those plays, which rely on speed and elusiveness, are not their strength. SH was fairly impressive in the first matchup between these two, and the game felt closer than the 20-7 score.

ML - 17
SH - 14
ML just played at Sidney - could they play there two weeks in a row? Why not ? It's a football field.

This is a game where ML will miss Kyle Otte ( 9 carries 79 yds. and a td vs SH ) will Lause play ( kick return for a td against SH ) ? What is the availability of Alex Knapke starting center, OLB on defense, will Rindler play much ( starting safety, wr ). Having Buschur back on defense helps quite a bit, missed the 1st SH game. Lot of ? marks for the Flyers on availability of players. Tate Hess is basically play by play. Can ML run between the tackles, if so it will open up the outside running game for Otte. ML defense and Otte on offense is the difference, Flyers 20 - SH 7.

St. Henry's O-line absolutely manhandled Tri-village, which doesn't surprise me. They pushed the Marion Local D around at times in the regular season game. That's a big strong line St. Henry has. The Flyers will have their struggles in this game in the trenches, but when all is said and done, they will dig their heels in and come away with the win. There is a strong mentality on this Flyers' team that will be hard to crack.

I think this will come down to how Luthman can adjust to Goodwin. A big chess match of sorts.. Goodwin is very good at making adjustments to the defense he's facing. The fact that St. Henry runs Marion's defense gives a little advantage to Marion in this one IMO. From watching the 2 teams, Marion seems to hide their defenses better. Low scoring game, Marion takes it with a field goal: 17-14.

why’d they put this at Wapak, but CW/AE at Sidney?
The board of control owns stock in Exxon?

[Edit: I’m joking, and have no problem with the game being at Wapak, which is an excellent facility. It just seems odd given that the choices will involve more driving for more people.]

Last edited:
Maybe not for the school itself, but at $5/car to park plus concessions, some auxiliary programs would stand to make a lot of money.
Are you forgetting all the volunteers you’d need for a game day? Like discussions before on Yappi it’s harder than ever to get people to help at places.

Tough one here.

I'll be pulling for whomever has the better chance to bring the MAC a title so we don't get shut out this year.