Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
just the set up at Hole field makes it the best.....no matter how many visitor seats are added to ML field..... now if i could talk Minster into moving the track......LOL!!!
The only thing that matters for a stadium to me is can I get a seat ( CW ) and handicap seating ( kudos to ML for that which is very important if you know somebody who is handicapped ). In todays world seating usually is not an issue unless it is a big game. " Atmosphere " does not sell tix, been to plenty of Ver. - ML games the last 15 years where Ver. could not even fill half their home seats. Now this season is different why cause they are winning not because of the stadium.

The only thing that matters for a stadium to me is can I get a seat ( CW ) and handicap seating ( kudos to ML for that which is very important if you know somebody who is handicapped ). In todays world seating usually is not an issue unless it is a big game. " Atmosphere " does not sell tix, been to plenty of Ver. - ML games the last 15 years where Ver. could not even fill half their home seats. Now this season is different why cause they are winning not because of the stadium.
Concur.
I have been around long enough to see pretty much every team on both ends of the spectrum and NO FAN BASE is immune to the severe lack of attendance when their team is in the midst of a dry spell. Just the nature of, well, sports and not just at the HS level.

yep

sometimes I love standing in the endzone...... watching the play develop....

Agree. And these days I've been to enough road games to see that even very successful teams aren't filling their home seats like they used to.

That is true of most visitor seating including Versailles.
Versailles’ visitor seats are built up about five feet so even the first row isn’t bad. Coldwater’s are indeed worthless in the first few rows, but they are massive so that helps. They are way too far back, though, because of the track.

Don’t get me started on Fort Recovery’s visitor seats. They’re damned near in Indiana.

2 pages of talk about fields, seating, corn, hogs and deer. Hope Versailles is getting prepared for the triple it is playoff time and somehow a very average Carlisle team has found a way to walk teams in and turn the corner on the outside. Their coach has been running this O for years it’s a different beast than what 90% teams do today. I definitely wouldn’t underestimate them as Reading did.

2 pages of talk about fields, seating, corn, hogs and deer. Hope Versailles is getting prepared for the triple it is playoff time and somehow a very average Carlisle team has found a way to walk teams in and turn the corner on the outside. Their coach has been running this O for years it’s a different beast than what 90% teams do today. I definitely wouldn’t underestimate them as Reading did.
You have it all wrong. No one is overlooking Carlisle.

Most just simply believe Versailles doesnt have a chance in this game so why talk about a game that has a far gone conclusion?

I think the key is to stop the fullback 1st playing straight base D, and then the rest of the D just do their job?

What about Carlisle's D? Can they stop the run?

One thing I have noticed is some bad speakers in the league. Hole field could buy, adjust theirs to be easier to understand. ML visitor side needs some attention too. Couldn't hear 50/50 numbers.

One thing I have noticed is some bad speakers in the league. Hole field could buy, adjust theirs to be easier to understand. ML visitor side needs some attention too. Couldn't hear 50/50 numbers.
Doesnt matter.
It is the SOP to throw away the tickets of those wearing opposing colors.

I'm sure coach Jones has the boys focus on the game.... most of the posts about what you said are fans from Marion Local, Coldwater and MInster posting.....

so give us a scouting report on the Carlisle team.....

I think Carlisle D will be at Versailles will. Carlisle plays for a few stops and tries to own the ground and clock. Fullback only seems to have success when the middle of the line can’t get penetration or don’t have the muscle to stop the double teams and push. Carlisle just waits to catch Ds on their heals and hit the big gain or homerun with 22 small quick kid they get him around the corner blocking down with Wr on OLB or end then pull other back or wing to kick out corner they run the option to him and sometimes a quick pitch to the side he lines up on. Reading was much more talented team but constantly gave up 3 & 4 yard runs then on 3 and 4th and short get burnt big on the pitch to the outside they have a nice blocking scheme on the outside pitch they completely rendered readings stud DE helpless. They have 1 nice size lineman but double or down block for leverage they do get push. Reading let them stick around and they popped off 20 even hitting a few passes in the 4th. I just watched it on YouTube full game. Carlisle scored 10 more points on that D than Wyoming did. So I’d take them seriously I really didn’t think they’d have success against reading. I was impressed with the arm on reading Qb but looked like Carlisle just was very hungry and tough.

Last edited:
Beautiful facility.. if D5 and D6 were on different days this season I'd try to make the trip there this weekend
If 6 was on a different day than 5 and 7, I wouldn't mind either going to the Versailles game or New Bremen vs Tri-Village

Versailles’ visitor seats are built up about five feet so even the first row isn’t bad. Coldwater’s are indeed worthless in the first few rows, but they are massive so that helps. They are way too far back, though, because of the track.

Don’t get me started on Fort Recovery’s visitor seats. They’re damned near in Indiana.
If Coldwater would get new visitor stands, I would move it up to the fence line and off the ground probably 3 or 4 feet

Fort Recovery has so much room there for bigger visitor stand! Build a bigger one along the fence line and off the ground and Fort would have plenty of seating.

I think Carlisle D will be at Versailles will. Carlisle plays for a few stops and tries to own the ground and clock. Fullback only seems to have success when the middle of the line can’t get penetration or don’t have the muscle to stop the double teams and push. Carlisle just waits to catch Ds on their heals and hit the big gain or homerun with 22 small quick kid they get him around the corner blocking down with Wr on OLB or end then pull other back or wing to kick out corner they run the option to him and sometimes a quick pitch to the side he lines up on. Reading was much more talented team but constantly gave up 3 & 4 yard runs then on 3 and 4th and short get burnt big on the pitch to the outside they have a nice blocking scheme on the outside pitch they completely rendered readings stud DE helpless. They have 1 nice size lineman but double or down block for leverage they do get push. Reading let them stick around and they popped off 20 even hitting a few passes in the 4th. I just watched it on YouTube full game. Carlisle scored 10 more points on that D than Wyoming did. So I’d take them seriously I really didn’t think they’d have success against reading. I was impressed with the arm on reading Qb but looked like Carlisle just was very hungry and tough.
what did you do on youtube , that you found it on youtube?

I've seen the Tigers play twice, they have been taking some losses over the years to get to this years Senior class, i think they start 19 senior? their line is HUGE and quick, #77 OFF/DEF line is a very dominate type of player and plays with a nasty streak, a BALL State commit, one of the best lineman that i have seen come thru the MAC......the Offense is very good, can throw and RUN, which i think they like to do more, their skilled guys as a group , probably is the best in the MAC. With what I have seen , they are the best team in the MAC right now, I'm not sure about this, but they have only let one team go over 100 yards of rushing this year, and that was Marion Local, early in the season.

what did you do on youtube , that you found it on youtube?

I've seen the Tigers play twice, they have been taking some losses over the years to get to this years Senior class, i think they start 19 senior? their line is HUGE and quick, #77 OFF/DEF line is a very dominate type of player and plays with a nasty streak, a BALL State commit, one of the best lineman that i have seen come thru the MAC......the Offense is very good, can throw and RUN, which i think they like to do more, their skilled guys as a group , probably is the best in the MAC. With what I have seen , they are the best team in the MAC right now, I'm not sure about this, but they have only let one team go over 100 yards of rushing this year, and that was Marion Local, early in the season.
I just entered Reading football Carlisle looks like they have all their games reading that is. It’s broadcast very well nice picture

Goodluck to the NK Rangers today.
NK.jpg

I just entered Reading football Carlisle looks like they have all their games reading that is. It’s broadcast very well nice picture
Just watched some of it. Intriguing, Tiger D tackles and ends need to get off ball and penetrate some but not to much.
I wonder if they always run to the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.