The Official 2021 EBC football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure would be nice to go 2-1 of 3-0 in round 2 to put the EBC on the map and get some respect! They all have some tough games but the 3 EBC teams can all win, I probably will only pick west Branch to win, Carrollton will be a close one but the underdog and Salem has the toughest match up and will have the hardest game. Good luck to all of the teams!!!

Big week for the EBC:

Carrollton will have to play like they are capable and I think the can beat St. Clairesville 35-28.

Ursuline may just be too much for Salem and beat the Quakers 48-28

I think West Branch will be too much for a pretty solid Poland team. WB over Poland 45-30.

Good luck to all 3 teams!

Big week for the EBC:

Carrollton will have to play like they are capable and I think the can beat St. Clairesville 35-28.

I think West Branch will be too much for a pretty solid Poland team. WB over Poland 45-30.

I agree that Carrollton will have to play a great game, and it is entirely possible. Other than having a stud OL that team is very similar to any other team that they have beaten. 35-28 is a good pick for a game that can go either way!
Go Warriors!

Ursuline will be too much for Salem,
42-28

WB will continue to be impressive , but this will be a close game 38-31 victory for the Warriors.
Certainly need to be proud of these 3 remaining teams!

Big week for the EBC:

Ursuline wins 35-21

West Branch wins 42-38. Poland is a tough team. Gave Fairless a hell of a fight

Carrollton loses 48-41

PLAYER SCHOOL GRADE
FIRST TEAM
Brendan Zurbrugg Alliance 10
Ovie Jones Alliance 11
Chase Oehlstrom Carrollton 11
Domanick Speelman Carrollton 12
Austin Colletti Carrollton 12
Isaac Moore Carrollton 12
Poochie Snyder Canton South 10
Caleb Lott Canton South 12
Akil Martin Canton South 12
Tanner Pierce Canton South 12
Connor Evanich Marlington 12
Sam Dine Marlington 12
Carson Stockman Salem 12
Jackson Johnson Salem 11
Blaize Exline Salem 12
Corey Riesen Salem 12
Dru DeShields West Branch 11
Steven Marra West Branch 12
Nick Wilson West Branch 12
Jaxon Hendershott West Branch 12
Greg Rockwell West Branch 12
Mitchell Coffee West Branch 11
Caleb Adams West Branch 12

SECOND TEAM
Kayden Davis Alliance 11
Stephen Gales Alliance 12
Gage Ford Alliance 12
K’Vaughn Davis Alliance 10
Ben Zinda Carrollton 11
Austin Haney Carrollton 12
Doug Rininger Carrollton 12
Zach Martin Carrollton 11
Tam Church Canton South 12
Ethan Fricke Canton South 10
Trevor Fellouzis Canton South 12
Gavin Moses Canton South 12
Cooper Scarlott Marlington 12
Luke Tortola Marlington 12
Brayden Costea Minerva 12
Ross Davidson Salem 10
Caleb Stockman Salem 12
Damon Wolfe Salem 12
Donnie Oesch Salem 11
Jed Smith West Branch 12
Thomas Egli West Branch 11
Zach Peters West Branch 12
Ryan Irwin West Branch 12

HONORABLE MENTION
PLAYER SCHOOL GRADE
Thomas Butt Alliance 12
Ramhir Hawkins Alliance 10
Alex Johnson Carrollton 12
Nate Baker Carrollton 11
Grant Treacher Canton South 11
Tre Wilson Canton South 10
Rome Sims Marlington 12
Danny Grimes Marlington 12
Nolan Kibler Minerva 12
Erik Murray Minerva 12
Josiah Haas Salem 12
Ryan Kamperman Salem 11
Ben Tolson West Branch 12
Christian Martig West Branch 12
COACH OF YEAR: Ken Harris (West Branch)

PLAYER OF YEAR: Dru DeShields (West Branch)

PLAYER SCHOOL GRADE
FIRST TEAM
Brendan Zurbrugg Alliance 10
Ovie Jones Alliance 11
Chase Oehlstrom Carrollton 11
Domanick Speelman Carrollton 12
Austin Colletti Carrollton 12
Isaac Moore Carrollton 12
Poochie Snyder Canton South 10
Caleb Lott Canton South 12
Akil Martin Canton South 12
Tanner Pierce Canton South 12
Connor Evanich Marlington 12
Sam Dine Marlington 12
Carson Stockman Salem 12
Jackson Johnson Salem 11
Blaize Exline Salem 12
Corey Riesen Salem 12
Dru DeShields West Branch 11
Steven Marra West Branch 12
Nick Wilson West Branch 12
Jaxon Hendershott West Branch 12
Greg Rockwell West Branch 12
Mitchell Coffee West Branch 11
Caleb Adams West Branch 12

SECOND TEAM
Kayden Davis Alliance 11
Stephen Gales Alliance 12
Gage Ford Alliance 12
K’Vaughn Davis Alliance 10
Ben Zinda Carrollton 11
Austin Haney Carrollton 12
Doug Rininger Carrollton 12
Zach Martin Carrollton 11
Tam Church Canton South 12
Ethan Fricke Canton South 10
Trevor Fellouzis Canton South 12
Gavin Moses Canton South 12
Cooper Scarlott Marlington 12
Luke Tortola Marlington 12
Brayden Costea Minerva 12
Ross Davidson Salem 10
Caleb Stockman Salem 12
Damon Wolfe Salem 12
Donnie Oesch Salem 11
Jed Smith West Branch 12
Thomas Egli West Branch 11
Zach Peters West Branch 12
Ryan Irwin West Branch 12

HONORABLE MENTION
PLAYER SCHOOL GRADE
Thomas Butt Alliance 12
Ramhir Hawkins Alliance 10
Alex Johnson Carrollton 12
Nate Baker Carrollton 11
Grant Treacher Canton South 11
Tre Wilson Canton South 10
Rome Sims Marlington 12
Danny Grimes Marlington 12
Nolan Kibler Minerva 12
Erik Murray Minerva 12
Josiah Haas Salem 12
Ryan Kamperman Salem 11
Ben Tolson West Branch 12
Christian Martig West Branch 12
COACH OF YEAR: Ken Harris (West Branch)

PLAYER OF YEAR: Dru DeShields (West Branch)
There are 6 QBs on this first team list and there are only 7 teams in the conference. The only other QB in the league is second team.

Last edited:
I am sure Costea got it for D-Back, not QB. I wish they would go by position and not just a list.
I think Minerva's offense gave up more touchdowns than they scored so it would have to be for defense. I am glad Minerva didn't take up a 1st team slot.

I am sure Costea got it for D-Back, not QB. I wish they would go by position and not just a list.
I’m with you..I wish they would go back to doing this by position…6 QBs and I’m not sure there’s any lineman on 1st team…but it seems to be on the coaches at this point..they promote their favorite kids not necessarily the most rewarding…they need an outside “football guy” that can breakdown performance..that being said I feel like the deshields kid deserves POY, outstanding numbers and an undefeated season..congrats to all the kids this year

Total crap! This is more like a beauty pageant. The games are always won in the trenches and you would think coaches of all people would want to reward the hogs up front. I also think where you end up in the league should have no bearing on how many people you get on first team.
Lets say Minerva has the most dominant player the league has ever seen and a future NFL hall of famer at left tackle, but doesn't win a game, so he ends up on 2nd team, then 10 years later Tony Romo is talking about what a late bloomer this kid must have been because he wasn't even first team all league when he was in high school. Coaches need to take the time and do the right thing and reward every position its just due. It would take a while, so do it after the playoffs are over. They ask their kids to sacrifce every day, they owe them the same in return.

If you think about it, most of these kids play both ways. I think they were awarded for all they do.
I believe Carrollton’s QB didn’t just make it on as a QB, but look at all he does as a team leader, and goes all out on defense as well.

Total crap! This is more like a beauty pageant. The games are always won in the trenches and you would think coaches of all people would want to reward the hogs up front. I also think where you end up in the league should have no bearing on how many people you get on first team.
Lets say Minerva has the most dominant player the league has ever seen and a future NFL hall of famer at left tackle, but doesn't win a game, so he ends up on 2nd team, then 10 years later Tony Romo is talking about what a late bloomer this kid must have been because he wasn't even first team all league when he was in high school. Coaches need to take the time and do the right thing and reward every position its just due. It would take a while, so do it after the playoffs are over. They ask their kids to sacrifce every day, they owe them the same in return.
This is a terrible take, nobody in the EBC is having a future NFL player. And if they did I am sure they would find themselves on 1st team EBC. There is a good chance a 10-0 team has a lot of great players hence why they are 10-0. This is why 10-0 teams get more first teamers, an 0-10 team probably has a lot of not so great football players therefor they get less players on first team. Your argument is very invalid.

It is the league, most conferences these days don't select a full team anymore bc of hurt feelings. It really stinks

This is a terrible take, nobody in the EBC is having a future NFL player. And if they did I am sure they would find themselves on 1st team EBC. There is a good chance a 10-0 team has a lot of great players hence why they are 10-0. This is why 10-0 teams get more first teamers, an 0-10 team probably has a lot of not so great football players therefor they get less players on first team. Your argument is very invalid.
First off, there are schools in the EBC who have had players make NFL rosters, so it can happen. Secondly, it looks like the last place team doesn't get a 1st teamer and if they do and Minerva chose not to place one of their kids on first team, then that coach should be fired for neglecting his duty. I gave a hypothetical situation, but it could happen,so therefore it is valid. The point is coaches take the easy way out. They should take the time to vote for every player but their own. They watch hours of opposing film all year long. They know the strengh and weakness of every team they play and if they don't, then they're not doing there job.

You have your opinion and I have mine and both are valid. Mine simply requires a little more effort, which is what coaches ask of their players everyday.

Last edited:
If you think about it, most of these kids play both ways. I think they were awarded for all they do.
I believe Carrollton’s QB didn’t just make it on as a QB, but look at all he does as a team leader, and goes all out on defense as well.
I'm not saying these kids aren't deserving. I just think you should know if he made it as a QB or DB or both. If a kid plays both ways and is the team"s punter and the other coaches vote him as best in the league at all 3 positions, then he deserves to recognized as such.

good point

I think Minerva's offense gave up more touchdowns than they scored so it would have to be for defense. I am glad Minerva didn't take up a 1st team slot.
IMO the best all around player on Minerva's team was not on the list. I don't know how the players were picked, how kids were nominated and how the votes went and stuff like that but Haines was our best football player and didn't even get HM??

IMO the best all around player on Minerva's team was not on the list. I don't know how the players were picked, how kids were nominated and how the votes went and stuff like that but Haines was our best football player and didn't even get HM??
I agree Haines is a stud he would of been mentioned if he was in another program. He’s a stud wrestler!

Wb has 3 well deserving lineman on the first team listing.
Nice to see 2 years in a row WB’s Qb’s take
Poy
Hillyer in 2020
Deshields in 2021

gue at each position who is recognized. I
I agree Haines is a stud he would of been mentioned if he was in another program. He’s a stud wrestler!
It is disappointing that he didn’t get some sort to recognition- but we did have 3 seniors that deserve to get some love just for sticking it out and playing hard all 10 games, lord knows Hundley never mentioned anyone every on his team. Glad to be turning the page on that chapter of Minerva football

Status
Not open for further replies.