2021 SBAAC

triple option

For a league that's been subpar for a lot of years, I feel as a league it had a better showing last year and will be even better this year. With all but one team in the in the American Division advancing past their first playoff game, id definitely say its a step in the right direction.

For this upcoming season I see that same trend to continue.(Hopefully) Plus for the sake of conversation and football close I thought this would be a good preseason discussion. I thought id rank and talk about why I think the SBAAC is on the upward direction at least for the next couple, hopefully few years. Obviously I'm a CM guy but I mean no disrespect or insults directed at any program since this is a SBAAC I consider us a team.

1. CM- Bringing back one of the strongest running games since the B Wolf days, I don't see anyone upsetting Massie. But can the defense tighten things up to make a big run?!
2. Western Brown- With the Novak brothers and that high powered offense, I see them putting crazy points up every week. But can the defense get enough stops to keep the other team from putting up the same points.
3. New Richmond- Losing their Mr. do it all Lytle will be hard to replace, but they always seem to have the numbers to reload I see this year as no different.
4. Wilmington-After slowly losing pace over the last 7 yrs, I see a talented next couple of years. What can they do with it is the question? Easily the biggest lineman in the league year after year I'm surprised they never ran the wish bone too having a CM relationship. Really in my opinion, this year Wilmington could be #3 but 0-4 against NR
5. Goshen- Shocked by their record last year, thought they was senior heavy, really not sure what happened to their season!? Any news of what's going on over there?
6. Batavia- Seem to have athletes to compete, hopefully the coach can find a way to bring it together.

i don’t have much faith in the SBAAC. Massie will compete for state and Western Brown will have an exciting offense. other than that, looking at a lot of first round exits i think.

Bethel Tate impressed me last year beating what i thought would be a very solid Waynesville team.

Blanchester got beat handily by a #7 seed Springfield Shawnee team.

East Clinton got it handed to them by an average at best Madison Plains squad.

Fayetteville seems to always be competitive for their size.

Wilmington has the athletes in that school to be competitive. they just haven’t put it together in awhile

Clermont NE, Batavia, Williamsburg just not very good

National side (besides BT) definitely has some work to do, no doubt. But that's kind of my point, Blanchester got by a average at best Madison Plains squad to make it to #7 Shawnee game (23-6) who was in the regional final. On the American side it seemed better in 2020 and honestly I think 2021 will be even more improved . Usually CM and New Richmond are it, but this year I see Western Brown and Wilmington making strides. Western Brown beat a not so good Athens team to get a shot at Hartley who was also a regional final team. Same with Wilmington beat a not so good Marietta team to get a shot Columbus DeSales a state runner up team. Now obviously those games didn't go the way they wanted, but I guess my point is years pasted Madison Plains, Athens and Marietta would have been playing those games. And with 16 team formats I could see a 8-10 seed possibly pulling a playoff win. I'm not saying SBAAC is becoming the MAC, SWBL or any other tough league lol. I'm just saying it seems to be improving.

I think league will be down from last. Crazy how thoughts differ. The national division is one of the worst conferences in Ohio. It has progressively gotten worse. The American is down too. New richmond will not even resemble what they have been for the past several years. Goshen has had some good teams in the past but growing pains will be the theme for that team. Batavia will still be down. Wilmington will improve this year but they will lack at the skill position. Losing #81 was a big deal for them. They will better though. Western Brown seems to get a lot of attention but I feel they lost their best player last year. Graduation hurt them worse than most think. Their RB/slot was the real deal (#1). #24 was also a leading receiver and a two way player. Oline will also be an issue let alone their defense. CM returns a ton but still has questions.

Clinton Massie will win playoff games. i wouldn’t bet on any other team in the SBAAC to win one.

Clinton Massie, Western Brown, Bethel Tate, Fayetteville, and Blanchester should all make the top 16. Goshen, New Richmond, and East Clinton will all be fringe playoff teams

I think league will be down from last. Crazy how thoughts differ. The national division is one of the worst conferences in Ohio. It has progressively gotten worse. The American is down too. New richmond will not even resemble what they have been for the past several years. Goshen has had some good teams in the past but growing pains will be the theme for that team. Batavia will still be down. Wilmington will improve this year but they will lack at the skill position. Losing #81 was a big deal for them. They will better though. Western Brown seems to get a lot of attention but I feel they lost their best player last year. Graduation hurt them worse than most think. Their RB/slot was the real deal (#1). #24 was also a leading receiver and a two way player. Oline will also be an issue let alone their defense. CM returns a ton but still has questions.
Absolutely funny how thoughts differ but that makes it even better to talk about. I can't even argue about the national side being one of the worst conferences in Ohio. With the exception of Bethel Tate (who should be on the American side swapped with Batavia) and maybe Blanchester who's gone at least .500 the last five years with 3 playoff appearances (which they got smoked) its just terrible.

Your take on the American side is interesting though, I don't know enough about New Richmond other than they have 17-20 seniors and some talented Juniors coming back. The last 5 years, their worst record has been 5-5 but has had 3 trips to the playoffs with a 1st round win in every one, point being is I believe the coaching staff is pretty good. Goshen, I have no idea what to expect, except they'll more than likely beat Batavia. Wilmington is a real wild card in my eyes, big upfront, speedy secondary, 3 pretty good RBs returning, A QB with a big arm and another sprinter coming in to replace talented Carter Huffman #81. That puts the pressure only at 1 other spot, coaching. I'm pretty high on Western Brown mainly because of their 6'6 190lb QB Drew Novak , this kid has already thrown for 4655yds with 40tds and another 420 rushing yds with 5tds and the kid hasn't began his junior year yet. His top receiver was actually incoming senior 4 year starter Logan Campbell #5 who lead the league in receiving yds (900) and 2nd in the league with 56 receptions. The other Novak kid is another incoming senior this year, plays WR and was 5th in the league in receiving. Not sure about there O line, but 4 and 5 wide they can get the ball out fast if its needed. If they can put together any kind of defense and special teams they are gonna win a lot of games. A bad defense took them to the second round of the playoffs. I honestly believe you will have to score 40-50 points a game to beat these guys or be a flat out awesome defense with a great secondary. And unfortunately with Hartley and Desales in that region they will have that kind of defense.

Clinton Massie will win playoff games. i wouldn’t bet on any other team in the SBAAC to win one.

Clinton Massie, Western Brown, Bethel Tate, Fayetteville, and Blanchester should all make the top 16. Goshen, New Richmond, and East Clinton will all be fringe playoff teams
I'm gonna give the nod to CM, Bethel Tate and Western Brown to win at least one game in the playoffs. Not a betting man but will be fun to come revisit this in several months. I'm gonna go a step further and say Western Brown and Wilmington meet up 1st round of the playoffs at a 8 and 9 seed. LOL

I'm gonna give the nod to CM, Bethel Tate and Western Brown to win at least one game in the playoffs. Not a betting man but will be fun to come revisit this in several months. I'm gonna go a step further and say Western Brown and Wilmington meet up 1st round of the playoffs at a 8 and 9 seed. LOL
Bethel Tate, i’ll give you that. the Waynesville game impressed me last year. it truly did. they have a chance.

Western Brown.. eh, slim chance but not nothing. region 11 is a gauntlet, it’s going to be very hard to get a high enough seed to get a winnable game.

no way Wilmington gets a 9 seed

True .. I was kind of poking fun but looking at both teams schedules, I could see WB going 9-1 maybe 8-2... Wilmington possibly going 8-2 maybe 7-3, although I don't think they have a game 5 yet. Either way its good conversation for the pre season

Western Brown

@Hillsboro- win
vs Washington CH- win
@Monroe- win
vs Jackson- loss
vs Miami Trace- will be a very good game. 50/50
@New Richmond- another 50/50
@Clinton Massie- loss
vs Goshen- win
@Wilmington- win
vs Batavia- win

between 6 and 8 wins i would guess

Wilmington

vs Ross- loss
@Miami Trace- loss
vs Mount Healthy- loss
@CHCA- loss
open date
@Batavia- win
vs Goshen- win
@New Richmond- loss
vs Western Brown- loss
@Clinton Massie- loss

weeks 1-4 are a gauntlet.

Does anybody have insight on the reason why CM doesn't have a week one opponent? CM offense I'm not worried about. It's the defense that is very suspect to the pass game.
Bye
Anderson- 50/50 the unknown of a DI school
Harrison- 50/50 the unknown of a DI school
Fenwick- Win
DeSales- Win
League 5-0

Miami trace is awful. If WB or Wilmington can’t beat them they might as well pack it in. I am very confident that both will destroy trace based on what I saw from last year.

Wilmington
Ross - Losing a ton to graduation and playing at home I could see W (a lot will ride on this game at seasons end)
Trace- wouldn't be surprised if its a blow out W
Mt healthy- plenty of skill players but questionable O/D Lines plays into Wilmington strength and at home W
CHCA- looks like lost a lot to grad, besides former Wilmington player at QB W
open
Batavia - Win
Goshen- Win
NR- being 0-4 against them bothers me and at NR. But will be the best squad NR has seen from Wilmy 50/50
WB- shootout that Wilmington can't keep up with. L
CM- 0-7 record against the Falcons with one of their better teams coming to Wilmington L

Miami trace is awful. If WB or Wilmington can’t beat them they might as well pack it in. I am very confident that both will destroy trace based on what I saw from last year.
Looks like Wilmington better pack it in! 42-28 Trace! So the team you had finishing 2nd in the division is packing it in after week 2, at 0-2? Ouch!

i don’t have much faith in the SBAAC. Massie will compete for state and Western Brown will have an exciting offense. other than that, looking at a lot of first round exits i think.

Bethel Tate impressed me last year beating what i thought would be a very solid Waynesville team.

Blanchester got beat handily by a #7 seed Springfield Shawnee team.

East Clinton got it handed to them by an average at best Madison Plains squad.

Fayetteville seems to always be competitive for their size.

Wilmington has the athletes in that school to be competitive. they just haven’t put it together in awhile

Clermont NE, Batavia, Williamsburg just not very good
Interesting old thread. For the record, my son plays for Williamsburg. Fair comment, National division really just isn't that good if you compare to bigger schools. But those are some REALLY small schools, apples to apples.. they are comparable to most. I could have told you in June that that Williamsburg would be much better than last year and it shows. Williamsburg has a very athletic junior class, and now that they were the upper classmen it helped. The senior class is pretty solid too. So Williamsburg has competed, finished 11 in their region. We beat teams we are bigger than, but struggle with the strong physical teams like Bethel-Tate and Blanchester. We put it to Fayeteville and East Clinton.

Would have been an interesting game vs Mariemont if Covid wasn't a think. 3 of the top players were quarantined and we held our own for a long time.

Interesting old thread. For the record, my son plays for Williamsburg. Fair comment, National division really just isn't that good if you compare to bigger schools. But those are some REALLY small schools, apples to apples.. they are comparable to most. I could have told you in June that that Williamsburg would be much better than last year and it shows. Williamsburg has a very athletic junior class, and now that they were the upper classmen it helped. The senior class is pretty solid too. So Williamsburg has competed, finished 11 in their region. We beat teams we are bigger than, but struggle with the strong physical teams like Bethel-Tate and Blanchester. We put it to Fayeteville and East Clinton.

Would have been an interesting game vs Mariemont if Covid wasn't a think. 3 of the top players were quarantined and we held our own for a long time.
Williamsburg is much better than many expected them to be this year. they’ve beaten who they’re supposed to and lost who who they were supposed to. however, i don’t think they will hang with Brookville

Batavia had a record setting season this year. Broke the record for worst loss in program history 3 separate times. 82 0 79 0 75 0.

Williamsburg is much better than many expected them to be this year. they’ve beaten who they’re supposed to and lost who who they were supposed to. however, i don’t think they will hang with Brookville
I'm not a football guy, no idea about Brookville. I've said it pretty clear... if they are bigger/stronger than the other team, they win big. If they are not, they lose big. Have to have some push on the lines for success. I'm sure weather will have its say in some things too.