2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm making predictions, I would go with:

SWBL Playoff Pairings:

DIII R12:
#15 Alter (5-5)
@ #2 Monroe (8-2)
#14 Trotwood Madison (4-5) @ #3 Bellbrook (8-2)
#12 Franklin (4-6) @ #5 St. Mary's (8-2)

DIV R16:

#16 Waynesville (5-5) @ #1 Wyoming (10-0)
#15 Oakwood (4-6) @ #2 Eaton (9-1)
#12 Valley View (5-5)
@ #5 Waverly (8-1)

DV R20:
#13 Carlisle (5-5) @ #4 Reading (7-2)
#11 Williamsburg (6-4) @ #6 Brookville (8-2)

The league as a whole didn't get many favors with their first round matchups. In particular Bellbrook and Monroe as higher seeded teams, facing Alter and even Trotwood Madison isn't ideal.

SWBL Playoff Pairings:

DIII R12:

#15 Alter (5-5) @ #2 Monroe (8-2)

DIV R16:

#12 Valley View (5-5) @ #5 Waverly (8-1)

DV R20:
#13 Carlisle (5-5)
@ #4 Reading (7-2)

I'm not counting out Monroe. I've seen Alter play many times in the last several years and this is not a normal Alter squad. They are solid and they can absolutely beat Monroe, but Monroe is good enough to beat them as well. I watch the Alter/CJ game Friday and admittedly, that's the best I've seen Alter look this year but that's also a rivalry game that brings another element to the table. I think the Hornets pull off a close one. I also think if Carlisle shows up to play, they will give Reading all they want. Like most of the rest of us, I'm waiting for VV to put it all together and play a complete game. If it happens week 11, I think they beat Waverly. But they're going to have to prove it. I think Bellbrook, Eaton, and Brookville all cruise into the second round.

DIII R12:

DIV R16:
#12 Valley View (5-5)
@ #5 Waverly (8-1)

DV R20:

SWBL Playoff Pairings:

DIII R12:

DIV R16:

DV R20:
How many times has St Mary’s played Franklin in the playoffs? Wyoming by 150

DIII R12:

#15 Alter (5-5)@ #2 Monroe (8-2)

DIV R16:

#12 Valley View (5-5)@ #5 Waverly (8-1)
DV R20:

#11 Williamsburg (6-4) (6-4) @ #6 Brookville (8-2)

DIII R12:

#15 Alter (5-5)@ #2 Monroe (8-2)

DIV R16:

#12 Valley View (5-5)@ #5 Waverly (8-1)
DV R20:

#11 Williamsburg (6-4) (6-4) @ #6 Brookville (8-2)
Brookville would have to do a complete no show for Williamsburg to pull that off. This is the one of the 2 games I see being a running clock for the entire 2nd half, the other being Wyoming/Waynesville.

Brookville would have to do a complete no show for Williamsburg to pull that off. This is the one of the 2 games I see being a running clock for the entire 2nd half, the other being Wyoming/Waynesville.
I hope your right honestly but I just have a little bit feeling that game could come down to the wire. Watching brookville vs Franklin they didn’t really break away until late 2nd half.

I think the SWBL is stronger than 1 win. Brookville is a favorite, Eaton is a favorite, Bellbrook is playing a young Trotwood team, I believe Valley View can win. 4 wins is very possible. I don't think Franklin stands a chance vs St Mary's. Waynesville might as well pack it in.

SWBL Playoff Pairings:

DIII R12:

DIV R16:

DV R20:
i cant seem to find out anything about williamsburg other than the basic stuff do any of you know much about them

Base off the league website they have two rb one over 1000 and the other around 900. Two guys have over 4 picks. Looks like the rb over 1000 is their best player and he have 18 td for the year also. Brookville may very well beat them.

Any takes on how these SWBL teams will match up against these opponents??? Especially exited to see Alter and Monroe as Alter has come pretty close to playing some SWBL teams in the playoffs (most notably Bellbrook). Anybody got a good prediction for this game and the bellbrook game. Again these are matchups we havent seen for years so it'd be interesting to see how it plays out. Monroe runs a similar Offense to Massie which Alter has seen with multiple opponents.
Lol man I can’t really talk much about the other teams from swbl besides Franklin and maybe Carlisle. I’ll say this bellbrook will win by 21+ I wouldn’t be surprised if they win by more. Carlisle will keep it close or get burn. Franklin will be lucky to get a 1st down if this is the same st Mary team from last year. Franklin could very will stay in the game due to their defense.

Any takes on how these SWBL teams will match up against these opponents??? Especially exited to see Alter and Monroe as Alter has come pretty close to playing some SWBL teams in the playoffs (most notably Bellbrook). Anybody got a good prediction for this game and the bellbrook game. Again these are matchups we havent seen for years so it'd be interesting to see how it plays out. Monroe runs a similar Offense to Massie which Alter has seen with multiple opponents.
I've seen everybody in the SWBL play at least once this year except for Waynesville. I don't give Waynesville or Franklin much of a chance to win. Waynesville simply because they play Wyoming and they could well win the region and Franklin just doesn't have the offensive capability to beat anybody right now. Trotwood is way down, I think Bellbrook cruises. They are playing their best ball at the right time and I wouldn't be shocked if they win several playoff games. But Trotwood is well coached with athlete's all over the field, so it could get interesting. I just don't see it happening. Monroe got a tough draw. They are more similar to Lakota East or Ross with what they do offensively than Massie. They have a really good FB who went for over 1800 yd this year. I hope they can stave off Alter but nobody at the top of this region wanted to draw Alter in the first round. Don't know much about Williamsburg, but Brookville is one of the smallest schools in the SWBL and they finished 8-2 with losses to Monroe (8-2) and Eaton (9-1). They are always hard-nosed and well coached. I look for them to cruise as well. I think Eaton beats Oakwood pretty easily. Eaton D is too good for Oakwood to accomplish much offensively. VV is talented enough to win Region 16, but they have lost several games late in the game and haven't shown the ability to beat the good teams they've faced. I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat Waverly. I also wouldn't be shocked if they were winning in the 4th quarter and found a way to lose. Don't know much about Reading either, but Carlisle has shown the ability to play good D and control the clock with the triple option in some games and they've looked very average in some other games. If Carlisle shows up ready to play, Reading will have their hands full.

i cant seem to find out anything about williamsburg other than the basic stuff do any of you know much about them
A typical Williamsburg team will have a couple of decent athletes but will struggle upfront against physical teams, that's why Blanchester was able to blow them out. Brookville will be much better up front and will control the line of scrimmage.

Either Brookville didn’t show up or our D was really good when we beat em in week 4 33-13. I was surprised how small they were and didn’t have the numbers. Our Dline gave them fits all night. They could never get their run heavy offense going. Brookville is still a talented team as always with a good coaching staff but I was not impressed by them at all. Of course they never pass the ball.

Last edited:
Either Brookville didn’t show up or our D was really good when we beat em in week 4 33-13. I was surprised how small they were and didn’t have the numbers. Our Dline gave them fits all night. They could never get their run heavy offense going. Brookville is still a talented team as always with a good coaching staff but I was not impressed by them at all. Of course they never pass the ball. Good luck to them.
I'm not saying Brookville is going to win the region but they will win round one. Williamsburg's best win is 5-5 East Clinton (a 14 seed in Region 20) while Brookville beat, VV, Franklin, Anna and Carlisle.

Now comes playoff time and the SWBL has to play some real opponents. Bellbrook and Eaton are the only teams that have a chance of winning a round, but won't last long. Even that terrible Kettering Alter team(5-5) will knock off Monroe's best team in years. R12 belongs to the Badin and R16 is between Massie and Wyoming.
Brookville will win in round 1, VV and Carlisle have a chance if they play well. I don't see any SWBL teams winning a region but they will win at least 3 first round games and could win 5.

I haven't been impressed with what I have seen watching Monroe. Were they better when they had the senior QB? Seems like they are very one dimensional with the run. I personally do not know if they have the athletes that Alter has, and Alter is clicking at the right time. I think the beloved hornets got a bad draw and are in for one this week.

I haven't been impressed with what I have seen watching Monroe. Were they better when they had the senior QB? Seems like they are very one dimensional with the run. I personally do not know if they have the athletes that Alter has, and Alter is clicking at the right time. I think the beloved hornets got a bad draw and are in for one this week.
They run the triple option. Their goal is to be one dimensional. Sr. QB definitely gave them another weapon. I'll believe Alter is clicking if they string together a couple of good wins. Right now they have one, in a rivalry game, vs CJ. I'm not counting thumping Carroll as a good win.

You have to admit our run game is pretty good. Our senior QB had a decent arm. He could make some good throws. Pretty accurate he was.

Last edited:
your right Brookville will win, but as for Carlisle and Valley View you need a lot of optimism. The SWBL is already guaranteed 1 win in Eaton vs Joekewood. so that gives you 2 wins against non conference teams.
Maybe I have a lot of optimism but I think Monroe has a fighting chance as well. If they can win one of the 3 a .500 record against non conference opponents in the playoffs isn't bad........

I've seen everybody in the SWBL play at least once this year except for Waynesville. I don't give Waynesville or Franklin much of a chance to win. Waynesville simply because they play Wyoming and they could well win the region and Franklin just doesn't have the offensive capability to beat anybody right now. Trotwood is way down, I think Bellbrook cruises. They are playing their best ball at the right time and I wouldn't be shocked if they win several playoff games. But Trotwood is well coached with athlete's all over the field, so it could get interesting. I just don't see it happening. Monroe got a tough draw. They are more similar to Lakota East or Ross with what they do offensively than Massie. They have a really good FB who went for over 1800 yd this year. I hope they can stave off Alter but nobody at the top of this region wanted to draw Alter in the first round. Don't know much about Williamsburg, but Brookville is one of the smallest schools in the SWBL and they finished 8-2 with losses to Monroe (8-2) and Eaton (9-1). They are always hard-nosed and well coached. I look for them to cruise as well. I think Eaton beats Oakwood pretty easily. Eaton D is too good for Oakwood to accomplish much offensively. VV is talented enough to win Region 16, but they have lost several games late in the game and haven't shown the ability to beat the good teams they've faced. I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat Waverly. I also wouldn't be shocked if they were winning in the 4th quarter and found a way to lose. Don't know much about Reading either, but Carlisle has shown the ability to play good D and control the clock with the triple option in some games and they've looked very average in some other games. If Carlisle shows up ready to play, Reading will have their hands full.
The SWBL just isn't a good league. They always have high seeded teams that go absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. Every GCL team, except Carrol, is top 3 in the SWBL, and makes the playoffs. If you don't believe me, Fenwick got walloped by every GCL school minus Carroll, and beat Franklin, a team that snuck into the playoffs simply because they are in the Slow White Boy League. My take is that not a single SWBL team makes it out of the first round, except Bellbrook, and Bellbrook won't make it past round 3 at best.

Now comes playoff time and the SWBL has to play some real opponents. Bellbrook and Eaton are the only teams that have a chance of winning a round, but won't last long. Even that terrible Kettering Alter team(5-5) will knock off Monroe's best team in years. R12 belongs to the Badin and R16 is between Massie and Wyoming.
Actually region 12 belongs to Alter(reigning champs) and until Badin actually gets out of Region 12 and wins the region then it will "belong" to them. Maybe this year is the year Badin wins it.

The SWBL just isn't a good league. They always have high seeded teams that go absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. Every GCL team, except Carrol, is top 3 in the SWBL, and makes the playoffs. If you don't believe me, Fenwick got walloped by every GCL school minus Carroll, and beat Franklin, a team that snuck into the playoffs simply because they are in the Slow White Boy League. My take is that not a single SWBL team makes it out of the first round, except Bellbrook, and Bellbrook won't make it past round 3 at best.
You obviously haven't looked at any bracket because either Eaton or Oakwood have to make it to the 2nd round. Brookville will be in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.