D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get eyes on Toronto this year? I know almost nothing about them.
I am thinking they can beat Independence. Two very different types of teams. Toronto is from down on the river and they are usually tough and physical. Independence is not known to be so. They like a more finesse type of game. Independence will have better skill guys.

I’ll never understand the comments about whose team is not very good or which ones are overrated. To me, this is just being disrespectful to high school kids and the schools they represent.

I am undoubtedly the oldest (in my seventies) Warren JFK fan on this site so yeah, I’m old school. Sportsmanship is important to me and I may have been raised differently from many of you, but I’m pleased to say that I’ll never change.

Good luck to all the schools playing this weekend and let’s all agree to see exciting injury free games.
The reality is there are good team and bad teams. This is a public forum to discuss those types of things. Saying a team isn't very good isn't bad sportsmanship, saying a particular kid stinks or something is completely different. That's uncalled for.

...Teams that I have watched that are good, Marion Local, New Bremen, Saint Henry, McComb, etc. JFK is Ok as an Independent. That does not make them "good"...

See. I can do it too.

Cherry pick the best and crap on everyone else. SMH.
Did Lucas have a lot of injuries that game against hillsdale ?

The reality is there are good team and bad teams. This is a public forum to discuss those types of things. Saying a team isn't very good isn't bad sportsmanship, saying a particular kid stinks or something is completely different. That's uncalled for.
You and I are on opposite ends with this topic. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Did Lucas have a lot of injuries that game against hillsdale ?
Our starting QB missed that game, plus, we lost our top tackler and one of our best RBs during that game. Our backup QB threw a few picks and give Hillsdale credit, they played hard in their home opener and new turf stadium launch.

Don’t know much about their football but have been in town a few times. They have this little bakery (Sweet Spot or Shop) that had me in a diabetic comma before I got 10 miles out of town!
Should do an obscure great little food gem for those of enjoying some of the small school games. FirestoneFan had some decent ones earlier.

Maybe not on this thread, but I've been known to not pull any punches (currently have what I assume is a parent all upset on the PAC thread for calling his kid's team "soft"). That said there's a MASSIVE difference between the "you're too stupid to understand" (re: pretty much any thread Massillon fan gets into) and "I think this about your team/ coach/ schedule/ scheme/ opponent, etc".

If you stumbled on here by mistake, so be it. If you stick around and don't like what/how things are said - that's on you.

Should do an obscure great little food gem for those of enjoying some of the small school games. FirestoneFan had some decent ones earlier.
In the words of Barney Stinson - "Challenge Accepted!" In order of seeds:
Lucas - won't touch it. Will leave to DNIS to explain the premade sammiches at Pinhook are the best thing to eat in town
Norwalk - Pizza Bros. Used to be a buffet before Covid hit. Went in there with crew from work once and watched two 12 year olds take an entire dessert pizza each and race each other. We started offering ... "financial incentives" to see what all they would eat. I'm sure their parents wanted to KILL us that night.
Warren - defer to JFK on this one.
Dalton - Mexican place right off US30 in the old Hardees is AWESOME. Food comes REALLY fast so get yourself an adult beverage so you don't think took long about "how could they have actually cooked it this fast?"
Independence/ Cuy Hts - Combing these because they're only a few miles apart & they EASILY have the best choices. If you want a good idea turned into a schmaltzy place, hit Melt. Otherwise, won't get a better breakfast than L.A. Petes. For dinner you gotta hit Harry's. House Strip is always the right answer, but they have this plate of medallions with crabmeat & hollandaise sauce (pardon me while I wipe my mouth)
Salineville - . . . . . . good luck
Malvern - DQ & gas station pizza in town, but if you go up/down the road a bit Cibo's in Waynesburg. Dirusso's Italian Sausage & Peppers on homemade bread. Not ashamed to say I've ordered 2 before. First time I got it ate it so fast I literally was done before my buddy put ketchup on his fries.

And, for the record, for health & lifestyle reasons, I am NO LONGER over 300lbs. It wasn't good for me, but re-reading that list, it sure was FUN!!!

Our starting QB missed that game, plus, we lost our top tackler and one of our best RBs during that game. Our backup QB threw a few picks and give Hillsdale credit, they played hard in their home opener and new turf stadium launch.
Thanks knew something had to be going on

After making the final 4 and both threads moving on past 2021 Massillon Football and 2021 Southwestern Buckeye League, the 2021 Yappi state championship game of most interesting/popular/hilarious threads goes to, in an upset, D7 R25 shocks the Midwest Athletic Conference 2021 for the title.

Ya, I said it. Let's goooooooooooo!

Seriously though, I really enjoy the banter/back-and-forth on here. Congrats for making this thread an absolute blast. Good luck to everyone's alma-maters moving forward! Here is to some injury-free football! Can't wait!
But I went to Field. At least Lucas never had the Field vs Lake jokes. When I was there we handled the Lake overflow but sorry to say, the Field seems barren now.

You need to go to Lowellville and try their concession stand. You won't have to eat anywhere after the game. DiRusso’s sausage was founded in Lowellville, btw.
Book it! I had one of those Will Ferrell moments the first time I found DiRusso's by the box in Sam's Club. I stood and stared at it for a good 3 minutes then ran up & down the aisles shrieking like Elf when he heard Santa's coming.

Educate yourself.

Looks like all 10 of their games are on the channel.
Went down their rabbit hole last night. They’re a handful to anyone. Plenty of size. Like a 6’3” 260 WR. Imagine that, just loose in your secondary. Conditioning and speed seemed…suspicious, but it had to be a real feel of a thick 104 degrees on the new turf. Independence is going to have to stretch them out and keep it moving all night.

Book it! I had one of those Will Ferrell moments the first time I found DiRusso's by the box in Sam's Club. I stood and stared at it for a good 3 minutes then ran up & down the aisles shrieking like Elf when he heard Santa's coming.
Always enjoyed coaching at Chippewa wrestling tourney’s. The coaches hospitality room had ENDLESS Steiner family sausage. Imagine coaches telling their guys to be sure and make weight while just sweating sausage. ? Could OD on it ?

Went down their rabbit hole last night. They’re a handful to anyone. Plenty of size. Like a 6’3” 260 WR. Imagine that, just loose in your secondary. Conditioning and speed seemed…suspicious, but it had to be a real feel of a thick 104 degrees on the new turf. Independence is going to have to stretch them out and keep it moving all night.
Toronto was the dirtiest team to ever play JFK that I witnessed in the flesh in 2015 & 2016. Windham was a close 2nd in 2018

Just watched some more film on the cubbies (Thanks OH Report), and no doubt about it my Mounties are pulling the upset, we are just bigger and stronger up front than they are, and Lesco is a faster more physical runner than any of their backs. Looks like mother nature is going to be in our favor as well. I am going to have to get some more syrup made for our big boys as many pancake blocks I see them getting. Go Mounties!

Just watched some more film on the cubbies (Thanks OH Report), and no doubt about it my Mounties are pulling the upset, we are just bigger and stronger up front than they are, and Lesco is a faster more physical runner than any of their backs. Looks like mother nature is going to be in our favor as well. I am going to have to get some more syrup made for our big boys as many pancake blocks I see them getting. Go Mounties!
That's Cubbies with a capital C, pal.

Hopefully the coach is gone to. It was more than a couple unruly kids. It was culture. Something like 10 unsportsmanlikes, ejections, targeting players ect. Both times we played them.
A friend of mine from Steubenville Catholic Central warned me about Toronto before we played them the first time. He said SCC played them frequently and Toronto played dirty football. He added that their coach encouraged such antics. I saw both playoff games back then and there is no doubt they were intentionally trying to injure JFK players. Fortunately, we beat them handily each year.

A friend of mine from Steubenville Catholic Central warned me about Toronto before we played them the first time. He said SCC played them frequently and Toronto was played dirty and their coach encouraged such antics. I saw both playoff games back then and there is no doubt they were intentionally trying to injure JFK players. Fortunately, we beat them handily each year.
As I would expect. That culture breeds no winners. Not that I’ve seen, at least.

In the words of Barney Stinson - "Challenge Accepted!" In order of seeds:
Lucas - won't touch it. Will leave to DNIS to explain the premade sammiches at Pinhook are the best thing to eat in town
Norwalk - Pizza Bros. Used to be a buffet before Covid hit. Went in there with crew from work once and watched two 12 year olds take an entire dessert pizza each and race each other. We started offering ... "financial incentives" to see what all they would eat. I'm sure their parents wanted to KILL us that night.
Warren - defer to JFK on this one.
Dalton - Mexican place right off US30 in the old Hardees is AWESOME. Food comes REALLY fast so get yourself an adult beverage so you don't think took long about "how could they have actually cooked it this fast?"
Independence/ Cuy Hts - Combing these because they're only a few miles apart & they EASILY have the best choices. If you want a good idea turned into a schmaltzy place, hit Melt. Otherwise, won't get a better breakfast than L.A. Petes. For dinner you gotta hit Harry's. House Strip is always the right answer, but they have this plate of medallions with crabmeat & hollandaise sauce (pardon me while I wipe my mouth)
Salineville - . . . . . . good luck
Malvern - DQ & gas station pizza in town, but if you go up/down the road a bit Cibo's in Waynesburg. Dirusso's Italian Sausage & Peppers on homemade bread. Not ashamed to say I've ordered 2 before. First time I got it ate it so fast I literally was done before my buddy put ketchup on his fries.

And, for the record, for health & lifestyle reasons, I am NO LONGER over 300lbs. It wasn't good for me, but re-reading that list, it sure was FUN!!!
Good eats in Lucas:
1. The 'Bow - Get the Bow burger and the all-American fries. Great wings too.
2. Pinhook Meats - You are correct. They have great cold cut sandwiches and tons of sides.
3. Open Door Cafe - They have great subs. Try the chicken-bacon-ranch.
4. Concessions - When I was Athletic Booster President we used to do cheeseburgers and French fries. I believe they still do, but not 100% about that. I generally do not frequent the concession stand.

Still see a lot of targeting not called. A lot. Looking at you McComb ?
To clarify it is the officials responsibility to call it. I get a little upset seeing it that often w/out a call. There’s just about no one even left in the NFL that wasn’t taught the new technique with considerable attention on CTE.
I’m not saying McComb is dirty. A LOT of teams try to play the MAC with intense physicality after hearing they don’t go full contact (I’d assume?) and it doesn’t seem to work…

Status
Not open for further replies.