The Official 2021 EBC football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't read too much into 7th grade results, all it takes at that level is one kid to mature before his peers and a coach willing to funnel him the ball at the expense of developing a roster and you've got yourself middle school juggernauts
seen the Minerva 7th grade team.....very tough kids who were run heavy....if they stay together they will be good!

Welcome to week 10, didn't think a team would stay undefeated and wrap up the league in week 9 but congrats to WB.. My predictions for Week 10:

West Branch 55
Salem 30
WB has too many weapons. Salem is explosive and will put up some points but not enough.

Alliance 28
Marlington 27
The Dukes have been playing well latey but will go with Alliance in a close one. this is toss up.

Carrollton 45
Minerva 0
Carrollton's running game will be too much for the small and undermanned Lions. Hopefully Minerva can not turn the ball over and keep them under 50. The big question is will Minerva have a football team in 2022?

Howland 30
Canton South 24
South is official done in the EBS. Howland is only 2-7 but their schedule is a lot more challenging and WB barely squeked by them.
I doubt Howland holds south to 24. South averaging 40 per game. Least amount they’ve scored is 28.

I doubt Howland holds south to 24. South averaging 40 per game. Least amount they’ve scored is 28.
i don't know much about Howland other than they played WB close. but it looks like the play a tougher schedule and would probably be 5-4 or 6-3 with South's schedule. And South could be 2-7 or 3-6 with Howland's D2/D3 schedule. Ravanna, Poland, Boardman, Niles, Canfied would all be a struggle for South and WB scored 63 on them. Youngtown Chaney would also be a tough matchup for South. So I really think this is an even match up.

So how in the world do Marlington beat Carrollton but get beat by Alliance? I couldn't believe that score when they announced it at the game tonight

i don't know much about Howland other than they played WB close. but it looks like the play a tougher schedule and would probably be 5-4 or 6-3 with South's schedule. And South could be 2-7 or 3-6 with Howland's D2/D3 schedule. Ravanna, Poland, Boardman, Niles, Canfied would all be a struggle for South and WB scored 63 on them. Youngtown Chaney would also be a tough matchup for South. So I really think this is an even match up.
Great game south! Looks like they are peaking at the right time

Not making excuses but Carrollton was off and Marlington played a great game!
Carrollton didn’t play that well in the first half against Minerva. They were up 28-7 but Minerva had a pick 6 and fumbled, both when they were driving and deep in Carrollton territory. The game was actually much closer than the score at the half. If they played like that against Marlington I can see why Marlington won. They did come out the 2nd half and dominate.

I agree ‘88, Carrollton went through the motions and didn’t play well at all the first half. They did play very well and physical in the 3rd and put it away. I think it has to be extremely hard for Minerva to throw the ball every down and expect good things to happen for 80 yards every drive. That being said, every time they tried to run it, it is not good either. I hope the Lions can turn it around soon. I’m sure it has to be difficult.

Told ya

I
I agree ‘88, Carrollton went through the motions and didn’t play well at all the first half. They did play very well and physical in the 3rd and put it away. I think it has to be extremely hard for Minerva to throw the ball every down and expect good things to happen for 80 yards every drive. That being said, every time they tried to run it, it is not good either. I hope the Lions can turn it around soon. I’m sure it has to be difficult.
It is going to be a while before Minerva has a chance to turn it around. Carrollton has a nice team and good luck to them in the playoffs. They really could had scored 60 and showed some class Friday. The limited their stud running backs carries and could have scored more.

Last edited:
Went to see WB - Salem game last night, one of the best high school football games I have seen it a while. Amazing atmosphere, well coached and hard hitting game. Congratulations to the Warriors for the undefeated season and good luck to both teams in week 11!!

Went to see WB - Salem game last night, one of the best high school football games I have seen it a while. Amazing atmosphere, well coached and hard hitting game. Congratulations to the Warriors for the undefeated season and good luck to both teams in week 11!!

They will play again in the post season i hope

I watched it online. incredible game!

Carrollton didn’t play that well in the first half against Minerva. They were up 28-7 but Minerva had a pick 6 and fumbled, both when they were driving and deep in Carrollton territory. The game was actually much closer than the score at the half. If they played like that against Marlington I can see why Marlington won. They did come out the 2nd half an

I watched it online. incredible game!

If i did the match ups right. They will face off week 12 again.

How deep does West Branch and salem go in the playoffs?

If i did the match ups right. They will face off week 12 again.

How deep does West Branch and salem go in the playoffs?
As much as I want EBC teams to make a run I don’t see either winning this region nor so I see a rematch. There are a lot of very good teams in region 13. It think West Branch and Salem can win a game or 2, South will probably an early exit against Ursuline. Ursuline, Perry and VASJ are going to hard to beat. Carrollton can win game or 2 on region 15 but will eventually run into Bloom Carroll. Didn’t West Branch really struggle with the CVCA power running game last year? That 1-16 match is not a guaranteed win. With that being said all 4 teams are very good and all but South would have made the playoffs had they still only taken 8. Pretty good year for the EBC, especially if they get 2 or 3 wins in the playoffs

EBC Playoff football
D 4 Region 13
CVCA at West Branch
Woodridge at Salem
Canton South at Ursuline

D 4 Region 15
Cambridge at Carrollton

Huge accomplishments for these four really good football teams !
Now who do you got for week one of high school playoffs?

West Branch will win in a tricky first round game against CVCA.
I have Salem defeating Woodridge by 2 touchdowns!
I hope Canton South pulls an upset , unfortunately I don’t feel that will happen!
Carrollton will move on to the 2nd for a possible week one rematch!

Last edited:
Maybe but are they qualified?
Just getting somebody young and hungry that is willing to put in the work at the younger levels would be helpful. let him learn as the program grows. I really believed that Willison would have won more games than 3 in 2019 and 20 and was the right coach at that time.. . I am not going to bash any coaches or players because this was the most undersized and least talented team that i have season, so to put in the work knowing the results every Friday and admiriable, however, I will say that Hundley was not the right fit for a long term fix. we did not need a retired teacher 3 years ago. There are good athletes in Minerva, they just need to keep playing football and not leave the district. It's obiously going to hard to attract a highly qualified coach so they need to find one who will be patient and keep them program heading in the the right direction.

EBC Playoff football
D 4 Region 13
CVCA at West Branch
Woodridge at Salem
Canton South at Ursuline

D 4 Region 15
Cambridge at Carrollton

Huge accomplishments for these four really good football teams !
Now who do you got for week one of high school playoffs?

West Branch will win in a tricky first round game against CVCA.
I have Salem defeating Woodridge by 2 touchdowns!
I hope Canton South pulls an upset , unfortunately I don’t feel that will happen!
Carrollton will move on to the 2nd for a possible week one rematch!
Congrats to all 4 teams. I agree about West Branch - it's a "Tricky" game.. CVCA did beat them last year after the playoffs were over and it was basically and pick up game. I think WB will score a lot of points and play better defense this year and win 35-25. Hopefully the rain on WBs natural grass field doesnt give the advantage to CVCA,

Salem and Woodridge have a common opponent, WB beat Woodridge 48-24 and I think Salem will do the same. Salem's weakness was a poor schedule early but they finished against some good teams and are battle tested.

Canton South got the toughest 1st round games but they are supposed since they are a 14 seed. I don't think Ursuline is quite as good as they were last year but i think they win this one 34-14.

Carrollton could keep winning until they run into Bloom Carroll who may be the best team in D4.. but I think it iwll be a close one with Cambridge hopeing the Warriors win 28-21.

I think the EBC can go 3-1 in week 1 but after that their could be some exits. I didn's see any brackets yet.

I saw the brackets. WB can win 2 but it won't be easy, Perry could be their 3rd game and that will be a tough one to win. Salem and South are in the opposite half and have deal wih Ursuline and VASJ. Carrollton can get their revenge against St, Clairsville in week 2..

Just getting somebody young and hungry that is willing to put in the work at the younger levels would be helpful. let him learn as the program grows. I really believed that Willison would have won more games than 3 in 2019 and 20 and was the right coach at that time.. . I am not going to bash any coaches or players because this was the most undersized and least talented team that i have season, so to put in the work knowing the results every Friday and admiriable, however, I will say that Hundley was not the right fit for a long term fix. we did not need a retired teacher 3 years ago. There are good athletes in Minerva, they just need to keep playing football and not leave the district. It's obiously going to hard to attract a highly qualified coach so they need to find one who will be patient and keep them program heading in the the right direction.
Just to get a feel for where Minerva is at as a program was Minerva able to field a JV team this season and did they have separate 7th & 8th grade teams or did they have to have a combined team?

Status
Not open for further replies.