SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Crazy Horse

How does everyone feel the SWBL will shake out this year? A lot of shakeups with teams leaving and kids graduating. There is alot of unknowns in league except Oakwood and Franklin return quite a bit. The West side will be very interesting and is wide open.

My preseason picks would be as follows:

EAST
Franklin
Oakwood
Bellbrook
Monroe
Waynesville

WEST
Valley View
Carlisle
Brookville
Madison
Eaton

How does everyone feel the SWBL will shake out this year? A lot of shakeups with teams leaving and kids graduating. There is alot of unknowns in league except Oakwood and Franklin return quite a bit. The West side will be very interesting and is wide open.

My preseason picks would be as follows:

EAST
Franklin
Oakwood
Bellbrook
Monroe
Waynesville

WEST
Valley View
Carlisle
Brookville
Madison
Eaton
So they are splitting for basketball. I thought someone said they weren’t makes sense, is it play everyone on your side 2x and play the other side 1x. And your right it’s Franklin and Oakwood in the East and I’m not sure in the West.

I’ve seen the Indians schedule and they play the west twice, and crossovers once. I think all games count towards standings though. At least that’s what I’ve been hearing.

I’ve seen the Indians schedule and they play the west twice, and crossovers once. I think all games count towards standings though. At least that’s what I’ve been hearing.
That’s interesting, also only 9 OOC games to fill so that makes it a little easier on AD’s.

Monroe plays Edgewood the first game. Should be interesting. Pretty optimistic about Monroe this year I think we’ll do well in league play. Not saying we’re going to put down the hammer on everyone but We’ll be fine.

That’s interesting, also only 9 OOC games to fill so that makes it a little easier on AD’s.
Yeah it looks like the Indians Out of conference games are: Bethel, National Trail, Fenwick, Dayton Christian, legacy Christian, Twin Valley, Emmanuel Christian, and A holiday tourney 2 games at Dixie. Looks like their conference schedule is tough and scheduled lighter in non conference.

To
Monroe plays Edgewood the first game. Should be interesting. Pretty optimistic about Monroe this year I think we’ll do well in league play. Not saying we’re going to put down the hammer on everyone but We’ll be fine.
Tough first game out of gate. Will tell you something about Monroe for sure.

Yeah it looks like the Indians Out of conference games are: Bethel, National Trail, Fenwick, Dayton Christian, legacy Christian, Twin Valley, Emmanuel Christian, and A holiday tourney 2 games at Dixie. Looks like their conference schedule is tough and scheduled lighter in non conference.
Bethel is not"lighter". That is a good program.

Franklin will open the season at 12:30, Nov. 26 . They are in the First game at the Ohio Valley Hoops Classic at Mason High School. There will be 3 games after the Cats game. They will play Lakota West which has D-1 recruit Nathan Dudukovich and Franklin will counter with 3 returning starters,.. Nate Paarlburg, Noah Rich and Izzy Bales .

Last edited:
Franklin has also beefed up the schedule with Belmont, Thurgood Marshall, Springboro,Lebanon,Edgewood and Vandalia. With Oakwood and Bellbrook 2 times each this could be Franklins toughest regular season schedule in recent memory.

Last edited:
Yeah I stand Corrected Bethel is a solid program. Was mainly talking about Christian schools. Trail has been solid the past few years as well. Don’t know if they graduated a lot?
Don't forget last year, with what should have been their best roster in years, Carlisle beat Bethel by 10, beat 9-14 EC by 1 and lost to DC by 22. I hope the Indians don't think their non-conference schedule is light

This year will be a whole new squad at Carlisle, coaches included. They looked pretty good in scrimmage on Saturday, vs Franklin Monroe. There is a lot of basketball to be played but think they will be improved this year Especially from the leadership/coaching point of view. Last years results don't hold up much as its a different season, with different circumstances. Only time will tell.

This year will be a whole new squad at Carlisle, coaches included. They looked pretty good in scrimmage on Saturday, vs Franklin Monroe. There is a lot of basketball to be played but think they will be improved this year Especially from the leadership/coaching point of view. Last years results don't hold up much as its a different season, with different circumstances. Only time will tell.
I’ll have to see it to believe it, Carlisle has been disappointing for awhile. I watched the JV last year and I just don’t see it. Maybe the new coach has it going in the right direction I don’t know, but the side Carlisle is on isn’t any better than them. I believe the SWBL this year is Oakwood and Franklin and after that not much to talk about I could honestly see any team finishing 3-10.

I’ll have to see it to believe it, Carlisle has been disappointing for awhile. I watched the JV last year and I just don’t see it. Maybe the new coach has it going in the right direction I don’t know, but the side Carlisle is on isn’t any better than them. I believe the SWBL this year is Oakwood and Franklin and after that not much to talk about I could honestly see any team finishing 3-10.
They scrimmaged Middletown Christian tonight, they won 3/4 quarters they played. Looks like they will be young and coach has them trending in right direction. They will be in games in their side of Swbl. I agree with you Oakwood and Franklin are the two contenders in this league this year. Carlisle will hold their own this year might not look good in Wins and loses but they are for sure going to be in a better place than previous years. a lot of youth and talent coming.

Anybody seen any scrimmages in Swbl? I watched Carlisle vs Tecumseh Saturday. The Indians are young, but was competitive for the most part. They didn’t win a quarter but kept them close until the last one.

Saw Franklin vs .Xenia, National Trail ,Oak Hills and Ponitz in 2 separate scrimmages. Played 2 quarters against each and the won 7 and tied 1.

Saw Franklin vs .Xenia, National Trail ,Oak Hills and Ponitz in 2 separate scrimmages. Played 2 quarters against each and the won 7 and tied 1.
Franklin will be as advertised then! Hopefully they can get a decent draw in D1 and get a game or two.

Franklin will be as advertised then! Hopefully they can get a decent draw in D1 and get a game or two.
Has a tough schedule open with Lakota west.they have,Vandalia, belmont,lebanon,Greenview which is usually a very competitive small school,edgewood, Thurgood Marshall Springboro, then add oakwood,bellbrook,and monroe 2 times each. Opener a day after Thanksgiving At Mason against Lakota west At 12 30

Last edited:
Wow didn’t schedule light, should be a fun year. Definitely will be battle tested come tourney time. Carlisle scrimmages Edgewood tonight, should see how they are.

Went well, Carlisle played well just got tired towards the end. Edgewood is not very big, a lot of average size players. I feel Edgewood will struggle D1 this year. Don't know what their Schedule looks like but it would be good for them if they are around .500. Carlisle will be young they Started 2 Freshman and 3 Juniors. Played 5 quarters,

1st) Carlisle 16 Edge 9
2nd) Edge 15 Carlisle 11
3rd) Edge 16 Carlisle 10
4th) Edge 10 Carlisle 6
5th) Edge 12 Carlisle 5

Went well, Carlisle played well just got tired towards the end. Edgewood is not very big, a lot of average size players. I feel Edgewood will struggle D1 this year. Don't know what their Schedule looks like but it would be good for them if they are around .500. Carlisle will be young they Started 2 Freshman and 3 Juniors. Played 5 quarters,

1st) Carlisle 16 Edge 9
2nd) Edge 15 Carlisle 11
3rd) Edge 16 Carlisle 10
4th) Edge 10 Carlisle 6
5th) Edge 12 Carlisle 5
Remember Edgewood probably had started l starters still playing football.

Brookville scrimmaged Bradford Tuesday night I heard and lost by a few points not sure how they will be in the league this year
Don’t know much about Brookville, looks like they played Oakwood and Franklin tough last year? Also looks like they graduated some solid players as well?

Buddy of mine has a son at Franklin. They went to Ft. Loramie last night. Lost the first quarter to Ft. Loramie and tied Northmont. Beat Loramie by 3, and beat Northmont by 9.