Question - Conner McClure's 17' 3" vault - State Record?

JAVMAN83

Question for the community:

Did McClure's vault of 17' 3" at his home Twighlight Relays count as a state record? I see only two vaulters listed in the results...both McClure brothers.

I believe there are a required # of schools entered to count as a real meet.

Anyone in the know on this? I am updating all my all-time lists currently.

Question for the community:

Did McClure's vault of 17' 3" at his home Twighlight Relays count as a state record? I see only two vaulters listed in the results...both McClure brothers.

I believe there are a required # of schools entered to count as a real meet.

Anyone in the know on this? I am updating all my all-time lists currently.
From the state record reporting form template:

In order for this record to be considered, it must:
1.) Be established in outdoor competition limited exclusively to high school contestants in a high school contest during the OHSAA approved season;
2.) Involve five or more high schools;
3.) Use fully automatic timing (FAT) for a track event, and
4.) Be within NFHS regulations for permissible wind gauge (anemometer) readings in the long jump, 100 meters, 200 meters and 100 or 110 meter hurdles. The current standard is that wind readings of 2.1 meters per second and above will not be considered for a record.

So far, I've found only an article in the local paper from a couple days before the meet as well as a list of results from the Cloverleaf HS athletes who competed. According to the article, the meet was a by-product of another meet Green wanted to attend that day but was shut out of due to the host school having to reduce the size of the meet to conform with local COVID guidelines. Cloverleaf did not have PVers, and it's possible that none of the other competing schools did either. The event is very hit or miss in NE Ohio.

I will keep looking later.

From the state record reporting form template:

In order for this record to be considered, it must:
1.) Be established in outdoor competition limited exclusively to high school contestants in a high school contest during the OHSAA approved season;
2.) Involve five or more high schools;
3.) Use fully automatic timing (FAT) for a track event, and
4.) Be within NFHS regulations for permissible wind gauge (anemometer) readings in the long jump, 100 meters, 200 meters and 100 or 110 meter hurdles. The current standard is that wind readings of 2.1 meters per second and above will not be considered for a record.

So far, I've found only an article in the local paper from a couple days before the meet as well as a list of results from the Cloverleaf HS athletes who competed. According to the article, the meet was a by-product of another meet Green wanted to attend that day but was shut out of due to the host school having to reduce the size of the meet to conform with local COVID guidelines. Cloverleaf did not have PVers, and it's possible that none of the other competing schools did either. The event is very hit or miss in NE Ohio.

I will keep looking later.
Thank you for the info. Sounds like it won't be recognized by OHSAA, but it will be on my lists in one form or another.

Thank you for the info. Sounds like it won't be recognized by OHSAA, but it will be on my lists in one form or another.
I'm still looking for which other teams attended the meet. My first look at Arbiter indicated that the meet was on Coventry's schedule and listed 4 other teams as scheduled to attend but did not say which teams they were as Arbiter will sometimes do.

FWIW, Green's PV coach likely knows the drill. A few state champions have come through that program on the girls' side, so if the performance was eligible for a state record, I would expect he'd know about the paperwork.

I will dig some more later. IIRC, the older McClure was battling injuries during the 2nd half of the season and vaulted sparingly.