Open Weeks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday Updates:
Week 9

Bishop Fenwick@ Hamilton Badin - Cancelled (Hamilton Badin looking)
Fisher Catholic @ KIPP Columbus - Cancelled (KIPP Columbus looking)

Monday Updates:
Week 9

Bishop Fenwick@ Hamilton Badin - Cancelled (Hamilton Badin looking)
Fisher Catholic @ KIPP Columbus - Cancelled (KIPP Columbus looking)
Unfortunately one of those teams has turned down the opportunity to play the other.

From a former colleague of mine who coaches there:

Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central in Monroe, Michigan (enrollment of 341 students, D7, 6-1 record) is looking for a game on Friday, October 22. If interested, reply or message me and I will give you their contact information

Tuesday Updates:
Week 9

Dayton Dunbar @ Thurgood Marshall - Cancelled (Dunbar looking)
Dayton Meadowdale @ Dohn Community - Cancelled (Meadowdale looking)
New Miami @ St. Bernard-Elnwood Place - Cancelled (SBEP looking)
River View @ Maysville - Cancelled (Maysville looking)

Last edited:
Wednesday Updates:
Week 9

Cincinnati Shroder @ Hillcrest Academy - Cancelled (Shroder looking)
Eastwood @ Fostoria - Cancelled (Neither team looking)
Vanlue @ Cory-Rawson - Postponed until 10/29
Warrensville Heights @ University School - Cancelled (University School looking)

Dayton Meadowdale vs. Cincinnati Shroder - @ Walnut Hills (Thursday)
Maysville @ Cloverleaf

Week 10
Millbury Lake @ Fostoria - Cancelled (Millbury Lake looking)

Last edited:
Is it like last year where some teams can opt out of the playoffs? If so does that mean team ranked #17 is invited or is it just a Bye? Or are these teams just not expecting to be in the Top 16 in their region?

Fostoria is cancelling its last two football games due to COVID issues on the team. Fostoria's home games against Eastwood (Week 9, 10/15) and Lake (Week 10, 10/22) will NOT be played.

Is it like last year where some teams can opt out of the playoffs? If so does that mean team ranked #17 is invited or is it just a Bye? Or are these teams just not expecting to be in the Top 16 in their region?
They had to opt out week 7

Hopefully Southeast can find someone unless they are content resting up for JFK and postseason.
They may do just that. To improve their seeding, they'd have to find a team that's .500 or better. I don't know that there are many of those out there of a similar size.

Incidentally, I have not seen this cancellation posted anywhere else yet, but Arbiter is pretty reliable.

Seeding is kind of arbitrary right now because you don't know if South Range beats Hubbard, Garaway beats Ridgewood. Not certain which of those two teams is better...Raiders or Pirates

Seeding is kind of arbitrary right now because you don't know if South Range beats Hubbard, Garaway beats Ridgewood. Not certain which of those two teams is better...Raiders or Pirates
South Range is definitely better, no question, mind you the Pirates are also really good just not quite on the level of the Raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.