Top 5 Teams in the Youngstown Area (Week 7)

hubbards senior class never beat struthers in football through 8th grade. struthers senior class this year will graduate 0-4 against us on the varsity level. Id be salty to man lmao
Oh now I get it you’re a little kid. Football through eighth grade does not matter at all. The outcome of a high school football game does not affect my life. Obviously it does yours. You and hubcrapper both

I haven’t seen a lot of Harding’s stuff just your stuff on Twitter but they look solid. Early season woes but they will be a tough out! As for Ursuline I still think they are the best team in d4. Canfield is very good too but that region is stacked same for range

Harding not throwing the ball this year is the equivalent of us not running Clarett on 1st, 2nd, & 3rd down from inside the 10-yard line against Cleveland St. Ignatius 20 years. Fans are still ticked off about that.

In every loss, Harding only started throwing lot after we were down. Now, the play calling last week vs. Boardman was perfect, but the execution early on could've been better. The threat of the pass opened up the running lanes though. If we use that philosophy from that night moving forward, we'll be playing deep into the playoffs.

Looking forward to seeing how all of the area teams fare, which is kinda weird with Mooney being so down. They helped carry the torch for so long, but as I said in my latest game preview, history suggests that they'll be back sooner than later.

Harding not throwing the ball this year is the equivalent of us not running Clarett on 1st, 2nd, & 3rd down from inside the 10-yard line against Cleveland St. Ignatius 20 years. Fans are still ticked off about that.

In every loss, Harding only started throwing lot after we were down. Now, the play calling last week vs. Boardman was perfect, but the execution early on could've been better. The threat of the pass opened up the running lanes though. If we use that philosophy from that night moving forward, we'll be playing deep into the playoffs.

Looking forward to seeing how all of the area teams fare, which is kinda weird with Mooney being so down. They helped carry the torch for so long, but as I said in my latest game preview, history suggests that they'll be back sooner than later.
Yeah they’ll definitely be back, but I’m still hoping for Youngstown Central Catholic. Black and gold. Call them the saints.

Yeah, I didn't even include that 2001 season since it was a Regional runner-up season, but playing a Bedford Chanel team that was stacked with talent like Tony Franklin, and playing them fairly close, would also rank as one of the Raiders best seasons. But my point was that the Raiders have had several great teams, and not the best they have had in a long time. I guess time is a relative thing. This season may prove to be the best, time will tell.

ThaXFactor, I will never forget that game in Salem with your Rebels. That was maybe the best high school football game I ever witnessed. Wasn't it Jordan Reynolds at quarterback for you guys? That game went back and forth, blow by blow until the final end.
You are correct, it was Jordan Reynolds. Adam Thompson was at RB and Andy Walton at DE/OT. They were the standouts on that team. It was a special team, but your darn Raiders were just a half a step better!

Where are you from?
American Football Cry GIF by ransport

I always forget about Garfield. Are they technically an area team?
They are located on the east side of Portage County. The Warren Tribune Chronicle covers them like a local team because they aren't too far from Warren and are part of the Tribs market.