St. Thomas cancelling games now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great but I've been there. It isnt a close setting. Too far from the field like some other smaller stadiums. Nice board though. I'd doubt any other d5 has a screen like that.
It's a nice stadium but you better bring binoculars no matter where you sit.

What are the broken promises that continue to be referenced?

Also kids go to STA middle school and then end up at Central? Seems to defeat the purpose of STA having a middle school.
Football scholarships and championships is what I'm thinking.

I’m not saying there are 30 coming up in 8th. They have 20 kids this year. Going to lose a few seniors. Can’t they get 10-15 kids to play next year? If so, that will be 25-30
They might be able to field a team but never good to count on that many freshmen

Is it even feasible to combine CCC and STA? It's not like they are even close to each other, it's quite a hike from the STA campus to CCC. I dont know the demographics of where STA gets most of their kids, but I'm assuming it's within a 10 mile radius of the school. Do you think those kids would travel to Perry Township to play football
Will never happen....

Will never happen....
This. That ship sailed for the last time a few years ago.

I was in favor of a merger for a long time but no longer care as long as the combined board and president aren't leeching off one to artificially prop up the other. Let the market decide if both schools are sustainable.

This. That ship sailed for the last time a few years ago.

I was in favor of a merger for a long time but no longer care as long as the combined board and president aren't leeching off one to artificially prop up the other. Let the market decide if both schools are sustainable.
I am happy that ship sailed long ago. Any merger would net very little in terms of actual growth and would likely lead to the total demise of both schools. In my opinion it would benefit both the high schools to not be governed by one board, which has to this point ultimately just created an additional level of bureaucracy in the diocese. That being said, both schools should feel revived by the latest expansion of the voucher program, which should allow for sustainable and positive growth moving forward.

I looked at STA's records over the last few years. They had 5 wins last year. I know it's bad right now but i have a feeling and they will be a decent D6 - D7 team in the not so distant future. I hear they have some pretty loyal alumni that can probably right the ship. I wonder if COVID hurt their enrollment is some way?

NBC 1988 …Southeast used to play West branch all the time.Agree,Minerva and STA 2 of worse teams probably in the state Should play. SE coach now will not play anybody decent non league. If he could get out playing The tough league games He would do that Also. Just trying to get as many wins as he can even if the opponents have 15, 18, 20 players. They have had some decent talent and have a couple really nice players this year but I do not see them being close to Mogadore or JFK.If They would’ve played a couple decent opponents along the way they could probably compete. Really like the one D Lineman number 5…nice player.

NBC 1988 …Southeast used to play West branch all the time.Agree,Minerva and STA 2 of worse teams probably in the state Should play. SE coach now will not play anybody decent non league. If he could get out playing The tough league games He would do that Also. Just trying to get as many wins as he can even if the opponents have 15, 18, 20 players. They have had some decent talent and have a couple really nice players this year but I do not see them being close to Mogadore or JFK.If They would’ve played a couple decent opponents along the way they could probably compete. Really like the one D Lineman number 5…nice player.
thanks for the input... I am a lifelong Minerva fan and we are really severely outmatched every game. we were better the last 2 years and had size an good players but this year is a tough year. and STA matchup would be good for both teams. I don't thing SE would want any part of West Branch not would they be real successful in the EBC.

@ohioscheduler on Twitter has both listed as possible cancelations. Not sure what that is based on, but he seems to keep a very updated list.
It’s based on both schools opponents having had to cancel last week. There’s been no indication they won’t be playing this week as scheduled against Sebring and Jackson-Milton

At 1300 STA was a GO. At 2000 STA was a Cancel. You take people on their word. Things happen though. We wish STA the best.
I think it is safe to say it's a dumpster fire. I feel heartbroken for the boys. Especially the seniors. This does not bode well for the rest of the teams playing them. There is misinformation coming out from them. ADs better be on the phone. I would not even risk waiting until they cancelled. 2 games in a row is a trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.