Top 5 Teams in the Youngstown Area (Week 7)

NeoFootballFan75

1. Canfield
2. Ursuline
3. Warren
4. Fitch
5A) Hubbard
5B) Boardman

For me hard to decide between Hubbard & Boardman because Hubbard has looked so good, but played pretty much no one.

Thoughts?

1. Canfield
2. Ursuline
3. Warren
4. Fitch
5A) Hubbard
5B) Boardman

For me hard to decide between Hubbard & Boardman because Hubbard has looked so good, but played pretty much no one.

Thoughts?
Hubbard played Poland. The same Poland who played Canfield pretty close. Besides that, Norwayne. But they're a smaller school. One of the better smaller schools in the state though. I've basically accepted that we won't know how truly good Hubbard is until SR and playoff time. I think Hubbard had a very high ceiling. Caffey is one of the best in the state at his position and a true Mr. Ohio contender. The defense is extremely talented and possibly starting to put it together. But there's a lot left to prove. And honestly, they haven't accomplished anything yet. So we'll see.

Hubbard played Poland. The same Poland who played Canfield pretty close. Besides that, Norwayne. But they're a smaller school. One of the better smaller schools in the state though. I've basically accepted that we won't know how truly good Hubbard is until SR and playoff time.
The problem is that Canfield has been very inconsistent this year more so than in years past and more so than most teams this year.
If Canfield played at the level they were playing against Fitch against Poland, it wouldn't have been close. Canfield did not play very well at Poland but still won by 2 TDs or whatever it was. Hubbard has been more consistent in my opinion this season. The only other team that has been as inconsistent as Canfield and has had a very similar season is Saint Vincent-Saint Mary.
Unfortunately Hubbard is too one dimensional, they don't have a proven passing attack or any true deep threats. They are a great team don't get me wrong, and Caffey is an exceptional player, but they just aren't quite at the same level as the top few teams in the area.

Hubbard played Poland. The same Poland who played Canfield pretty close. Besides that, Norwayne. But they're a smaller school. One of the better smaller schools in the state though. I've basically accepted that we won't know how truly good Hubbard is until SR and playoff time. I think Hubbard had a very high ceiling. Caffey is one of the best in the state at his position and a true Mr. Ohio contender. The defense is extremely talented and possibly starting to put it together. But there's a lot left to prove. And honestly, they haven't accomplished anything yet. So we'll see.
Hubbard also barely beat a bad Mooney team to where others smoked them. I think SR should absolutely be on this list

I just hope the Raiders are better than Jefferson, Lakeview and Hubbard right now.
Jefferson and Lakeview isn't even a question. Hubbard should be a great match up. I think South Range will beat Hubbard, but it will definitely be close either way.

Hubbard also barely beat a bad Mooney team to where others smoked them. I think SR should absolutely be on this list
True, but you have to remember. That was a week 2 game against a team they had never won against in school history. I knew that was going to be close regardless. I think Hubbard is a lot better since that game. I also think Mooney took a little hit when the Pelini drama happened. But then again we won't know until the games are played. SR should be considered a favorite against Hubbard. For now.

What about Ursuline?
shoot. You're right. I forgot the irish. I would put ursuline just a sliver past fitch and take off Hubbard/range. If atown was healthy I think they would have beat ursuline. don't think they would have beat canfield though. this is all subject to change though

This may be the best team SR has had for a long time and the best they will have for a long time, for Hubbard to beat them they will have to be able to keep the SR offense off the field, or crest some sort of a passing game which consistently has yet to be seen

Idk what’s so funny about that
man youve been wrong so many times about hubbard this year that all I can do it laugh at you. First you ranted how it was a two team league. poland+range. then we heard all offseason how hubbard was a winnable game for struthers. now your doubling down on range lol

man youve been wrong so many times about hubbard this year that all I can do it laugh at you. First you ranted how it was a two team league. poland+range. then we heard all offseason how hubbard was a winnable game for struthers. now your doubling down on range lol
Range is better than Hubbard based off of every single metric you can look it. That hasn’t changed. Still think Poland was the better team that lost control of the game but that doesn’t matter much. Don’t need to double down on range they are the most complete team. You believe what you want. Week 10 is not far from now.

Range is better than Hubbard based off of every single metric you can look it. That hasn’t changed. Still think Poland was the better team that lost control of the game but that doesn’t matter much. Don’t need to double down on range they are the most complete team. You believe what you want. Week 10 is not far from now.
you have no credit. your constantly wrong and spew b.s hate on hubbard.. hubbard dominated poland in the second half after self inflicted wounds in the 1h. snap over punters head,ect. poland didn't unravel lol. hubbard lined up and shoved the ball down there throat. almost every one on here thinks range hubbard will be close. hubbard has the best player in the area. and maybe the best offensive line. To say range is better at every metric is careless. stick to basketball bud

Range, Poland and Hubbard are the top dogs in the league. Three very solid teams. If Kirtland wasnt in SR's region, I think that they go to state. That matchup is going to be a great game.

Range's offense is better than Hubbard's. Their offense has evolved over the years with their gun-t. Solid oline, qb, running backs, wideouts and a great coaching staff.

Defensively, I give the edge to Hubbard very slightly over Range. It should be a great game week 10.

Range, Poland and Hubbard are the top dogs in the league. Three very solid teams. If Kirtland wasnt in SR's region, I think that they go to state. That matchup is going to be a great game.

Range's offense is better than Hubbard's. Their offense has evolved over the years with their gun-t. Solid oline, qb, running backs, wideouts and a great coaching staff.

Defensively, I give the edge to Hubbard very slightly over Range. It should be a great game week 10.
I agree 1000%. Im hoping we can grind range out and keep their offense off the field. when that game comes. 3-5 yards a pop all night. I also think our defense has improved a lot since game 1

you have no credit. your constantly wrong and spew b.s hate on hubbard.. hubbard dominated poland in the second half after self inflicted wounds in the 1h. snap over punters head,ect. poland didn't unravel lol. hubbard lined up and shoved the ball down there throat. almost every one on here thinks range hubbard will be close. hubbard has the best player in the area. and maybe the best offensive line. To say range is better at every metric is careless. stick to basketball bud
Keep crying No one cares. Every metric that I can think of south range is better. South Range have a better coaching staff, offense, yappi posters, and defense. That might not be the case, but if my opinion is really going to get your panties in a wad like this I will continue to give you my opinions because it is hilarious. Also the stick to basketball comment is cute, you are allowed to be good at basketball I know Hubbard has not been good at basketball since 2007 but it’s OK.

This may be the best team SR has had for a long time and the best they will have for a long time, for Hubbard to beat them they will have to be able to keep the SR offense off the field, or crest some sort of a passing game which consistently has yet to be seen
I'm not sure about that Buckeye, the Raiders played in a state semi-final and went 13-1 in 2005, and again in 2017. Do they have the potential to go all the way to a state championship? Maybe, but there are a lot of good team out there. Kirtland being maybe the best.

I'm not sure about that Buckeye, the Raiders played in a state semi-final and went 13-1 in 2005, and again in 2017. Do they have the potential to go all the way to a state championship? Maybe, but there are a lot of good team out there. Kirtland being maybe the best.
2005 was a long time ago lol

Until we find out what this year's Raiders do, I'm going to put them just behind the 2001 and 2005 Raiders. In 01 I believe they fell in the Regional Final to Chanel, who went 15-0 and defeated the D3 champs that year. The 05 team was stacked too! I consider our 2005 team to be our 3rd or 4th best team ever, and your 05 Raiders beat us twice that year!

Keep crying No one cares. Every metric that I can think of south range is better. South Range have a better coaching staff, offense, yappi posters, and defense. That might not be the case, but if my opinion is really going to get your panties in a wad like this I will continue to give you my opinions because it is hilarious. Also the stick to basketball comment is cute, you are allowed to be good at basketball I know Hubbard has not been good at basketball since 2007 but it’s OK.
lol. and like I pointed out your opinion is wrong time + time again. thankfully. Mayb your our good luck charm since your wrong so much. I think your obsession with hubbard football is odd. o and I could give a hell less about basketball. but atleast you have something to hang your hat on

You can’t always call someone a hater because they pick your team to lose. Especially when they pick your team to win most nights. Be mad at that Lowellville kid who runs those sports accounts he had Hubbard at 4-6 this season lol

An opinion cannot be wrong. Carry on lol. and like I pointed out your opinion is wrong time + time again. thankfully. Mayb your our good luck charm since your wrong so much. I think your obsession with hubbard football is odd. o and I could give a hell less about basketball. but atleast you have something to hang your hat on