St. Xavier (6-0) vs Louisville Trinity (0-6)

BlueBomber94

St. Xavier (6-0), ranked #10 nationally, takes on Louisville Trinity (0-6). Despite Louisville Trinity having a surprisingly down year, expect them to fight tooth and nail for their first win.

When I saw the title, I thought someone made a mistake. Shocked that Trinity is 0-6. They are always one of the top big schools in KY.

It's not like Louisville Trinity has been playing chumps, but St. X is still a lot better than any team they have faced, and they've LOST to everybody they've faced. St. X rolls.

I think X can name the score in this one. Trinity graduated a ton of talent from last year's championship team, and X has rolled over better teams already. Hoping for no injuries and another running clock- and the same fate not to befall X next year.

Trinity starts 6 sophomores on defense and defense is the team weakness. The offense keeps them in games. They gave up 303 yards rushing against Lou St.X last Friday. Cincy St. X will win big since they are best team Trinity will face this year.

Wish our game hadn't been cancelled, it would've been a good one. Unfortunately this is a down year for Trinity. They're still probably as good as Elder, Colerain or Olentangy Liberty, which means running clock at the half or early third quarter.

St X is upset by Louisville Trinity 33-32. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would be the outcome. St. X looked off balance and without an answer for Trinity's running game. St. X drops to #2 in OH, behind St. Eds.

St X is upset by Louisville Trinity 33-32. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would be the outcome. St. X looked off balance and without an answer for Trinity's running game. St. X drops to #2 in OH, behind St. Eds.
WOW! I am shocked

The majority of Trinity's rushing yards were on QB scrambles out of upheld pressures. X got burnt by what always burns them on defense- a scrambling QB and deep passes.

This was a home loss to a winless team that Div 2 Lasalle beat by 20. X drops alot more than 1 spot. But, I still expect X to make the final 4 and be a very tough out in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter....pay attention.
X will win GCL & still be #1 in Region 4...remember, they were #2 seed last year & it worked out fine

Great win for Trinity; QB Brady Willis [listed at all of 5'9" 142 lbs] scrambling, throwing up passes [long looping passes- no need to laser them in] to that big TE or WR's who caught them like mana from heaven and when he wasn't doing that, scrambled past defenders like he was Barry Sanders. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to an outstanding performance from the other team and that is the case in this instance

Brady Willis 17/22 313 yds 0TD's 0 Int's 3sacks: 19 rushing atts 121 yds 1 td
rushing for rest of team 22 for 53yds 2 td's
Noah Myers 3/102 rec
Colin Bratcher 3/80
Stephen Mack 4/60
Armon Tucker 5/55
Chris Whittington 2/16

Last edited:
Every GCL Team plays a way harder Schedule than Springfield. We hear this Springfield crap every yr last few years and they win absolutely nothing. Springfield= regular season world beaters and state title contender fraud.

This was a home loss to a winless team that Div 2 Lasalle beat by 20. X drops alot more than 1 spot. But, I still expect X to make the final 4 and be a very tough out in the playoffs.
Sounds like a major choke.
Maybe StX Staff was coaching for another team all weak.
Maybe he thought his kids heads where to swelled up worried about State/National rankings.

Another year where a Kentucky or Indiana team wins a Ohio State Championship??

If you can’t beat them 0-6 out of state teams maybe don’t embarrass Ohio by playing them.

But by all means. You tip your hat.
If you can’t beat a rebuilding 0-6 team full of young kids I sure wouldn’t schedule them next year. Unless you like “tipping your hat” to your Catholic friends from Louisville.
Top of the morning to ya!!

Trinity not even close to a “normal” winless Team. Nice try though. Springfield will not win anything this year. Keep the faith though??‍♂️

Sounds like a major choke.
Maybe StX Staff was coaching for another team all weak.
Maybe he thought his kids heads where to swelled up worried about State/National rankings.

Another year where a Kentucky or Indiana team wins a Ohio State Championship??

If you can’t beat them 0-6 out of state teams maybe don’t embarrass Ohio by playing them.

But by all means. You tip your hat.
If you can’t beat a rebuilding 0-6 team full of young kids I sure wouldn’t schedule them next year. Unless you like “tipping your hat” to your Catholic friends from Louisville.
Top of the morning to ya!!
You forgot to mention Trinity has a new head coach who was looking for his 1st W

Trinity not even close to a “normal” winless Team. Nice try though. Springfield will not win anything this year. Keep the faith though??‍♂️
When Trinity scrimmaged Springfield this year, they didn't score. Trinity's coach talked about how his very young team needed that kind of experience against a veteran senior laden squad like Springfield. Sounds like a pretty "normal" 0-6 team to me. Oh sorry, I forgot, they're now 1-6.

Every GCL Team plays a way harder Schedule than Springfield. We hear this Springfield crap every yr last few years and they win absolutely nothing. Springfield= regular season world beaters and state title contender fraud.
At least Springfield doesn't lose at home to winless teams that start sophomores on both sides and that has a new head coach looking for his 1st win. And btw, Springfield is undefeated and will be ranked higher than each and every GCL team next week. Their defense hasn't been scored on in 14 quarters. In fact, when Trinity scrimmaged Springfield, they failed to score too. And you wanna talk about someone for being a fraudulent state title contender today? Lol

On any given night....one reason why HS football is so much fun! A great life lesson for the Bombers. In life you aren't always undefeated....and the breaks don't always go your way...and life is unpredictable...and life can stun you when you least expect it...when you keep winning you have a target on your back... life can be unfair...and on and on.... These are reasons football is good for kids.