Winless Louisville Trinity* upsets #9 X!!!

St X vs Trinity game stats.png

After all their dooshbaggery so far this season with the worst X schedule ever garbage, this is really comical.
I still look for X to make the final 4. But after this, people shouldn't assume they'll make the state title game. I followed this game live and it felt like Trinity controlled and dominated all night.

I saw the game on the livestream and I was stunned how the defense struggled tonight to stop Trinity and the special teams gaffes. A long return in the second half led to a Trinity field goal and then an onside kick that Trinity recovered led to a touchdown. Then, a fake screen pass caught the defense off guard and led to a big gain and another field goal for Trinity. X took the lead and then kicked to a guy on the 20 and they couldn't tackle him and he got to the 40 yard line where Trinity started the drive. They scored and X got stopped in Trinity territory after 2 passes to the sideline didn't work out and some possible miscommunication. Trinity played a great game and I never expected this outcome.

Total Embarrassment and why every Moe, Elder and LaSalle fan are thrilled they got beat!
Yep. But aside from the schadenfreude regarding ReLoad and his alter ego, I'm stunned. La Salle ran all over Trinity a couple weeks ago. I think at the end of the day, a bunch of 15-to-18-year-olds just looked past another group of kids they should not have looked past.

Yep. But aside from the schadenfreude regarding ReLoad and his alter ego, I'm stunned. La Salle ran all over Trinity a couple weeks ago. I think at the end of the day, a bunch of 15-to-18-year-olds just looked past another group of kids they should not have looked past.
Another thing is there's something to be said for a tradition rich program. Trinity is like a 25 time state champion in Kentucky's big school division. Their kids are used to winning big games like this and they came to play. Based on the live feed I followed tonite, the better team won.

Last edited:
This Game was pretty back and forth the whole time. I listened/Watched all of it. I wouldn’t say either team dominated or controlled the game.

Must be something about out of state teams… 2 Indiana schools (Indy Cathedral & Brownsburg) beat X last year and now a KY team does the same this year. It may be a blessing in disguise for my Suicide Bombers. Time will tell!

X got outcoached tonight. Worse than I've seen in the Specht Era. They looked completely unprepared on defense. The offense put up 32 points- you should NEVER lose a game when you score 32. Trinity has some talent on offense, and took full advantage of X's aggressive defensive scheme. Glad to get kicked in the teeth now than in week 11 or after. This is going to be a rough week of practice.

X got outcoached tonight. Worse than I've seen in the Specht Era. They looked completely unprepared on defense. The offense put up 32 points- you should NEVER lose a game when you score 32. Trinity has some talent on offense, and took full advantage of X's aggressive defensive scheme. Glad to get kicked in the teeth now than in week 11 or after. This is going to be a rough week of practice.
I agree X's offense played well enough to win. What surprised me was how X's defense seemed to have no answer from the 2d qtr on, especially on 3rd and 4th down. Trinity was converting everything. Had that mid field 4th qtr fumble not happened, Trinity probably would have scored on that drive too. I don't think Trinity in the 2d half. Just based on tonight, it seems like the better team won.

100% on Specht....hope he man's up & takes it

Another thing is there's something to be said for a tradition rich program. Trinity is like a 25 time state champion in Kentucky's big school division. They're kids are used to winning big games like this and they came to play. Based on the live feed I followed tonite, the better team won.
Yeah, X really doesn't have much tradition or pedigree to rely on, haven't played in many big games, certainly not 8 state championship games. I mean, they barely beat a Springfield team after practically handing them the game last year. Talk about choking.

Yeah, X really doesn't have much tradition or pedigree to rely on, haven't played in many big games, certainly not 8 state championship games. I mean, they barely beat a Springfield team after practically handing them the game last year. Talk about choking.
I never said X doesn't have tradition and history to rely on.

St X was ranked top 10 by maxpreps also interesting to see how they fall on national level
Maybe out of the regional top 10. That was a bad loss. Hopefully they get the starting CB they were missing back next week, and their top WR who went out early tonight.

It's spelled "there"
Must be something about out of state teams… 2 Indiana schools (Indy Cathedral & Brownsburg) beat X last year and now a KY team does the same this year. It may be a blessing in disguise for my Suicide Bombers. Time will tell!
Just overlooked & no intensity....if it mattered, I would assume different outcome but still frustrating Specht puts these restrictions on this talented group of players.
He might never have a group this talented again in his coaching career...let the lions out of the cage!
The offense looked slow & methodical(like it's 2010) and the defensive scheme was embarrassing.
For no reason, Who pooches a kickoff up by 6? Why give them a short field??
Then who plays bump w/no support over when ur opponent NEEDS a TD?
Why play the game if you don't care if you win?????
Feel sorry for this talented Bomber team; these boys work a minimum of 20 hrs a week in addition to a tough academic school to be over coached during the week but undercoached on Friday night.???

Another thing is there's something to be said for a tradition rich program. Trinity is like a 25 time state champion in Kentucky's big school division. Their kids are used to winning big games like this and they came to play. Based on the live feed I followed tonite, the better team won.
lol....the better team won. can you share the good stuff you inhale.

jtk
()