St. Edward (4-0) @ Massillon (3-1)

As the St Ed’s announcers said: “they would be crazy not to play this kid the rest of the year”

I think that’s what we will see. Hopefully we can find a way for McElroy to contribute because he is a good athlete but not sure we will risk our only viable backup.
Id like to see McElroy on defense he's a big dude and if he can take those type of hits just imagine what he can do on a defense side of the ball

Id like to see McElroy on defense he's a big dude and if he can take those type of hits just imagine what he can do on a defense side of the ball
He had been a backup safety the last few years. He put on some weight this off-season so not sure if that would be an option. It would be nice to get him on the field but if he was to get injured we would have no backup QB at all.

I’m not sure how healthy he is or even if he could play the position but giving him a look at Beasleys LB spot wouldn’t be the worst idea ever

I’m not sure how healthy he is or even if he could play the position but giving him a look at Beasleys LB spot wouldn’t be the worst idea ever
That’s probably the position he’s best suited for physically. Luckily, Watkins should be able to fill in rather seamlessly for Beasley.

Yeah he has the potential to be another Aiden Longwell throwing the ball with the added dimension of being able to run.
You hit the nail on the head. I agree he throws the ball a lot like Aiden did. I think we’re going to see just a more athletic version of that like you said with his ability to run.

Don't know who will start this week or moving forward. I will say this, they say a backup is supposed to prepare throughout the week as if he is going to start that week, that's not easy to do when you're not getting 1st team reps, when you're not getting the attention that the actual starter is and especially when you're only 14 years old. If/when Slaughter gets the nod he'll get the reps with the 1st team, he'll get the attention and hopefully get some confidence. His different skill set could open up the playbook a little. (I did see some different routes run when Jalen was in there last Friday night.)

Don't know who will start this week or moving forward. I will say this, they say a backup is supposed to prepare throughout the week as if he is going to start that week, that's not easy to do when you're not getting 1st team reps, when you're not getting the attention that the actual starter is and especially when you're only 14 years old. If/when Slaughter gets the nod he'll get the reps with the 1st team, he'll get the attention and hopefully get some confidence. His different skill set could open up the playbook a little. (I did see some different routes run when Jalen was in there last Friday night.)
Agreed. I really liked the shallow crossing route by Banks last Friday.