Three Rivers Conference Opener: (1-2) Northridge vs (1-2) Miami East

Bless Em All

Typically, I never pick Northridge to win. The history there is terrible and barely have I seen them be competitive. 2021 is a whole new year. This bunch of Bears are competitive and fast.
I don't think Miami East has the athletes to play with Northridge.

Northridge 42
Miami East 14

If you look at their Carlisle game, Northridge should win by 2-3 scores. I was told Northridge has some decent linemen to go along with their skill kids. If Northridge shows up to play they should win.

It's hard to believe, but I agree. I think Miami East is just really down at this point and Northridge has a competitive team.

Northridge 35
Miami East 14

Bit of trivia, who gave Milton Union it's worst loss in program history?
Northridge. 73-6 victory over Milton October 15, 1943.
Northridge has 4 of the top 10 margin of victory games over MU. All happened in the 1940s.
1943: 73-6
1944: 63-0
1945: 56-0
1949: 59-2
It would be interesting to see the overall record of Miami East vs Northridge.

Northridge has 4 of the top 10 margin of victory games over MU. All happened in the 1940s.
We're both country schools at that time?

We're both country schools at that time?
Northridge in the 1940's was equal to a Springboro of today relative to Dayton. The automobile changed Northridge into a highly sought after community to live in. They paved Philadelphia ave (Wampler Rd) in 1924. The flood just a few years earlier in Dayton had most anyone with means looking to move either to Northridge situated at a safe elevation and booming with jobs a couple miles away along Wagner Ford Rd and Webster Street, or to Jefferson Township along the western elevated ridge of Dayton and into Trotwood and New Lebanon (Dixie) areas. Really Northridge was the place to be until around 1970 when Vandalia got the interstate system and a more efficient way to commute from suburbs to Dayton was ushered in. Jefferson Township, located high on Daytons west ridge boomed for years following the flood as well. By 1970 ease of transportation built up the outskirts of Dayton with Northmont, Milton , Germantown, Beavercreek, Centerville all springing up around GM plants built in the area. (Harrison Radiator, Delco, Moraine Assembly, Kettering , the truck and bus plant on Stroop etc.).
YakYak you familiar with Jimmy Pollard from Northridge basketball in the 1970's? He was the last great scorer I recall coming from Northridge as a more typical suburban school.

What the flood helped build away from Dayton, the interstate and internet has brught about the decay of many of these great communities.

Last edited:
I wonder if East has ever played Ridge? How many schools will be playing each other first time ever? Milton vs Bethel? Milton vs TC? Milton vs most everyone?

MU vs the TRC:
MU 27-15 Miami East
MU 10-13 Lehman Catholic
MU 40-15 Northridge
MU 13-11 Covington (1 tie)
MU has never played Bethel, Troy Christian (1 scrimmage in 2000), or Riverside.

@D4fan, that was an awesome breakdown of some north Dayton history. Learned a ton thank you.

It is weird how Dayton is fanning out now. Everything south is still merging, it seems the crazy super metroplex of way south Dayton and way north cinncy almost merging into one huge suburb is actually a real thing.

Is Tipp growth stalling a bit? But its booming in East Troy, West Miami East. I also expect Vandalia/Englewood even Miltion Union to boom a bit with all the Airport expansion/warehouse work??? Eitherway above 70 seems to be growing also.

Sorry off topic but interesting.

Last edited:
MU vs the TRC:
MU 27-15 Miami East
MU 10-13 Lehman Catholic
MU 40-15 Northridge
MU 13-11 Covington (1 tie)
MU has never played Bethel, Troy Christian (1 scrimmage in 2000), or Riverside.
Riverside is 1 scrimmage in the late 90s.

@D4fan, that was an awesome breakdown of some north Dayton history. Learned a ton thank you.

It is weird how Dayton is fanning out now. Everything south is still merging, it seems the crazy super metroplex of way south Dayton and way north cinncy almost merging into one huge suburb is actually a real thing.

Is Tipp growth stalling a bit? But its booming in East Troy, West Miami East. I also expect Vandalia/Englewood even Miltion Union to boom a bit with all the Airport expansion/warehouse work??? Eitherway above 70 seems to be growing also.

Sorry off topic but interesting.
Milton was actually growing at a pretty good clip in the 50s and 60s. The interstate and Englewood stopped that growth and the 70s, 80s 90s were all stagnant. I remember playing Northridge in the late 70s and it was already a hot mess.
Northridge started declining in the 60s.

I know this is a football thread, but D4fan, I played basketball against Jimmy Pollard, one of the best pure shooters I have ever seen. He scored 42 points against us in an 8th grade game, and if there was a three point line then he probably would have scored 60.